I'm Disappointed

Options
I'm new here and have no prior dieting experience. I picked this app because of my undertaking for calorie counting and limiting daily intake based on a conservative long term weight loss goal. The MFP database is clunky but ok I guess, but the community here does not seem even remotely interested in calorie counting. I see endless discussion of recipes most of which look horrible, and things like suggestions of how to squirt yogurt on a chocolate brownie or use cauliflower instead of bread, etc. All without any actual discussion of calories.

The closest thing I found was a discussion on whether to weigh shrimp tails or the oil the shrimp are cooked in.

Counting calories at the moment of consuming them, or immediately thereafter, is a training discipline to psychologically connect the weighing and counting with the food choice decision and thereafter results in better food choices. Doesn't anyone here care about that? I read for an hour last night and couldn't find a thing. What gives?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    I generally lurk around General / Food / Fitness and I see nothing BUT calorie counting discussions. If you're in chit chat or getting started or whatever you're gonna see a lot less focused nattering.

Yup, OP esp try General Health, Fitness and Diet.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Which threads at you reading? I see calorie discussion all over the place.
    Yeah, I’m wondering this as well. How very odd......

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited November 2018
    Options
    not sure what threads you are reading.

and i also rarely log at the time i eat. i pre-log my day for planning purposes. i may make modifications as needed when i do eat but generally pre-log daily so i know i will be on track or not. not sure how logging WHEN you eat is more or less helpful.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    There are dozens and dozens and dozens of threads, posts, mentions of the importance of calorie counting. What exactly are you looking for?
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Ha we are all confused. I count calories and pay attention to macros. Down 70ish pounds. Not kept, paleo, low carb