Options

Replies

• Determination29
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!!
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    What amazing progress hon!! And what a great attitude as well!! I am sure you will reach your goals!!
  • Determination29
    Options
    Amazing! What did you do? What was your biggest struggle and how did you overcome it?

I began my journey January 11, 2013. I started out with a 1200 calorie, low carb diet and because I could not move around much, I started doing "Dance Central" with the kinect & xbox 360. I would do this for a total of 10 minutes every other day. I had to take breaks in between dances because I could barely breathe and it really hurt to be moving. Once I started getting more physically active, I raised my calorie intake to 1400. Then, I was able to ride my bike for the first time in almost 16 years. This has become my favorite form of exercise. Because I have become more physically active, I eat between 1400-1800 depending on the day. Have had a few bad days here and there, but that is going to happen to us all. Falling means getting back up.

My biggest struggle was not eating out as much as I used to. I was really addicted to it. Between McDonald's and Chinese Buffets, I was hooked. That and portion control. There are some days that I could really eat us out of house and home, but obviously I can't do that... lol I try to fill in the gap with water or if need be a healthy snack like a tomato or something. Stress is definitely a trigger for me and can be difficult to get through. The last few days have really been a test. However, even though some mistakes were made, I am still on board with this journey and not giving up. :)

If I can do this, anyone can. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I was told that I was too far gone to diet, that I needed surgery to lose weight. I refused the surgery because if I am going to go through it, I am going to be the one to do it. I was so tired of watching life pass by me and not being a part of it. Things I wanted to do and couldn't because of my weight. I almost feel like a hot air balloon that had so many bags of sand on me. One by one the bags were removed. I still have some bags, but some day I am going to be free to see the world. That is my goal :)

Thank you all for so many kind words. I really appreciate it. DO NOT give up on your journey! Keep your eyes on the prize and remember, you do not get to the top of the ladder without going one rung at a time. You will get there! :)

This here inspires me!
  • ryansgirl101302
    Options
    That is amazing!!! Congrats!

~Beth~
    16lbs lost; 3.1mi 37:04
    "I am still a work in progress"
  • kenna44cat
    kenna44cat Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look so much happier and there's so much life in your eyes and you have a very pretty face. Just amazing. Your body is completely transformed. Good luck on the rest of the journey, I know you'll get there very soon.
  • strongmindstrongbody
    strongmindstrongbody Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's a lot of weight lost in such a short time. You sure have been determined! Congrats on the success!
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, and thank you for sharing here. Great inspiration for everyone but especially those with a long road ahead!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Look how much you've accomplished already. I have faith in you that you'll meet that new goal by the end of 2013. :flowerforyou:
  • amyelnash
    amyelnash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    wow!!
    bloody hell!! thats fantastic, and just diet and exercise?!
    well done you!! Your figure has retracted so neatly aswel!

can I ask how long current progress has taken!

Keep stong and keep at it mate!!
  • amyelnash
    amyelnash Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I just read this feedback.

inspirational!! i have a few inches of "stubborn fat" and now im just thinking, if i cal it stubborn im beng stubborn. youve had such a life changing change over a matter of a few months!

keep it up!!!
  • becomingtherealme
    Options
    Tremendous difference!!! You've done an amazing job and you can reach your goal! One day and one pound at a time :)
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! You look fantastic! Can't wait for the final pics -
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Good job! You look great!
  • glittersno
    glittersno Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    wow!!
    bloody hell!! thats fantastic, and just diet and exercise?!
    well done you!! Your figure has retracted so neatly aswel!

can I ask how long current progress has taken!

Keep stong and keep at it mate!!

Thanks! Yes, just diet and exercise. Only pill that I have taken was a vitamin. Because I was super obese, on a super obese person the weight tends to come off quick at the beginning. I had lost 34 pounds the first month! Think a lot of it was water weight to be honest. I had a lot of water retention. My feet would swell so bad that I thought the tops of them were going to split. My legs would weep. It was horrible. Thankfully, I do not get that anymore :)

I started this journey January 11 of this year. Best decision of my life.
    Thank you for the encouragement and the compliments!
  • costafortune
    Options
    That`s fantastic! Congratulations!!!! *clap!* *clap!* *clap!*
  • hollyann31
    hollyann31 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    omg you look amazing...congratulations
  • I_snaps_I
    I_snaps_I Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your progress so far! You look great!
  • SorilLeo89
    Options
    That is awesome! Way to go! I hope I can follow your example!
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! What an inspiration!!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! and you certainly have made a huge stride in your journey!! You also don't look like you are in the 300's, you must be really tall. Enjoy the ride and best of luck!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!