Replies

• jhaddon7143
    jhaddon7143 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    All on my total gym.
  • CharlotteHotcakes
    CharlotteHotcakes Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I watch YouTube videos, mostly Fitness Blender. Today I did an abs/legs work out for 20 minutes, did strength training with 10 lb dumbbells for 10 minutes. Rode my bike to work, ran errands for 20 minutes.
    68 1/2 yrs. old.
  • sherevans2018
    sherevans2018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of LIIFT 4 :o
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    A couple of miles of walking, and a BodyBalance class. Felt goooooood after all the weekend’s hiking :)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7/9

Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 2/30
    *On a Yoga Block
    3-2-1-1 (7)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 2/30
    10-8-6-4-4 (32)

Yoga
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation B - 5 Rounds

Meditate
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went bouldering. I got my first v3 on Friday; I got it again this time but did not succeed on any new v3s. I fell off the wall quite a few times.
  • carlaringuette
    carlaringuette Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hour long walk at 5:15 am to beat the heat and humidity. By the end that humidity is definitely there and you're soaking wet even at 6:15 am. Love going in the morning or right at sunset. The changes in the clouds and especially in the morning you start out and all is quiet then the birds start singing and by the end you're like alright already. Like that scene in Mary Poppins where the bird won't shut up....Lol When I got back Hubby and I did AM Yoga by Rodney Yee dvd which takes about 30 minutes to stretch out all the kinks. Then I hit the shower, "got in line" aka the commute, ran through McDonald's for breakfast (that was not the original plan) and made it to work on time. Today's my easy day. Yesterday I did all that and then when I got home from work I did not pass Go - went straight to the gym and did a killer HIIT class. P U what's that smell....Did I mention the humidity. Lol
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    7k ish in a double with me bowing. It wasn't as eventful as last Tuesday so that's good at least. I didn't hit anything, I recovered very well from the one crab that I had (yay for not letting go of the handle - amusingly I was about to call for the stroke to do a ratio shift), and realized that I'm less anxious in a single than I am bowing a quad or a double. It's because it's slower and it's just me.

That said I did an okay job docking, especially given that no one helped me figure it out and there were a random three swimmers that appeared as I was approaching the dock. There was much praise from the coach who was on the dock :smiley: Also the person in stroke was awesome.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Crazy Tuesday.

30min stair workout with personal trainer. Her new focus is getting my heart rate up, so I ran up and down those stairs far too many times

Progressive interval run
    8min easy
    8min tempo
    8min threshold
    Cool down to 2.5 miles

45minutes zumba

5/4/1 cycle 2 week 3 deadlifts plus 5x10@42.5kg sumo deadlifts

45min insanity

50min boxercise - there was an odd number again and I drew the short straw and she worked me hard, proper hard.
  • aziz_n1
    aziz_n1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Had a short 20minute game of table tennis during my lunch break and then a 90min cardio session of intense squash after work at my club. On nights when not playing squash, I visit the gym near my office during rush hour and that normally means 30min on the bike, followed by abdominal exercises and then either concentrating on arms & upper body or on the legs. Finding this is working for me and I don’t have too much traffic to worry about when going home. Also, to mix things up, I go cycling or walking sometimes at weekends and during the 6month period from April to October, I like to go occasionally go mountain walking, on camping trips, that certainly burns the calories. I need to work more on my flexibility though.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Lower Power Day on PHUL plus a half hour walk each way to and from the gym.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Steady State Indoor rowing. Still working on keeping my 80% easier and my 20% harder. The HRM has helped, but I still have a bit of work to do. My HR drifted a bit too much on this one, I think. This was meant to be an "easy" row today. First one hour row I've done in nearly 9 months, so that's a huge improvement, albeit very slow for me.

I got a useful tip from an Indoor rower buddy online. He said if your HR drifts more than 5% on a SS (Steady State) row (after warm up, mine was around 136-ish after warm up), you're likely working too hard at the onset. Lower your pace the next time. I might have to lower my pace even more on these types of rows to start. I'd like to see it not creep into the 150s at all. By my friend's tip, HR shouldn't have "drifted" (the tendency for HR, over time, during a long workout to drift up) beyond 143 or 144 max. I spent a good portion of 10 to 15 minutes at the end closing in on 150 to 153, around 10 BPM too high.

