November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,018 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Did my first run/walk in about a month. It wasn't pretty, but it is in the books and I feel great that I got out there and did it. Went 1.5 miles in 21 minutes (I should have made my ticker tracker a snail. LOL)

exercise.png

@BruinsGal_91 Your picture is very pretty. I love the fall colors. Glad you had a great run, even in the rain.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm with @Scott6255 , no great words of wisdom here but reading y'alls posts has been inspiring.

For myself, looking forward to running at least a short distance Monday, maybe hills or other speedwork. Idk, just know that this cold has kicked my *kitten*. Jealous of all the mileage posts.

@PastorVincent a more timely lesson I could not imagine.

@shanaber and ddmom-great pic.

@lkpducky so sorry to hear about your friend. Sounds like he was the best kind.

@fgsn I just did my first HM in 5 years on 16 weeks of training, no plan. Consistency is key as @marisap2010 said. Good luck.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    11/1/18 5 miles
    11/3 3 miles

Total 8 /60-90 miles

"slept in" for me then enjoyed a leisurely cup of coffee before my run. It was pretty warm out but not awful. Not much to say today.
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna follow up this monthly question with another. i wanna know, i want you to think about what is healthy? What does healthy look like? A hint: You wont find it in the media.

As was said by @garygse very well...and yes much too deep for a Saturday.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary That's great!!!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    For the Americans among us...

p2mu9wnimy28.png

Ummmm... not this American.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    For the Americans among us...

p2mu9wnimy28.png

Ummmm... not this American.

Ummm... Tonight in American we set the clocks back one hour... so the joke is very much American and makes no sense in places where they are not setting the clocks back one hour tonight. (and a few places in America actually... the last bastions of common sense!) On a different night of the year when other people are doing it, then the joke will before them.
    ;)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    I was fishing mearly for something along the lines of "change towards healthier choices" and against stagnation and the acceptance of self harm, regardless of how it was applied. I was also trying to challenging our mental images of healthy.