Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

I'm Disappointed

I'm new here and have no prior dieting experience. I picked this app because of my undertaking for calorie counting and limiting daily intake based on a conservative long term weight loss goal. The MFP database is clunky but ok I guess, but the community here does not seem even remotely interested in calorie counting. I see endless discussion of recipes most of which look horrible, and things like suggestions of how to squirt yogurt on a chocolate brownie or use cauliflower instead of bread, etc. All without any actual discussion of calories.

The closest thing I found was a discussion on whether to weigh shrimp tails or the oil the shrimp are cooked in.

Counting calories at the moment of consuming them, or immediately thereafter, is a training discipline to psychologically connect the weighing and counting with the food choice decision and thereafter results in better food choices. Doesn't anyone here care about that? I read for an hour last night and couldn't find a thing. What gives?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    I generally lurk around General / Food / Fitness and I see nothing BUT calorie counting discussions. If you're in chit chat or getting started or whatever you're gonna see a lot less focused nattering.

Yup, OP esp try General Health, Fitness and Diet.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Which threads at you reading? I see calorie discussion all over the place.
    Yeah, I’m wondering this as well. How very odd......

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited November 2018
    not sure what threads you are reading.

and i also rarely log at the time i eat. i pre-log my day for planning purposes. i may make modifications as needed when i do eat but generally pre-log daily so i know i will be on track or not. not sure how logging WHEN you eat is more or less helpful.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    There are dozens and dozens and dozens of threads, posts, mentions of the importance of calorie counting. What exactly are you looking for?
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Ha we are all confused. I count calories and pay attention to macros. Down 70ish pounds. Not kept, paleo, low carb