Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    2---2.24 intervals

2.24/65

Upcoming Races

December 1st Dinosaur Valley Endurance Run. 5 Mile Glen Rose TX
    January 5 BIRR Ultra relay. 50k. Hawaii. For @KeepRunningFatboy
    March 31, 2019 A2A Undecided distance. Ardmore OK
    April 28, 2019 OKC Memorial Marathon (half)
  • Elise4270
    Options
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I am in the 100 mile club again for November. I ran 120 miles in October and would have run more if not for temporary sidelining.

What have I done for my future self?

I became a healthy weight from morbidly obese.

I started running and lifting weights.

I am furthering my education.

@hanlonsk Thank you for the recommendation and for tagging me here as I had not seen this thread yet.

@Avidkeo I hear you. I used to wear a 44F. I lost 115 pounds (found 15 of them again) and now wear a 38C.

Oh I wish I was a C! 32f is frustrating cause apparently you aren't supposed to have big boobs if you are a size 10/12. Grrr. I started as a G at my heaviest so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. If I had a spare 15k, I'd get a reduction. Fortunately I don't get any medical problems from them - or unfortunately cause if I did then I'd be covered.

I imagine it is a ridiculous frustration for you. I have other issues that may be too graphic for the men here. I hate how certain things are and are not covered by insurance. But that's a whole other thing.

Ya know.... You could still share and put a tmi warning. And use the spoiler option. I'm not squeamish and am an aging female. Or we could just create a thread for running females, men enter at their own risk :wink:
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    I find it unbelievable that c25k/10K make it the standard to be running 10 minute miles when it is designed to help people who could not even run for a minute straight. In 60 minutes I run 5 miles, not 6.2.

Endurance and pace aren't necessarily related. When I started to turn myself into a runner, I had to slow to a walk after 1 minute. But the first time the program called for a continual run instead of intervals, the average pace that popped out was 7:45 per mile.

I suspect that to the extent a 10 minute mile is standard, that's because that's where the fat part of the bell curve of paces lands. In the program I pace for, the largest pace groups are 10:00 and 10:30 per mile.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Ya know.... You could still share and put a tmi warning. And use the spoiler option. I'm not squeamish and am an aging female. Or we could just create a thread for running females, men enter at their own risk :wink:

You mean that's not what the "Let's talk sports bras" thread is about? With that title, it sounds way too dangerous for me to enter.

Oooh ya. If bra talk seems like something thats risky you definitely dont want in on our other concerns. Unless we just start sharing pics of us in bras huggin' each other. Runners gone wild sort of thing, then you might be take a pass :smiley:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    11/1 - 0 km
    11/2 - 12 miles

Upcoming Races:

Harvest 10 Miler - November 2018

Steel Challange 5k - May 2019
    Pittsburgh Marathon - May 2019
    Glacier Ridge 50k Trail Race - May 2019

--More as I find them - need to find a nice trail race

2021 - Disney World Dopey! (if can raise funds)

2019 GOAL: Knock a full hour off my 50k time at Glacier Ridge.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    I find it unbelievable that c25k/10K make it the standard to be running 10 minute miles when it is designed to help people who could not even run for a minute straight. In 60 minutes I run 5 miles, not 6.2.

Endurance and pace aren't necessarily related. When I started to turn myself into a runner, I had to slow to a walk after 1 minute. But the first time the program called for a continual run instead of intervals, the average pace that popped out was 7:45 per mile.

I suspect that to the extent a 10 minute mile is standard, that's because that's where the fat part of the bell curve of paces lands. In the program I pace for, the largest pace groups are 10:00 and 10:30 per mile.

Plus 10 makes the math easier. :) I get frustrated about that kind of thing too, @amirahdaboss, then I remember that as a short, heavier, somewhat older woman, I just have to work harder than someone taller, lighter, younger and possessing more testosterone for the same results. No shame in that.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

You mean that's not what the "Let's talk sports bras" thread is about? With that title, it sounds way too dangerous for me to enter.

Hell, I just wear stretchy pull-on things and even I'm too scared to enter that thread. :smile:
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I am in the 100 mile club again for November. I ran 120 miles in October and would have run more if not for temporary sidelining.

What have I done for my future self?

I became a healthy weight from morbidly obese.

I started running and lifting weights.

I am furthering my education.

@hanlonsk Thank you for the recommendation and for tagging me here as I had not seen this thread yet.

@Avidkeo I hear you. I used to wear a 44F. I lost 115 pounds (found 15 of them again) and now wear a 38C.

Oh I wish I was a C! 32f is frustrating cause apparently you aren't supposed to have big boobs if you are a size 10/12. Grrr. I started as a G at my heaviest so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. If I had a spare 15k, I'd get a reduction. Fortunately I don't get any medical problems from them - or unfortunately cause if I did then I'd be covered.

I imagine it is a ridiculous frustration for you. I have other issues that may be too graphic for the men here. I hate how certain things are and are not covered by insurance. But that's a whole other thing.

I really wish ladies would stop assuming this about men. It is just silliness. Seriously. Its like on the TV show when they show the guy scared to by tampons. For real? Dude they are just sponges with a string on them. Whatever.

My husband buys them for me when I ask. When he's confused about brand etc he takes pictures and texts them to me.