Hope I didn't make a mistake

Options
13»

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    My understang of what you wrote:
    Nikki (oldest) and Tara are from your wife's first marriage. Tara is probably in an abusive relationship.
    Holland is from your wife's second marriage (to you)

Its a tough situation. I would be curious to know if the older girls father was abusive towards their mother (totally don't have to answer if you don't want, but patterns like that are common). Do the older girls have a relationship with their father still, is it a strong one?

I would guess that since she was younger Tara didn't handle or maybe didn't understand her parents divorce as well and harbors some resentment about her family splitting. You and Holland further "messed things up" in a way, hence the resentment towards Holland.

On the other hand, were Tara and Holland close before Sean joined the picture? If so, his driving a wedge there could be more evidence of an abusive relationship.

A few things to consider:
    1. (Don't know the circumstances of your wife's first marriage) From Tara's standpoint her mom might not be the "woman who sacrificed so much for her", she might be the "woman who broke up the family".
    2. It really might be in Hollands best interest to keep some space from Tara until Tara can get some stuff straitened out.
  • Nicksmom106
    Nicksmom106 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I imagine that you are concerned about the daughter, if the boyfriend is a bully. Hopefully he is not intimidating her, as well.

Exactly. I am very concerned. Tara has 2 daughters as well.

I hate guys like Tara's boyfriend, married one, and I think you may want to keep a very close eye on her....maybe you and your biker buddies pay him a visit....no no!...I'm sorry its just giving me the jitters thinking about it....my husband tried to alienate my family from me.!!make it an is against the world kind of thing ....I wanted nothing to do with that and fought him tooth and nail and it's one of the many reasons we separated, sort of peacefully because of Nick, but still not easy.

If Tara is under his influence he's the reason.....she basically had to agree or its more trouble when they are alone. Believe me It know....broken doors, tables tipped over with dinner and dishes going everywhere because I didn't agree with his views of my family. I'm not an expert but I know the signs and to be on his good side she will go against her sister etc...she's probably not even aware she's doing it....they manipulate so well...bullies suck at any age but the older ones with your daughter and her little girls are the ones you must watch my friend....wish my dad was alive....it would have never happened then.🤷.

I hope I'm dead wrong! Hugs and sorry to make thing worse...but just needed to tell you as my spidey senses are on high alert!❤