Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm Disappointed

Replies

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited November 2018
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    Ha we are all confused. I count calories and pay attention to macros. Down 70ish pounds. Not kept, paleo, low carb

Apparently you have no consideration for your health and are doing it wrong. ;)

(well done, really!)
  • CindyJNC1963
    CindyJNC1963 Posts: 895 Member
    I am relatively new here (a month) and I generally just lurk on the forums. There are tons and tons of discussions on just about everything. I love the challenges because they help motivate me a month at a time. I also like the food and nutrition topic. It just takes awhile to figure out where everything is....and what you like. You continually learn new things if you keep reading. My weight loss is focused on low carbs and high protein as well as keeping my calories under 1350 calories per day. So far so good.
  • CindyJNC1963
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    You’re not supposed to be eating 500 calories below BMR, you’re supposed to be eating 500 calories below TDEE. Big difference.

What is TDEE?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    What is TDEE?

"Total daily energy expenditure," how many calories you use in a day total.
  • CindyJNC1963
    What is TDEE?

"Total daily energy expenditure," how many calories you use in a day total.

Ahhhh.....thanks.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    on my sedentary days, i do not feel starved on 1200 calorie days. i also almost always have ice cream every night.
    nonsedentary days i eat about 75% of my exercise calories back or all.
    mostly, except hormone induced, i don't feel hungry.
    i do not not eat any type of food unless i do not like the taste.
    down 20 so far.
    now i have to be good about using my scale. i'm very bad at it
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    I have the calorie consumption related to exercise set to zero since I am so sedentary. I know the meaning of TDEE but with zero activity, I think of this as BMR. Probably the same for me.

• collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    I have the calorie consumption related to exercise set to zero since I am so sedentary. I know the meaning of TDEE but with zero activity, I think of this as BMR. Probably the same for me.

If you're truly sedentary, your TDEE is likely in the ballpark of your BMR x 1.2 or 1.25.

If you want to discuss calorie counting, and be critical of those who you think don't, learning the basics early on may be helpful.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Use the search tool and search for “count “ and “log”.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    In the General Health, Fitness and Diet forum there is a sticky thread called Most Helpful Posts that lists out the (wait for it) most helpful posts by someone's definition.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-health-fitness-and-diet-must-reads#latest

Start reading there. It's a sticky for a reason.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    OP, it's very helpful to filter out chit chat and fun & games subforums from the recent discussions. Go to the main forums list page and click the gear icon next to the forums you don't wish to see. Check 'unfollow.' Then go to recent and under 'view' choose 'following.' This helps clean up some of the less pertinent topics if you're browsing by recent.

This. I filter out Recipes too, as it's not something I want to be reminded about. I go in there just when I'm specifically looking for something.

I spent a lot of time trying to learn how the forums and how the food log worked before passing judgment.

@kimny72 , I usually just a lurker here....is there really a way to filter? Or do you mean you just kind of bypass those forums? I would love to be able to filter these as well. (I just don't go into the ones I am not interested right now).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2018
    leonadixon wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    OP, it's very helpful to filter out chit chat and fun & games subforums from the recent discussions. Go to the main forums list page and click the gear icon next to the forums you don't wish to see. Check 'unfollow.' Then go to recent and under 'view' choose 'following.' This helps clean up some of the less pertinent topics if you're browsing by recent.

This. I filter out Recipes too, as it's not something I want to be reminded about. I go in there just when I'm specifically looking for something.

I spent a lot of time trying to learn how the forums and how the food log worked before passing judgment.

@kimny72 , I usually just a lurker here....is there really a way to filter? Or do you mean you just kind of bypass those forums? I would love to be able to filter these as well. (I just don't go into the ones I am not interested right now).

On the website, if you go to the forum home page, and you hover your mouse over each forum title, it will reveal a little gear wheel. Click it, and unfollow any forum you don't want to see in the Recent list.

Next, go to the Recent list. Next to the green Create button, just above the blue bar with the column titles, is the word "View" with a drop down. Choose "following". It should now only show you recent posts in the forums you didn't unfollow.

I don't remember if these settings carry over to the mobile app or if you have to redo it (and probably slightly differently) on the app. :drinker:

Edited to add: There is also a "View" drop down on the homepage where you can not see your unfollowed forums there too. I leave it on "All" though because sometimes I do want to go in there for some reason.