14567810»

Replies

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I wish I knew why

Me too.
    I thought the little stuffed peas were cute. But apparently I've offended more than one snowflake.
    *shrug*

Ahh Dude, you hit it on the nose
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I wish I knew why

Me too.
    I thought the little stuffed peas were cute. But apparently I've offended more than one snowflake.
    *shrug*

Ahh Dude, you hit it on the nose

The dumbest *kitten* gets woo'd on here.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    What happened to the say it without saying it thread...?

same thing that happens to everything in the end man

I guess the bigger mystery is... Htf did it survive so long

for me, it's "should it have survived so long" to begin with. too many times it brought out the absolute worst in people.

tbf though there's gonna end up being at least 3 new "vague" threads by the days end im sure

That’s a question I fight with on a continuous basis because my love/hate relationship with the thread.

I believe it all comes down to intentions of the poster and the conscious of the reader.

I definitely agree though, that it’s a toxic thread for the most part because it plays way too much on people’s emotions and insecurities.

At the same time though, I grew a lot from that thread within the last year. Ultimately the things that spoke out to me, I realize were my own insecurities and weaknesses within my character that needed improvement.

I notice the correlation between my increased confidence within myself and being less affected by what others have to say. I would go as far as to say that this place and that thread helped me to become a better person.

Ultimately it’s all about perspective.

I think this is a big part of it. Almost any vague statement can be applied to 1000 different situations. I could say "You really shouldn't behave like that" and be talking about my cat and 40 people here get offended by it because there is something in their life making them feel guilty or shameful about some behavior. People twist a lot of things to make it apply to themselves and I think that is completely on them and does indicate that maybe they aren't so happy with themselves for one reason or another

this is very true- but you gotta keep it 100 and admit that sometimes people *do* put vague posts out there to specifically target other users.

that's okay too- that's valid.
    it may not be "right". i'm not the one to make the call on what's "right". but it's at least natural for people to do that sort of thing.

because a site like this, more than others imo, has a lot of stressed people on it.
    you gotta treat it like a boiler and let off some of the steam every once in a while or the whole thing just blows up.

only problem i really see with it is when we got like 5 separate vague threads (and who knows how many that've already been cancelled) floating around with different names and they all end up turning to some kind of negativity when people get mad at each other over whatever.
    at that point, it ain't a boiler letting off steam no more, it's more like a boat with a bunch of leaks in it.

that's not super healthy in the long run and it gets worse when people don't realize that, sometimes, they should just step away for a bit for themselves, instead of giving in to drama and making themselves carry more weight they ought to be trying to lose.

Oh, I definitely agree with you. Not everything that is said is directed at one person though and sometimes not even someone here. I always assumed a huge chunk of the posts were just people messing around saying something that they knew would rile up a bunch of people.