Is it really just calories in calories out?

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    P.s. Search online foods that heal the body and things that balance hormones. It can help your body not to hold onto weight because of hormonal balances.

The only thing that I can think of where this makes sense is in the context of refeeds and diet breaks, where someone has either been in an aggressive cut or a prolonged diet.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Nope. Calories are not all created equal. And people will argue and argue and argue on here. Is 1500 calories of twinkies and 1500 calories of 'normal' food all still 1500 calories? Sure! But, will you feel the same and will your body respond the same to all. NO. and i'm sorry, but keto and any other diet is crap. Eat as healthy as you can. Incorporate whole foods and cook your own food as much as possible. You WILL lose the weight. But consistency is key. I like to plan out my whole weeks worth of food and pre log to look at macros and the numbers. It helps me stay focused and not stray. I like to continue to eat somewhat normal foods and calorie ranges (i eat between 1450 and 1600 calories and burn between 300 and 800 for exercise a day) so that i can keep it as a lifestyle and not just a fad diet. Good luck!

How come in every one of these ridiculous straw man comparisons, the people saying a calorie is a calorie and that CICO is what matters for weight loss are limited to just a single food, in this case twinkies, and the people who say that nutrition is important (which no one is disputing) get to eat the same amount of calories of "normal" food presumably a varied diet filled with a balance of macro and micronutrients? Why does one side get one food and the other side get everything "healthy"? If you're going to play ridiculous straw man bingo at least take one single "healthy" food for your side of the argument. So what would you like? Broccoli? Chicken Breast? Spinach? Tofu?

Twinkies made with tofu? https://www.instructables.com/id/Organic-Vegan-Twinkie-Recipe/