November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic W00T! You survived another trip around the Sun!
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,804 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Did the Portland 3 Bays Half Marathon and was happy with my time. Out of 22 runs of HM distance, this was my 4th fastest; 2nd fastest race HM.

I wanted to be under 2 hr 10 min and I was.

Good on you! well done! and that course looks beautiful.

@ContraryMaryMary yay for first kids' run, parenting done right!

@katharmonic what a lovely birthday! and your doggie is adorable.

@zdyb23456 she is adorable! I know it's tough when you're a little kid and understanding how a competition works. Yay for blueberry muffin!

Ran (slowly) 8.6 miles. Knee felt achy at times but it went away.

So for November so far I ran 16.7 miles. Tomorrow will be upper body only - arm crank erg and weights.
    11/2 Friday 4.5
    11/3 Saturday 3.6
    11/4 Sunday 8.6

@hanlonsk good to see you here too! My challenge is doing both weights and running without straining something. Some time back I was deadlifting on one day, then ran the next and strained a hamstring.

• ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Did the Portland 3 Bays Half Marathon and was happy with my time. Out of 22 runs of HM distance, this was my 4th fastest; 2nd fastest race HM.

I wanted to be under 2 hr 10 min and I was.

Feeling recovered after Melbourne Marathon 3 weeks ago and legs feel good after today. It was awesome to run from one side of the peninsula to the other. The weather was perfect, with a little drizzle and a little sun in parts, but mostly cloudy with a tail wind.

There was a climb of over 50m in the first km and undulations the whole way which nearly did my head in! Hahaha. Hoping to do more HM races this month.

Nice work. Looks like a great course!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic Happy Birthday!!!
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday @katharmonic
    Sounds like a very pleasant and relaxing weekend.
    Cute pup!
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    As my half draws closer I range between moments of confidence to moments of pure terror and absolute certainty that my perfectly good training plan is really cr@p and I'm going to be horrifically undertrained and will probably die.
    Strangely though (as I'll probably die so it won't be an issue), while running and fretting over not having enough miles under my belt I'm already thinking about what I'll be looking for in another training plan for another half in March. Am I just plain crazy? (Asking for the little voice in my head).

I had the same doubts even though I know I had done all the training. However, when I calculated the pace I'd have to run to achieve the goal I wanted I thought, "that's just not possible", then I looked back at last year's pace and thought, "did I really run that speed? I can't maintain that pace", and so on and so on. But race day rolls around regardless and you do your thing and have a blast, and nearly die, and then you sign up for your next event!!

Welcome to Runners Not-Quite-So-Anonymous!

lol thanks, I have to admit I have had to be really firm with myself to stop myself signing up for the next one before even completing the first. I am apparently a race addict. Luckily (for now) my crazy brain still considers a full marathon to be WAY too much. Fingers crossed it doesn't change its mind after discovering a half is possible, or I'm really *kitten*!

@katharmonic happy birthday!
  • lkpducky
    Options
    11.5 miles today. No rain, but it was a bit chilly and windy. And I stayed in my small town, which meant a lot of loops. :(
    exercise.png

I don't live in a small town but there are a LOT of long stoplights if I go too far, so I have to do a number of out-and-backs instead. bleugh
    11/1 = 18 miles
    11/2 = rest day
    11/3 = rest day
    11/4 = 16 miles

November goal miles = ? / 34 miles-to-date

Upcoming Races:
    11/11 = Hill County Trivium (just doing the half)
    11/22 = Georgetown Turkey Trot
    12/15 = Stars at Night Half
    1/26/19 = Miami Tropical 5K
    1/27/19 = Miami Marathon
    3/10/19 = ZOOMA half (potentially)
    5/4/18 = Wisconsin Marathon (mittens challenge part 1)
    5/5/18 = Kalamazoo Marathon (mittens challenge part 2)

Wow you are one busy runner! May all go well.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Butterchop wrote: »
    5.8 miles today. It was my first really crappy run. The first one that didn't make me feel better. I actually felt terrible at the end. It was cool and super windy. My clothes were too hot and I developed some odd ankle pain about half way. Also had to walk a bit which just ruined my mentality. I finished it but just didn't enjoy it.

I’ve been struggling with being too hot on cold day runs too. My best running purchases of the season have been a very very lightweight windbreaker and (separate) detachable sleeves, that way I can keep the wind off but basically have short sleeves under the jacket once I warm up.
  • lkpducky
    Options
    I had a slight hiccup in my training today. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. I have a kidney stone and infection. I’ll be taking a few days off.

Oh No! I hope it all clears up soon!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp Great report and great run!!!
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @debrakgoogins oh no! That sounds awful. Hope they pass without TOO much pain! :s
    @MobyCarp great race! Congrats!