When did you lose the belly fat?

Options
LiLee2018
LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
edited November 2018 in Success Stories
For those that started with a BIG bloated stomach, how long did it take before you noticed a difference in your stomach? How much weight did you lose before you saw a difference?

Just feeling a bit frustrated.
Super happy with my progress so far (33lbs down) and still super motivated to reach my goals, however long it takes. Just frustrated like hell that my belly fat does not seem to be budging. I've gone down 2 sizes so I am shrinking, but my belly is still HUGE. I still look like I'm 7m pregnant.
I've even been taking progress photos and there is barely any difference between my first one and the one I took yesterday (no I won't post them. Not ready to share all of that).

I know it will eventually start to disappear, but damn. I wish it would happen NOW instead of last :\

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    After my second baby, I would say I had more of a belly than anything else, it took about 7 months to lose it and lean out, about 15lbs. I incorporated strength training, getting enough protein, moderate deficit.

For some people it is the last place to go, for me I carry weight on my lower body and I can get ultra lean and it still remains in those stubborn spots.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I started at 267 and it seemed a lifetime before I noticed my belly shrinking. Finally at 181, it was as close to flat as possible for me because I wasn't exercising. I should have exercised because I went up to 221 and my belly looks as big as at my highest weight even though I'm not. This time around, I'm exercising along with counting calories. Because I feel stronger with exercise, I'm hoping it won't be as long to flatten the belly again. I wish you all the best. Here's to flatter bellies!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    yeah unfortunately where you want to lose it the most is the last place it hangs onto. Just keep going. if you're dedicated it will come off in the end.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!