Options
13»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    CLCinNOLA wrote: »
    LiLee2018 wrote: »
    For those that started with a BIG bloated stomach, how long did it take before you noticed a difference in your stomach? How much weight did you lose before you saw a difference?

Just feeling a bit frustrated.
    Super happy with my progress so far (33lbs down) and still super motivated to reach my goals, however long it takes. Just frustrated like hell that my belly fat does not seem to be budging. I've gone down 2 sizes so I am shrinking, but my belly is still HUGE. I still look like I'm 7m pregnant.
    I've even been taking progress photos and there is barely any difference between my first one and the one I took yesterday (no I won't post them. Not ready to share all of that).

I know it will eventually start to disappear, but damn. I wish it would happen NOW instead of last :\

Congratulations on losing 33 lbs. For me it was the last on, first off, but I think that's just due to luck. One thing's for sure: if you keep losing like that, eventually it's just got to vanish!

not always, some people who lose weight too fast end up with losing lean mass a lot of times and they end up with the skinny fat look which means more lean mass than fat was lost,so they can be at a lower weight ,maybe even underweight and still have a good bit of fat in places,which is why its recommended to lift heavy and get enough protein to combat those things and to lose weight at a reasonable rate,so you can prevent the skinny fat look.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm at 5ft4 and started at 173lb. I know that my stomach has gotten smaller progressively from the start, but I'm just now noticing "hey, my stomach looks really different" at 152lb. I hold my weight mostly in my legs and butt, though. Pear shape here.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I started noticing my body changing after following a 30 day DVD program with lifting weights and doing cardio. :) And the belly immediately came back after I stopped lifting early in the summer. So my recommendation will always be, get lifting! :wink:
  • peachie2013
    peachie2013 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My stomach was the slowest part of my body to get rid of the fat. After my previous 76 pounds weight loss, I considered surgery for that area. However, I attended an orientation and the surgeon’s nurse stated the dr would not recommend the surgery for someone who has a history of keloiding. I decided not to chance it. Keep doing what you are doing and you will see some improvement eventually.
  • mlbatson
    mlbatson Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio.... it’s the only way and seems to take FOREVER... Stick with it and eventually it will shrink.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I only have a completely flat stomach at a super low BF %. It was the last to go unfortunately.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Your fat distribution patterns are part of your genetics, and that can't be altered by any food, supplement or exercise.

From a degreed Biologist....Yes this is true
  • donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Well, this is beat to death, but I'll add my 2 cents. Your body has 2 types of fat, subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. Sub-Q covers the muscles, Visceral fat surrounds the intra-abdominal and pelvic organs. Visceral fat is pretty much always the first and last to go. I say first, because if you are morbidly obese, your body will start to put fat places like your liver, but that's not good, and is reversible. Anyway, Visceral fat can cause that round stomach, even in a lean body. I think some people might call this skinny fat. To answer your question, my abs make an appearance at around 14% body fat. At 11%, most of the sub-q is gone.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    donharkrn wrote: »
    Well, this is beat to death, but I'll add my 2 cents. Your body has 2 types of fat, subcutaneous fat and visceral fat. Sub-Q covers the muscles, Visceral fat surrounds the intra-abdominal and pelvic organs. Visceral fat is pretty much always the first and last to go. I say first, because if you are morbidly obese, your body will start to put fat places like your liver, but that's not good, and is reversible. Anyway, Visceral fat can cause that round stomach, even in a lean body. I think some people might call this skinny fat. To answer your question, my abs make an appearance at around 14% body fat. At 11%, most of the sub-q is gone.

you are male so you can get down to lower percentages of body fat where women have to be careful with that
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I was mistaking my belly fat for my fatty liver syndrome. Talk to your doctor. I am now losing my belly fat and on occasion my stomach is flat despite being 236 lbs.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Took ages and ages but I did!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!