• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    AprilRN10 wrote: »
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    I am in the 100 mile club again for November. I ran 120 miles in October and would have run more if not for temporary sidelining.

What have I done for my future self?

I became a healthy weight from morbidly obese.

I started running and lifting weights.

I am furthering my education.

@hanlonsk Thank you for the recommendation and for tagging me here as I had not seen this thread yet.

@Avidkeo I hear you. I used to wear a 44F. I lost 115 pounds (found 15 of them again) and now wear a 38C.

Oh I wish I was a C! 32f is frustrating cause apparently you aren't supposed to have big boobs if you are a size 10/12. Grrr. I started as a G at my heaviest so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. If I had a spare 15k, I'd get a reduction. Fortunately I don't get any medical problems from them - or unfortunately cause if I did then I'd be covered.

I imagine it is a ridiculous frustration for you. I have other issues that may be too graphic for the men here. I hate how certain things are and are not covered by insurance. But that's a whole other thing.

Ya know.... You could still share and put a tmi warning. And use the spoiler option. I'm not squeamish and am an aging female. Or we could just create a thread for running females, men enter at their own risk :wink:

I really wish ladies would stop assuming this about men. It is just silliness. Seriously. Its like on the TV show when they show the guy scared to by tampons. For real? Dude they are just sponges with a string on them. Whatever.

My husband buys them for me when I ask. When he's confused about brand etc he takes pictures and texts them to me.

Haha! I wouldn't dare. He'd bring home adult diapers or something!
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I am in the 100 mile club again for November. I ran 120 miles in October and would have run more if not for temporary sidelining.

@hanlonsk Thank you for the recommendation and for tagging me here as I had not seen this thread yet.

@Avidkeo I hear you. I used to wear a 44F. I lost 115 pounds (found 15 of them again) and now wear a 38C.

Oh I wish I was a C! 32f is frustrating cause apparently you aren't supposed to have big boobs if you are a size 10/12. Grrr. I started as a G at my heaviest so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. If I had a spare 15k, I'd get a reduction. Fortunately I don't get any medical problems from them - or unfortunately cause if I did then I'd be covered.

I imagine it is a ridiculous frustration for you. I have other issues that may be too graphic for the men here. I hate how certain things are and are not covered by insurance. But that's a whole other thing.

Ya know.... You could still share and put a tmi warning. And use the spoiler option. I'm not squeamish and am an aging female. Or we could just create a thread for running females, men enter at their own risk :wink:

I really wish ladies would stop assuming this about men. It is just silliness. Seriously. Its like on the TV show when they show the guy scared to by tampons. For real? Dude they are just sponges with a string on them. Whatever.

My husband buys them for me when I ask. When he's confused about brand etc he takes pictures and texts them to me.

Haha! I wouldn't dare. He'd bring home adult diapers or something!

Only time mine did that was immediately after I gave birth. LOL.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

I do that with all things in the store. She will say "Get THIS SPECIFIC THING" and it will SOUND really specific, but then I get there and there are like 5 slightly different things that fit the exact description. So send the pictures I do! Cell phones with cameras are a Godsend for people like me that are not detail oriented.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @orphia and @ContraryMaryMary a virtual run in NZ over Christmas for autism. It looks like you can do it from aus as well https://www.greatestvirtualrunnz.com/product-page/12-days-of-christmas-challenge
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    @orphia and @ContraryMaryMary a virtual run in NZ over Christmas for autism. It looks like you can do it from aus as well https://www.greatestvirtualrunnz.com/product-page/12-days-of-christmas-challenge

Ooh, looks good. Never done a virtual run before. Thinking 60km (it is a mad time of the year...)
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options

Ooh, looks good. Never done a virtual run before. Thinking 60km (it is a mad time of the year...)

I'm challenging myself, doing the 90...
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Ya'll cracking me up with the tmi/male/female/tampon conversation.

My man buys them. He even knows exactly which ones I want.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    fgsn wrote: »
    I'd like to join if it isn't too late! I'm starting a 20 week training program for my first ever half marathon this month! I've only ever done a 5K, so I'm excited to see how this will go :) (am I being too ambitious?)

20 weeks to train for a HM isn't overly ambitious, as long as you follow a reasonable plan and are consistent with it.
    Welcome to the group and good luck!

ETA: Welcome also @taotatoes and any other newbies I missed in the last few days.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Ya'll cracking me up with the tmi/male/female/tampon conversation.

My man buys them. He even knows exactly which ones I want.

I'm not married, or even co-habitating... so not something I worry about. However, I would think sending the description and UPC number would be easiest for something that is normally purchased and being replaced.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    Test 10/29 - run 10.1k
    10/30 - bike 11.2k, run 3.7k (5×400@5k; 5×300@recovery)
    10/31 - bike 10.2k
    11/1 - run 7.2k
    11/2 - rest
    11/3 - run 5.1k
    11/4 -

exercise.png

Upcoming races:
    November 11: City Trail Independence Day 5k
    December 8: City Trail 5k
    January 12: City Trail 5k
    February 2-3: Lublin night 10k
    February 16: City Trail 5k