November 2018 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp What a beaming smile!! I only look that happy 15 minutes after my run is over!!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    The fires in California are very much in the news here with so many families losing everything. I cried when I read this story of how the running community came out and supported one HS runner whose family lost everything and he missed the race where he could qualify for the State level competition. https://www.runnersworld.com/runners-stories/a25245922/runner-second-chance-camp-fire/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_rnw&utm_medium=email&date=112418&utm_campaign=RNW 2018-11-24 -- New Day 16&utm_term=New Day 16
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @Orphia Great pictures and race!
    @mbaker566 your friend does not look happy. I assume he wishes the race was a lot longer? :) Also... PUPPIES!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    No run today, tomorrow I should be able to return to running. Soon I will need to start planning out my training for my 50k. Going to be tough with the new job and new schedule, but, eh, something will work out I am sure.

Still need to figure out what happened with my back too, but I have some ideas to try...
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    been a bit mia while visiting family. have injured my hip, its sore when i sit cross legged or in awkward positions, and while i walk. odly not sore when i run. we go home tomorrow. not sure if i should run - planning on 10k - or rest...plane is at 12:30 so i have time.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @Orphia awesome pics!!
    Im thinking of saving for a hydration pack... what would you all recommend. no trails, just road running.
  • PastorVincent
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @Orphia awesome pics!!
    Im thinking of saving for a hydration pack... what would you all recommend. no trails, just road running.

I would recommend a Wunjo sports pack: https://wunjosports.com/collections/all

I personally run with their X5, but you might only want the X2 (which is only $26!!). They are an excellent pack that is far more reasonably priced than most.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job on your HM @Orphia - cool place to run!

Nice job on the Turkey Trot @mbaker566. Love the doggos in their sweaters.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I too have been thinking about you and skip. I'm so sorry to hear she's had such a rough start to college. Personally I'd go scorched earth on the school. The actual school may be fine but they allowed their run program to be run like that. They knew what was going on and ignored it. I feel so angry for both of you. Biggest hugs.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom: That is appalling - I am so sorry to hear about it both for you and for Skip.