• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    yay door county got a write up in competitor running
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I heard rumours about a fb group? And @ContraryMaryMary there's a half at the villa Maria Estate in January... I want to tag you.... Lol

Actually, I gave flagged that one as a possibility, but January is so hot!
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    Wow - November 1, 1:30 pm and we're already at page 6???? Fantastic!

Completely fell apart in October - I don't know if it was two halfs two weekends in a row that did me in - or if it's the fact that it's still dark at 7 am and I struggle just to get out of bed. I'm probably one of the few people looking forward to the time change so that I can run again in the morning.

Missed my goal last month by a long shot but have to get serious about training for Sedona. This month's goal is 60 miles.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat Thanks! And I love the sound of that SayYesMore group. One thing I have noticed is I am getting more cautious as the years go by. It would be great to get back to some adventure!

@ContraryMaryMary Smart plan! I should try some trail races. The elevation sure would benefit me since it is very flat where I live. I am a little afraid. I have only done ones that had a likelihood to be dry. I believe our terrain and weather in Vancouver is very similar to much of New Zealand.

Most of our trail courses are rough mountain paths and involve some water crossing (trail runners, is this normal?). I hate the idea of intentionally getting my feet wet early in a race lol. It rains enough here that it is going to happen without running through streams, creeks, rivers. Do you bring a change of clothes to not ruin your car with mud and water? Do you get used to running with sopping wet feet? Oh, so many questions!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    @girlinahat Thanks! And I love the sound of that SayYesMore group. One thing I have noticed is I am getting more cautious as the years go by. It would be great to get back to some adventure!

@ContraryMaryMary Smart plan! I should try some trail races. The elevation sure would benefit me since it is very flat where I live. I am a little afraid. I have only done ones that had a likelihood to be dry. I believe our terrain and weather in Vancouver is very similar to much of New Zealand.

Most of our trail courses are rough mountain paths and involve some water crossing (trail runners, is this normal?). I hate the idea of intentionally getting my feet wet early in a race lol. It rains enough here that it is going to happen without running through streams, creeks, rivers. Do you bring a change of clothes to not ruin your car with mud and water? Do you get used to running with sopping wet feet? Oh, so many questions!

I’m not a fan of getting wet and muddy but having good socks helps a lot. And yes, a change of clothes is vital - for warmth on the ride home more than anything - and I have a plastic boot liner that I put over my car seat if I don’t change out of wet shorts.
    I’m learning to love trail more and more, but would rather have stream crossings than mud and now select my routes to suit!!