• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Love that, @Machka9 :heart:

jenilla1 wrote: »
    Orphia wrote: »
    Sleeping better this week. Yay!

Well, at least that makes one of us! :D

I'm having some anxiety lately, and that can pretty much take over my "whole-of-life" if I don't get it reined in before it becomes a habit. Therefore, my whole of life challenge for the rest of this month is to get myself back into a peaceful, more neutral state. It's a lot of work, but I know what I need to do and I'm gonna get it done!

This is me too, @jenilla1 for a few months. Apparently you have to be a crazy person to ask for a pay rise.

Decided this week to take 2 weeks leave from work. Haven't had more than 10 days off work in a row since 2004.

Have also opted out of two volunteer leadership roles for now.

Just wanting to participate, not direct.

Focusing on sustainability in health, exercise, and friendship, and doing more Art, and loving it.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,975 Member
    Options
    Relaxation - began reading mystery series!
    Exercise - Great!
    Creativity - Great!

Home - maintaining the neatness & improving a little here & there!

Work - Tackling my To Do’s consistently.

Eating in moderation - yes
    Learning - yes
    Life! - is awesome

My biggest issue atm is nighttime sleep.
  • healingnurtrer
    healingnurtrer Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Fun thread!
    Relaxation - Write in my bullet journal (doodles, ideas, plans, journal, etc.) also MFP

Exercise - Walks and posture exercises (neck, back and hips- routine I found on youtube)

Alcohol usage - None

Creativity - Piano practice

Home - It's a mess.... 3 kids- goal: pick-up and vacuum tomorrow

Work - currently a homeschooling SAHM

Eating in moderation - 4 weeks logging! Eating foods I enjoy close to my calorie goal daily.

Learning - get to learn a lot of fun stuff while homeschooling, got to practice my Spanish (second language) recently

Life! - Went a walk with DH tonight! Good for my soul!
  • Orphia
    Options
    Welcome, @healingnurtrer !

I may have started this thread doing All The Things. :smiley:

Relaxation - That's the plan.
    Exercise - Good.
    Alcohol usage - None.
    Creativity - Great.
    Home - Great.
    Work - On stress leave.
    Eating in moderation - Great.
    Learning - Great.
    Life! - Overall opinion from others is "very mindful".

Had a DXA scan a few weeks ago and got my results back.

One thing of note is my bone density is awesome. :smile:
    Body fat is at the 10th percentile for my age group;
    BMI is 22.1 which is mid-healthy and more muscle than average for that BMI.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options

Decided this week to take 2 weeks leave from work. Haven't had more than 10 days off work in a row since 2004.

I'm astounded by this, especially since I know you're in Australia! You've either been taking a lot of long weekends or you've got a massive amount of leave banked!

Time off work has always been very important to me, and it is one thing I've really missed over the past 18 months since my husband had his injury. I've only been able to take a week or 10 days off at a time, a couple times. Instead, I've been doing long weekends because there's been so much to do. Long weekends are nice, but they just aren't as satisfying as taking a full month or 6 weeks off.

• Orphia
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

I'm astounded by this, especially since I know you're in Australia! You've either been taking a lot of long weekends or you've got a massive amount of leave banked!

Time off work has always been very important to me, and it is one thing I've really missed over the past 18 months since my husband had his injury. I've only been able to take a week or 10 days off at a time, a couple times. Instead, I've been doing long weekends because there's been so much to do. Long weekends are nice, but they just aren't as satisfying as taking a full month or 6 weeks off.

I always have Fridays off.

I just only ever take the Mon-Thurs off which gives me 10 days.

• Machka9
    Options

Always having Fridays off would be really nice!! :) I'm so ready to go to a 4-day week.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options

Always having Fridays off would be really nice!! :) I'm so ready to go to a 4-day week.

The entire universe is ready for it!!!
  • Orphia
    Options
    What are you guys waiting for?

If you think less income is stopping you, I actually have more time to do meal-prepping for my work lunches, and more cleaning without hating it.

Even before getting fit, I rarely got sick.

I used to hate those seemingly-perfect *kitten* who do meal-prepping! :lol:

Let me talk you into it. :smile:
  • Machka9
    Options

If you think less income is stopping you ...

I think the main thing that's stopping me is the fact that my employer is generously giving me time to go to university despite my full workload.

When I graduate with my Master's, I'm thinking that might be the time to suggest I'd like to cut back to 4 days a week.

• Orphia
    Options

I think the main thing that's stopping me is the fact that my employer is generously giving me time to go to university despite my full workload.

When I graduate with my Master's, I'm thinking that might be the time to suggest I'd like to cut back to 4 days a week.

It won't hurt to discuss things now, so you know what you can expect.

As in, just ask if they prefer you to work full time and study (full/part time?) till then? And also, what do they prefer after?

Openness is so important.

• Machka9
    Options

As in, just ask if they prefer you to work full time and study (full/part time?) till then? And also, what do they prefer after?

I know what I'm allowed till I graduate. It's all in the policies ... and my agreement with my supervisor and manager. I've been working toward this Master's since 2015.

The earliest I might be able to graduate is December 2020, and I'm not holding my breath about that.

After I graduate ... others in the office have gone to 4-day weeks so I know it's a possibility. :) Up till today, there were 3 in my immediate group of 8 that worked 4-day weeks!! If they can do it ...

• Orphia
    Options

I know what I'm allowed till I graduate. It's all in the policies ... and my agreement with my supervisor and manager. I've been working toward this Master's since 2015.

The earliest I might be able to graduate is December 2020, and I'm not holding my breath about that.

After I graduate ... others in the office have gone to 4-day weeks so I know it's a possibility. :) Up till today, there were 3 in my immediate group of 8 that worked 4-day weeks!! If they can do it ...

That's not too bad, only a year or so. Time to plan well. You're so good at organisation and time-management.
  • Machka9
    Options

That's not too bad, only a year or so. Time to plan well. You're so good at organisation and time-management.

I've gone to a 9-day fortnight now! :) That Friday off every 2 weeks is wonderful!