nossmf Posts: 9,008 Member
    Options
    Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 5x10
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x15 <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10

Tried swapping the squats 4x15 for 5x10 with heavier weights.
  • dejonny
    dejonny Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    7 mile run
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,085 Member
    Options
    Another Z2 stationary bike 10k+3', 93W average, 98% of the time Z2, nothing above. Slogging along!
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Ideally should've machine rowed, couldn't summon the energy. Therefore, another 10k + 3', 93% Z2, accidentally bumped up into Z3 for 13" near the end, otherwise below, 97W average. 19 of 25 days completed for Match Madness challenge so far. Rest day tomorrow.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited March 25
    Options
    Tuesday
    Swimming; 1km.

Wednesday
    Climbing.
    3.5 hours, decent session. I got almost all the v3s at the gym; and a couple of v4s.

Saturday
    Caving. A training session; I learned how to rig. It turns out 4 knots are sufficient (double figure 8; clove hitch; overhand and bowline on a bite.)

Sunday
    Caving. Sell Gill; I had a crack at rigging. It was good fun; I want to do more. 5 hour trip
  • nossmf
    Options
    Bench Press Test Day

Bench Press 5x1, 1, 1*, 1*, x*, 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine High Pull 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (Low, Cross, High)

After a thorough warmup, I started doing singles leading up to the big try. First star matched my lifetime 1RM from 10 years ago; second star added 10#, and the x* was when I tried another 10* and needed my spotter to get me unstuck at the lowest point, my personal nemesis. I was able to finish the lift alone, but without that low point I didn't count it as a good lift. Still, I call the day a success.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Same ol', repeated: 10k+3' stationary bike, 98W average, 93% Z2, remainder below.

@nossmf, congratulations on the new PR: Particularly sweet to PR beyond our younger selves!
  • drmwc
    edited March 26
    Options
    Monday
    Climbing. More strength training. It was fun. 2.5 hours.

There is a v5 I got to the penultimate move on. It may go eventually; it's max effort so I won't get many attempts per session, though.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Lower Power

Squat Test Day
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15

Success! Raised my lifetime squat PR. Fully expect this to be the last time I try it, though. My legs may have been able to go further, but my spine was not happy getting compressed.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Unsurprisingly, 10k+3' stationary bike. Almost impossible to stick in Z2 (96%), kept bumping up into Z3 even at low power (83W average). Gee, it's almost as if blue corn enchiladas and a margarita aren't good workout fuel. :D

21 of 25 days completed in the C2 Mud Season Madness challenge, need 4 more by end of month.
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Same deal, 10k+3' stationary bike, 93W average, 91% Z2, remainder mostly below, but I briefly spiked up into Z3 a couple of times when I wasn't paying close attention.

The good news is that I remembered I needed to get the workout in early, because I don't like to work out later in the day after my osteopath rearranges my skeleton. :D The bad news is that it worked out best to ride fasted soon after getting up. (I don't like fasted workouts. Short Z2 wasn't as unpleasant as longer or higher intensity, which is nice.)

Three more challenge days to go.
  • Pleurodelinae27
    Pleurodelinae27 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    lzsnklpmvtuo.jpeg

Strength training at the YMCA
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    Thursday: Still fighting fatigue, but slogging along. Another 10k+3' stationary bike, 98W average, 93% Z2 (only a 1" spike above, remainder below). Heart rate didn't want to come up into Z2 very quickly today; bodies are weird. Two more challenge days . . . .
  • nossmf
    Options
    Yesterday's upper-body lift session got preempted by a coworker's retirement party, today's leg day by Good Friday church service after work. Looking forward to a full-body workout tomorrow morning.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Full-Body

Squats 5x10
    Incline Bench Press 4x10
    BB Row 4x10
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    BB Curl 3x10

While I prefer my upper/lower splits, there was something to be said for the convenience of setting up at an adjustable squat rack and being able to get an entire workout done without ever having to change stations.
  • AnnPT77
    edited March 31
    Options
    Decided to bite the bullet and do a machine row today, some of it at higher intensity, as the last day of the March Madness challenge. Sequence was
    * 2k steady state at 2:28.9 pace/20spm,
    * 2' row out/in,
    * 1k (done as repeats of 20 strokes very hard, 6 strokes easy) at 2:20.4 pace/24spm,
    * 2' row out/in,
    * 3k steady state at 2:26.6 pace/20spm,
    * 3' cool down.

(I meant to do 2k rather than 3k on the last piece, but set the monitor wrong and went with it :D .) It looked like this (which I guess means I can still handle a fair amount of Z4 . . . but I admit it was tiring):

uw8vdljix3bm.png

It's amusing to me that the intervals, row out/in, and the cool down make themselves so obvious in heart rate. I hit a 2:09-2:10 pace a few times on the "20 hard" parts, which used to be my 2k race pace. Pretty sure I don't have a whole 2k at that pace anymore. :D

Yes, Z4 really starts at a mere 145bpm: I'm old. 220 minus age is 152bpm.

ETA: Forgot to report yesterday's workout, which was the standard 10k+3' stationary bike, 100W average, 95% Z2, remainder below (except a 5" spike into Z3 :D ). I got smart and got it in before heading out for an indulgent dinner (with adult bevs) while watching the college ice hockey playoffs. My team won. :)
  • drmwc
    Options
    I had a sedentary Easter; my Mum visited me. She's not hugely mobile at the moment. It was great seeing her.

I snuck in some exercise:

Friday
    Climbing, 2 hours. Decent, I got loads of v4s , (although this gym grades soft.)

Saturday
    Probably about 6 miles walk, and a short lifting session (squat, bench and deadlift).

Sunday
    7 miles walk.

Monday
    Climbing, 2 hours. Another decent session.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Power

Bench Press 5x3
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 5x5
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Standing Smith OHP 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    I had to fast most of the day today (upper GI scope late in the day), and I hate fasted workouts, so I decided to do a super-gentle fasted 63 minute stationary bike ride before the procedure. Ended up with 94W average.

It seemed like it took forever for heart rate to rise to the 120bpm area, even at normal-ish power. I'm wondering whether that's why fasted workouts feel so awful to me if I push harder.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec