What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• swimmom_1
    swimmom_1 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    188 minutes on the elliptical for 14.25 miles, also some pushups and plank.
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    We did a 5 min emom (every minute on the minute) of 4 power snatches at a light weight, then 2 minutes rest, 5 min emom of 3 power snatches at a medium weight, 2 min rest, and another 5 min emom of 2 power snatches at a heavy weight. I actually stayed below 75% today because my hands are still bruised from yesterday's workout. Also my blisters are back.

Then we had to do 150 air squats and 75 push presses at a low weight, partitioned in any way, for time. For women the max weight was 20kg but I used an empty (15kg) bar. I actually used my brain on the partitioning and went with sets of 5 push presses and 10 air squats, 15 times. I usually get tired of push presses pretty quickly so I knew this was my best chance at a fast time. And it was!

Apparently we were supposed to aim for 6 minutes but the time cap was 12 minutes so I figured I'd just do my best and see what happens. I expected a 10 minute time. But when the guy next to me finished, it was only at the 6 min mark and I was already over 2/3 of the way through so I was doing sub 9 minutes no matter what. My time ended up being 7:45 and I am beyond pleased with it.
    The push presses were actually the easy part and my legs were feeling a bit sore even after 10 air aquats towards the end.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Not going in a good direction lately. Went to grab a closing door and ran a few steps to do it. Right quad/IT band seized up and down I went. Couldn't get up for a few minutes. Hurt like heck.

Looks like I'll need more focused rehab to get p. ast this issue. Stepping up to the start line on July 9th is becoming unlikely at this point. Getting old can be challenging. Ugh.

I'm sorry. That stinks! Beaming healing rays in your direction.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,294 Member
    Options
    Rowed the usual 7k-ish in bow of the quad again today, got more steps than usual by far because of multi-stop grocery shopping (farmers market, 3 stores), then went to help out with the learn-to-row class (in a steady slightly-too-cool rain). This is the smaller of the 2 classes, so I did a little boat carrying, but mostly just stood around and got wet. S'allright.

I'm at 10,933 steps so far today, which is practically unheard of for me on a day without an intentional walk. (4000-6000 is more normal at this time of year, 2000-4000 (maybe) in Winter). I don't generally go out of my way to pursue steps because I have crummy knees.
  • Bodenista
    Bodenista Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    There's a bus strike where I live at the moment so I did lots and lots of walking.
  • Bodenista
    Options
    I got out of the habit with Caroline so I started at the beginning again.

Caroline Girvan Iron Series - Day 1 Leg Workout with Dumbells.

35 minute walk at an average speed of 4.8kmph, a bit slower today after that leg workout and blisters.

Feeling great 😁
  • bojaantje3822
    bojaantje3822 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Some 3 weeks ago we did deadlifts building up to a new 1RM and at that time I did a brand new heavy 3RM and then my 1RM ended up being 10kg higher than my 3RM. Well, today we had 15 min to build up to a new 3RM and I improved mine by 5kg, so it's only 5kg lighter than my 1RM, which is now outdated obviously. Feels gooooood.

After that we did a version of death by calories. Max 5 rounds.
    10/8 cal ski
    11/9 cal row
    12/10 cal bike
    1 min rest. Each section takes 1 minute so if you can't do 8 cal on the ski machine within the minute you're out and your workout is done. After each round you add 2 cals. And there's 10 sec transition time between things, including between bike and rest and between rest and ski. The bigger number is for men, the smaller number for women. I fully expected to be able to finish 2 full rounds and 'die' somewhere in round 3 but I surprised myself and everyone else by surviving 3 full rounds, a 4th round on the ski machine and 12 more cals on the rower, earning me a 3rd place in our class of 8. The two winners finished the full 5 rounds. I am very happy with my results!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,180 Member
    Options
    jlhflex wrote: »
    Barbell Bench Press
    Set 6 : 315x5

Are you trying to make us lowly mortals feel bad? Yikes! My lifetime best is 285x1, and my current best is 250x1. Enjoy being young!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm chilling today. I was at a conference all week and averaging around 23K steps per day and also did some kayaking in my off-time in the evenings. Between that and a long travel day yesterday I'm pretty spent.
  • Bodenista
    Options
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Have been sick for a few days, so not much to report.

Yesterday, I was feeling better so jumped on the elliptical for a slow and steady 45 min. My HR was higher than usual for the slow pace. I followed with some easy strength training, just to get back in the habit.

I had plans to get up and walk early this morning (before the heat gets to level "melt your face off"), but I woke up with a migraine, so that's out. I guess I'm just not 100% yet. Maybe I'll feel better later and try for the elliptical again. Or, maybe I'll just take a nap.

Keep up the good work everyone. I enjoy reading about all of your fitness exploits. :)

Get well soon 🤗🤗
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    dralicephd wrote: »
    Have been sick for a few days, so not much to report.

Yesterday, I was feeling better so jumped on the elliptical for a slow and steady 45 min. My HR was higher than usual for the slow pace. I followed with some easy strength training, just to get back in the habit.

I had plans to get up and walk early this morning (before the heat gets to level "melt your face off"), but I woke up with a migraine, so that's out. I guess I'm just not 100% yet. Maybe I'll feel better later and try for the elliptical again. Or, maybe I'll just take a nap.

Keep up the good work everyone. I enjoy reading about all of your fitness exploits. :)

I felt bad on Monday, worse on Tuesday and then better by Wed night. Felt like I was fighting off Covid again! Guess already having it 3 times does build up your immunity!

Took Thursday off and then back on it today, just super easy cardio on the LateralX for 40 minutes. Feeling good at the moment.

All of my 3 dogs that had caught Kennel Cough are all better now, thank goodness. Despite having all of their shots, they caught it two weeks ago (from a grooming of all things) and were really sick for around 10 days. That was so draining that I'm sure it wore on my immune system and sleep. Hard when you hear your fur babies coughing and struggling to breathe all night long.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,298 Member
    Options
    Helped with an on-river litter pick-up today. The river was up, so the normal places that have camps were underwater. We did collect quite a few tents that were tangled up in the brush along the banks and some other weird stuff. I found another *kitten*. Yep. I found one on the last trip, too. Very weird. My friend found a nice bicycle multi-tool in good condition and a bag of cheap rope in decent condition. Also a "Pack and Play" crib, some tires, a bunch of empty pop bottles and beer cans, a couple butane bottles, some polystyrene, and some old, waterlogged errant float toys, one of which was full-up with ants.

I took a shower when I got home.