Calorie Counter

Message Boards Food and Nutrition
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 853 Member Member Posts: 853 Member
    I like sweet potatoes but don't like sweet potato fries. I think they are a soggy, oveerly-oiled disaster

Truth. I love sweet potatoes, but my fries NEED to be crispy, and I've never had sweet potato fries that got there for me.

For me, the best way to eat a sweet potato is roasted until weeping, and then just eaten plain, skin and all.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,666 Member Member Posts: 4,666 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »
    I like sweet potatoes but don't like sweet potato fries. I think they are a soggy, oveerly-oiled disaster

Truth. I love sweet potatoes, but my fries NEED to be crispy, and I've never had sweet potato fries that got there for me.

For me, the best way to eat a sweet potato is roasted until weeping, and then just eaten plain, skin and all.

Sweet potatoes, grilled or over a camp fire. Game changer
  • ejbronteejbronte Member Posts: 853 Member Member Posts: 853 Member
    Finally! An incentive for this city dweller to go camping! With my nephew and plenty of sweet potatoes.
  • TonyB0588TonyB0588 Member Posts: 9,417 Member Member Posts: 9,417 Member

Overcooked potato and some people undercook meat!! My unpopular opinion is about that concept of beef rare or medium-rare. Absolutely no way for me.
  • pancakerunnerpancakerunner Member Posts: 4,666 Member Member Posts: 4,666 Member
    Finally! An incentive for this city dweller to go camping! With my nephew and plenty of sweet potatoes.

YES! Give it a try. perfect for fall. PLEASE
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,854 Member Member Posts: 7,854 Member
    zq66kpeii8yz.png

I would take this over most desserts any day!
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    zq66kpeii8yz.png

I would take this over most desserts any day!

With some whipped butter and sea salt. yess
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,310 Member Member Posts: 24,310 Member
    That sweet potato looks . . . amazing.
    Sweet potato casserole is actually good (as a dessert) .. kinda unpopular
  • SuzySunshine99SuzySunshine99 Member Posts: 1,886 Member Member Posts: 1,886 Member

Haha! I'll let you slide on the dessert thing...I do like sweet potato pie and sweet potato cookies.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not....

Marshmallows do not belong in savory dishes.

Haha! I'll let you slide on the dessert thing...I do like sweet potato pie and sweet potato cookies.

I'm not sure if this is unpopular or not....

Marshmallows do not belong in savory dishes.

THAT I can side with.
    Rice does not belong in burritos
  • MaggieGirl135MaggieGirl135 Member Posts: 278 Member Member Posts: 278 Member
    @pancakerunner. (How on earth do you make @ usernames in blue/hyperlink???). To grill the sweet potatoes, do you wrap them in foil tightly and for the whole time? How long would you guess for a typical/medium sized potato? Our grill is also a smoker, so I would guess at some point to unwrap them? Thanks, I am a newbie at grilling.
  • MaggieGirl135MaggieGirl135 Member Posts: 278 Member Member Posts: 278 Member
    Oh, wow! I did it (the blue). Huh.
    @pancakerunner. (How on earth do you make @ usernames in blue/hyperlink???). To grill the sweet potatoes, do you wrap them in foil tightly and for the whole time? How long would you guess for a typical/medium sized potato? Our grill is also a smoker, so I would guess at some point to unwrap them? Thanks, I am a newbie at grilling.

Wrap in tinfoil! Look up campfire sweet potatoes. A lot of recipes out there. Would work on the grill too I suppose 😍
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,128 Member Member Posts: 1,128 Member

Yes!! There are cakes, sweet potato cookies, biscuits from sweet potato. I would take a sweet potato with melted ( vegan) butter, whipped cream or marshmallow fluff, maple syrup, cinnamon- mmm

I love overcooked sweet potato to where its chewy. Slightly burnt popcorn in clumps- yum
    edited October 13
  • VegjoyPVegjoyP Member Posts: 1,128 Member Member Posts: 1,128 Member
    Christmas fruitcake- YUM! I don't eat it but love it. Now if I found a plant based gluten free fruitcake...
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 7,854 Member Member Posts: 7,854 Member
    yes...I'm feeling the yumminess vibe towards a 'good' Christmas fruitcake....I'm particular though - lots of dates/figs/prunes and various nuts and cherries - no orange or raisins/pineapple though lol!
  • spinnerdellspinnerdell Member Posts: 186 Member Member Posts: 186 Member
    I like fruitcake full of garish candied fruit and a good dose of booze.