Mind
    Meditate (10m)
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Light intensity steady state cardio 60 min's Thursday

60 min's Hiking w/40# Friday
  • nickj_89
    nickj_89 Posts: 6 Member
    Last day of light-ish (65% of 1RM) lifting before jumping into my new program on Monday. Today its deadlift and OHP day.

Judo class was alot of fun last night, but I can definitely tell my cardio took a hit lol. Fortunately it always comes back pretty quick, and I plan to incorporate more cardio into my training.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Day 38 of EPIC I - killer upper body workout
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited October 2021
    Supersets in the garage gym, then 6 X 2 minute intervals on the LateralX and Assault Bike. Skipped the rower today. Right middle finger is swollen and sore. All I can think of is the KB swings at the gym might have injured it. Not terrible pain but might work off the rower for a few days. Hurts much worse when I row.

Around 600 calories for around 50 minutes of total work.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    Shorter version of my usual workout for my strength training today:
    2 sets landmine deadlifts
    2 sets barbell bench press
    2 sets cable lat pull-down
    2 sets barbell shoulder press
    2 sets cable rows
    1 set Bulgarian split squats
    And then some hanging exercises, still trying to build up to pull-ups.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    A 5k run and yoga 🧘‍♀️
  • Lietchi
    A bit of a milestone for me today, I ran a full hour at 8kph (and the last bit even 9kph)!

That's the goal I set for myself two years ago when I started running. I started jogging on my treadmill at 6.3kph - while still obese - in November 2019, but it would always show up as an 8kph run in my MFP diary. So I wanted to be able to run at that speed and keep it up for an hour, to consider myself a 'real' runner and to no longer be a liar in my synced workouts on MFP.

I finally did it. And the best part is that I'm not even particularly tired 😎
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited October 2021
    Another "was that a workout?" workout. Rowing club had a Halloween party, snacks, then around 6k of barge rowing as it got dark (then more snacks 🤣). It's like rowing your living room, but it is fairly energetic activity.

I sat port side stroke (in the barge there are two strokes, one on each side). Most of the club folks are good scullers (two oars per person) but don't have much sweep experience (one oar per person, so a bit different oar handling). My friend J. and I were stroke pair, because we've done so much more sweep than the others.

I took over the rudder for a short time, so the rudder woman could row a bit (she has major joint issues, upcoming surgery, so didn't want to row the whole time), so maybe only 5k for me.

For the amusement of people who understand rowing: When we were all rowing hard (9 people, 5 starboards, 4 ports), we were getting about 4:50 splits. When I took over the rudder, I called a power 10 - that got the pace down to around 4:30 per 500m. 🤣🤣🤣 This craft has no prow: It's just a big rectangle.

I didn't do a serious costume, just wore one of my old eccentric T-shirts some Boston rower friends had made up. Back says "RoHo", front says "Any Boat. Any Seat. Any Time." That, and my "Team Evil" cap, created by my first rowing coach, who was fondly (very fondly!) known as "Coach Evil".

A fine time was had by all.
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Spin class
  • MikePfirrman
    One of those days where you don't feel like working out. Wife wanted to go to a bar last night, on a whim after dinner, and it was close enough to the UofA that it was a nice mix of all ages. Band was amazing and we were up WAY past our normal bed times! Got to let my wife get that wild side out occasionally!

Did 6K this morning and 25 more minutes on the Assault Bike, all pretty easy recover pace.
  • Lietchi
    Spent the day prepping food for a dinner party tomorrow, so just a short workout today: 30 minutes on the Concept 2 - 5515m.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Had a nice day for a fall group ride, so 7 of us headed out this morning. Nobody in the group is race training currently, so it was an easy paced ride that included a few stops for pictures. We rode a 56 mile out and back route at just over 16mph. Climbing was modest at 2800 ft of elevation gain.

Colors were either at or just past their peak. We just won't get many more 65 degree days to ride this fall!

iscahrruo73a.jpg

• mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 523 Member
    Yard work and then a 5k to the lake and 1.5 mile walk back to the house…
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,958 Member
    7-8 am:
    Warm-Up
    Elliptical - 1mile (8m)

Strength, Flexibility, Balance & Mobility
    Yoga - (10m)

Conditioning
    Jumprope - (15m)

Mind
    Meditate (5m)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Stayed active all weekend doing chores around the house, baking stuff for Halloween (we had family over), running errands, etc.

Got up this morning and did a brisk 18.4 miles @ 13.4 mph avg. Will be doing upper body stuff later today.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I spent the weekend "dry" caving in the Medips in Somerset. It was really good fun - I ended up joining the caving club. We did a very small portion of Swildon's Hole on Saturday and a bit of GB on Sunday.

I was filled with energy on getting home, so went to my local climbing gym. I should have checked online - it was shut when I arrived. So I went for a walk instead.

I got a short 40 minute training climb on my home wall over lunch today.
  • MikePfirrman
    9K easy rowing today. Lovely day outside. Hand slowly feeling better.

Finally figured out how I hurt it. I was letting an irrigation contractor through my side and the gate was broken by the pool guys. Wasn't too upset as it's an old gate anyway and planned on replacing it. But the inside bracket is out of the wall and the whole thing fell in and I hammered it with my hand. At the time, didn't think much of it. Funny how you forget how you hurt yourself at times.
  • Lietchi
    Dinner party today (lunch actually) at our house with some friends and their two kids.
    We went for a walk together before dessert, 5,5km just before this downpour came along:
    5hjrba6knggj.jpg

To offset all that food (the highlights being meatloaf, gratin dauphinois and sticky toffee pudding) I did a 4km interval session this evening on the treadmill.