Workout EVERY day in November!

Options
jagpalm99
jagpalm99 Posts: 13 Member
I have realized getting myself moving is truly the missing link in my weight loss goals. Let’s post positive motivation and stay accountable to moving EVERY day in November. Whether it’s a 5 mile run or 10 minute HIIT workout, let’s keep it moving throughout November and see what our results are December 1!

Replies

• evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I am soooo in!!!!
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ok I’m going to try to do this! I have some vacation days this week but otherwise I have no excuse!
  • jagpalm99
    Options
    Yeaay! So happy to have support in this. Started early yesterday and today. Started the day sweating and smiling. Looking forward to a great November!
  • jagpalm99
    Options
    So how’s it going?? I worked out for about half an hour. Feeling good about the month
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    Is there any special format to post our daily workouts?

November 1: Leslie Sansone's Miracle Miles (2 miles in 30 minutes); also did an 8 minute interval walking session on my Fitbit
  • amberholm100
    amberholm100 Posts: 3 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Already worked out for the first 2 days of November went to the gym. Off to a great start. November 1; 20 minutes on the zero impact runner.
    November 2; 12 minute run
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    I'm all about being active, but you need to make sure you're getting recovery...that isn't to say do nothing on recovery days, but going all in everyday is not advisable. Fitness improves with adequate recovery...recovery is important. I'm active most days, but I'm not hammering it out in the weight room or on the bike everyday. Intensity and volume should be varied if you're going to train every day. I usually walk and/or do some yoga on my recovery days. Recovery is where the magic happens.

Also, if you're new to fitness, the more recovery you will need.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 2...I did a 1 mile Leslie Sansone walking video in 14. Also did some strength training with a stretch band.

In response to the folks that posted about not exercising intensely without ample recovery time...I had already decided that my recovery days would be a 1 mile Leslie Sansone walking video for 15-20 minutes. My pattern over the years has been if I even take off 1 day from exercising and do absolutely nothing, I fall off the bandwagon altogether. This time around, I'm determined to make it!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 3....I did 2 Leslie Sansone aerobic walking videos for a total of 69 minutes! :)
  • KLM4k
    KLM4k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Getting about 10,000 steps a day. Doing some challenges on here. That helps too! Good luck everyone! 🙌🏻😊
  • jagpalm99
    Options
    George thank you for your advice but it’s not needed. Going at it every day is absolutely fine as long as you are reasonable about the intensity of your workouts. I have a great lifestyle of healthy eating already and don’t think any of us are on counterproductive fad diets. Rather we are intelligent people interested in supporting and encouraging each other daily. That’s what this form is about.
  • jagpalm99
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Great job! Thank you for being so specific and it sounds like you have a smart plan :) Thank you for your posts!
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 4...no actual exercise. I was busy with church and tutoring in between services. However, my Fitbit noted that I had 22 minutes of active movement throughout the day. By evening, I was so exhausted I chose sleep over anything else.😴 But I'm back on it today.☺
  • jagpalm99
    Options
    Good job having active walking on your fit bit!
    Yesterday was a very long day so my work out was literally just 12 minutes in the evening. Today I was back to elliptical and Pilates for half an hour
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 5....3.5 miles of Leslie Sansone's 5 mile fat burning DVD.
  • Syra2884
    Syra2884 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    i am in
    so for the last 6days in november i have done hitt. a 2hour hike. i have done 2 boxing classes of half a hour. i have done my first spinn class tonight and its been great if anyone is in Pukekohe area it would be good to catch a gym class or hike .

[edited by MFP mods to remove personal details]
  • ckparis
    ckparis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Better late than never! Day one just did 1/2 hour on the treadmill. Starting slow and pushed myself to different speeds throughout ending in a 1 minute sprint.
  • evangsimmons170
    Options
    November 6....1.5 miles of Leslie Sansone's 5 mile fat burning DVD.

• ckparis
    ckparis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Another successful 1/2 hour jog on the treadmill today :) Feeling pretty darn good!