Ah, still work to do! I'm always a work in progress!

udcraijd4okf.png
    4w6p8a0wgw9d.jpg
  • dvmmcw3094
    dvmmcw3094 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Yesterday: EMOMs
    4 min 15 box jumps; 4 min 15 KB swings; 4min 10 Burpees
    2 min rest

4 rounds:
    Even minutes 14 weighted squats
    Odd minutes 5 tricep pushups 5 regular pushups

3 rounds:
    15 V sits

Today:
    80:20 Foundation run 6 45 minutes
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    7/9/2019 - rest day, body needed it. Back at it tomorrow.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    7/9 pm
    Mobility
    Animal Flow Daily 5
    Core Strength Complex
    Low Crow Hold - 5 x 5 @20s (100s)
    Back Bridge - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)
    Pancake Stretch - 5 x 5 @30s (150s)

7/10 am
    Handstand Pushup - Pavel Fighter Progression (3RM) Day 3/30
    *On a Yoga Block
    3-2-2-1 (8)
    Pull-ups - Fighter Pull-Up Program (12R Max) Day 3/30
    10-8-6-6-4 (34)
    Yoga
    Hatha Sun Salutation - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation A - 5 Rounds
    Ashtanga Sun Salutation B - 5 Rounds
    Meditate
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Wednesday.

PT- trail hill sprints. 30min of running up and down a grass hill.

Couple of miles getting my new bike home. Havent ridden a bike since I was about 15 so this is a new adventure for me.

4.5mile easy run. Was supposed to just be 35min but I kept going.

Piyo - definitely starting to see the benefits of this class. My flexibility is really improving. You'd think being hypermobility I'd be super flexible but so many injuries though the years have taken their toll
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Another SS workout (steady state) -- Indoor rowing for 30, then AirDyne Bike for 30. Switched to make sure my HR stayed relatively flat for the hour. Need to have energy for tomorrow -- longer intervals -- my least favorite workout. I despise long intervals, but it's the best way to improve your anaerobic threashold.

To me, the "ideal" rowing week is 4 SS workouts (an hour to 90 minutes at the same lower intensity and pace), one day of hard/fast intervals (to improve speed and power) and the other day being a longer duration interval -- the rower version of the Fartlek. The speed ones are kind of sadistic fun. The longer ones are just agony. The seventh day is rest.

I'm at the point in my year where I have to figure out if I can compete this Winter. There are some races I'm eyeing up for January. I could play it safe and stay in AZ and go up to Tempe and feel good about myself or I could go to San Diego and get crushed in my age group. San Diego has some of the best rowers, not only in the US, but in the world in my age group (most of the guys I'm referring to do both competitive indoor and OTW rowing). Two that raced there last year were WR holders and the one other is nearly as good. One of the two WR holders runs the Navy Seals Training program -- yeah, he's that badass. Three or four sub 7 minute 2K rowers in the 55 to 60 group and the WR holder in the 60 to 65 group that did a 6:38 or so last year. That's just insane for someone over 60. My best (and I'm not even close to this now) was a 7:11, so when I'm in shape I'm not in their class. Would be a good learning experience, though.

Oh, and for extra pressure, their new club coach is a guy that was a two time Olympic Rowing Gold medalist from my home town in Ohio. He went on to coach the US Olympic Rowing Team, so he'd be watching all the races -- not a venue you want to go into not in shape. My ultimate goal, though, was to compete in World's just once. Since my Stepson's wedding put that squash on that this upcoming year, it would be a great prep for 2021 Worlds.

setdsv8uum5f.png
    mtgvs6t3ekbu.jpg
    08cvr1h438dg.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,150 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, 7/9: Another spin class.
    Today, 7/10: Another 6.8K row in the double, with the new guy from this year's learn-to-row class again.

So far, I've been pretty lucky about conning someone into rowing the double with me despite my regular partners being in surgical recovery, or on trips; nice, because somehow the single just isn't as much fun to me as bigger boats (but it's way more fun than no boats at all ;) ).