Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
    Options
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart

Oh no! So sorry for your loss, and your families loss!
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thank you @PastorVincent
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Happy November - for those of us here already (@ContraryMaryMary, @orphia lol)

Rest day today. I still had sore tight muscles, mostly in my hips, after my training run on Saturday, so last night was a good yoga stretch and roll on the roller. My legs and hips feel better but my lower back is still tight, I'll work on that tonight.

This month will be crazy busy for me. This weekend is helping a friend build a chicken coop, next weekend is a study day I organise every year, then HM, then a wedding, then my birthday!! Whew

Have you thought of seeing an osteopath? I swear by them for helping ease the niggles that you will accumulate simply from running all those kilometres. Well worth it before Kerikeri (and after too).

Oh yes, and a pinch and a punch!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Happy November - for those of us here already (@ContraryMaryMary, @orphia lol)

Rest day today. I still had sore tight muscles, mostly in my hips, after my training run on Saturday, so last night was a good yoga stretch and roll on the roller. My legs and hips feel better but my lower back is still tight, I'll work on that tonight.

This month will be crazy busy for me. This weekend is helping a friend build a chicken coop, next weekend is a study day I organise every year, then HM, then a wedding, then my birthday!! Whew

Have you thought of seeing an osteopath? I swear by them for helping ease the niggles that you will accumulate simply from running all those kilometres. Well worth it before Kerikeri (and after too).

Oh yes, and a pinch and a punch!

Definitely something I'm thinking of. We have one just around the corner from me. I think Ill give it a couple more days and see how I feel. I get this from time to time, usually lasts a week then suddenly goes. or I might sneak in and get a physio session at work given he is just across the hall from me, and free! lol
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart So sorry to hear about your step niece. That is so sad, and exponentially worse leaving behind the kids.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I met my October nominal mileage goal on October 31, and I performed very well indeed versus my October real goals. Now, for November . . . checks crystal ball, still cloudy . . . I have 4 races scheduled, 2 of which are high profile team cross country events. Race with Grace is a Thanksgiving Day tradition, and while I want to do well my results will have no major impact. Syracuse Half looked like an important race when I signed up, but now looks much less important. So . . .

Nominal November mileage goal: 160 miles

Real Goals: Avoid injury. Run well in the Pete Glavin XC series. Have fun at the Syracuse Half and Race with Grace 10K. Build base toward the start of Boston training.

November races:
    November 4, 2018 Pete Glavin XC #4 6K (Trumansburg, NY)
    November 11, 2018 Syracuse Half Marathon (Syracuse, NY)
    November 18, 2018 Pete Glavin XC #5 8K (Syracuse, NY)
    November 22, 2018 Race with Grace 10K (Hilton, NY)
  • kgirlhart
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255