Awesome progress! Look fantastic!
  • Fi45
    Fi45 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress. What an inspiration you are xx
  • mphillip6
    mphillip6 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You are doing FANTASTIC!!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • Gizzy1976
    Gizzy1976 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, keep up the good work!! ????
  • FindingLihua
    FindingLihua Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great job!! keep working out and eating healthy meals and you'll make it to the end..
    goodluck :)
  • babol23
    babol23 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!!
    Options
    good job honey!
  • jenvalle356
    jenvalle356 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing!!! Congrats on your journey so far!:heart:
  • newsharonkay
    newsharonkay Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I call that transformation.. You are a inspiration to all of us!!
  • glittersno
    glittersno Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amazing! What did you do? What was your biggest struggle and how did you overcome it?

I began my journey January 11, 2013. I started out with a 1200 calorie, low carb diet and because I could not move around much, I started doing "Dance Central" with the kinect & xbox 360. I would do this for a total of 10 minutes every other day. I had to take breaks in between dances because I could barely breathe and it really hurt to be moving. Once I started getting more physically active, I raised my calorie intake to 1400. Then, I was able to ride my bike for the first time in almost 16 years. This has become my favorite form of exercise. Because I have become more physically active, I eat between 1400-1800 depending on the day. Have had a few bad days here and there, but that is going to happen to us all. Falling means getting back up.

My biggest struggle was not eating out as much as I used to. I was really addicted to it. Between McDonald's and Chinese Buffets, I was hooked. That and portion control. There are some days that I could really eat us out of house and home, but obviously I can't do that... lol I try to fill in the gap with water or if need be a healthy snack like a tomato or something. Stress is definitely a trigger for me and can be difficult to get through. The last few days have really been a test. However, even though some mistakes were made, I am still on board with this journey and not giving up. :)

If I can do this, anyone can. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I was told that I was too far gone to diet, that I needed surgery to lose weight. I refused the surgery because if I am going to go through it, I am going to be the one to do it. I was so tired of watching life pass by me and not being a part of it. Things I wanted to do and couldn't because of my weight. I almost feel like a hot air balloon that had so many bags of sand on me. One by one the bags were removed. I still have some bags, but some day I am going to be free to see the world. That is my goal :)

Thank you all for so many kind words. I really appreciate it. DO NOT give up on your journey! Keep your eyes on the prize and remember, you do not get to the top of the ladder without going one rung at a time. You will get there! :)
  • budderbun
    Options
    Wow girl you look amazing <3
  • homegirl614
    homegirl614 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    that's so amazing. You are my motivation...Good job
  • danadoo32
    Options
    You are an inspiration!! Thank you!
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Congratulations on all your hard work :)
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What a difference, you look absolutely amazing. Congratulations on what you have achieved so far.
  • RAEQ127
    RAEQ127 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome job!!!!!!
  • MLitke12
    MLitke12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing a great job!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a tremendous job! You look beautiful!
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!