Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

What commonly given MFP Forum advice do you personally disagree with?

Options

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    i'll eat carrots if you give me some ranch dip or hummus
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    urloved33 wrote: »
    a calorie is a calorie is a calorie - and they all have the same value.

A calorie does have the same caloric value as another calorie. How could it not?

I don't think I need to answer to you ABOUT WHAT ADVICE I PERSONALLY DONT AGREE WITH - GO EAT A BOWL OF CARROTS OR A BOWL OF ICE CREAM - YOUR CHOICE.

It's the Debate forum. We're debating.

As for carrots or ice cream...

More like an everyone must comply, hold hands and sing Kumbya together forum.

When is the last time you took a diet break? You seem a bit hangry.

kry6b3wcfzcu.gif

I eat what i want on the weekends, no need for a diet brake, that's for the weak minded.

Love this--a diet brake. It describes it so much better than diet break. <3;)
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    a calorie is a calorie is a calorie - and they all have the same value.

A calorie does have the same caloric value as another calorie. How could it not?

I don't think I need to answer to you ABOUT WHAT ADVICE I PERSONALLY DONT AGREE WITH - GO EAT A BOWL OF CARROTS OR A BOWL OF ICE CREAM - YOUR CHOICE.

Have you met Bob?

Is Bob "Shouty guy"? I miss him, maybe someone will take his place. ;)
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Nutrition/fitness/weight loss.

I can truly understand why to someone who is new to posting on the forum, that some replies or statements come across as very harsh or disbelieving. Some but not all of the seasoned posters come across pretty heavy handed, which can turn people off. Their answers still can be rock solid, but it is often how something may come across.
    But some of the questions about certain diets or way to do things are asked over and over just by different people.

What I see the most is people who are not willing to consider other peoples ideas may have value.

This is totally what bugs me. I don't see bad advice specifically but there seem to be a few select individuals who seem to go through the boards looking for something to jump on and argue with. I come here to be encouraged and to encourage others if at all possible. I have gotten so much good from many on these boards and will be forever grateful to those who helped me attain my goals. I just want to pass it on where I can. Those who come across hard and heavy may possibly scare away the newbies who might have been helped. Having said all that I will say that I understand the longer you are on here the more frustrating it is to see the same silly ideas quoted so I do understand to a point why there are those that get frustrated.