Options
124»

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    A tasting of vinegars at a vinegar bar?

Oh dear.

I get that some people truly enjoy the stuff, but I won't pretend that the enjoyment of vinegar is anything I can understand.

I feel the same about Olive Oil samples. Not a lot of point in tasting olive oil by itself, 'm more interested in it's impact on the food I'm eating. But they exist.

Huh. Google suggests the one closest to me is both oil & vinegar.

I think I'd rather have a root canal.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    A tasting of vinegars at a vinegar bar?

Oh dear.

I get that some people truly enjoy the stuff, but I won't pretend that the enjoyment of vinegar is anything I can understand.

I feel the same about Olive Oil samples. Not a lot of point in tasting olive oil by itself, 'm more interested in it's impact on the food I'm eating. But they exist.

Huh. Google suggests the one closest to me is both oil & vinegar.

Every time I've been at one they have bread you can dip into the oil and vinegar. I enjoy it, but I'm a fan of both vinegar and olive oil.

Okay, the bread dipping into it makes it less gross sounding than just swigging down some oil or vinegar.

But oh dear, oh me, whatever will I do? Bread. Looks like I can never experience these tastings. I guess more for the rest of you. Somehow, I will endure and go on from this. ;)

Edit: I do really like olive oil. On things. Like baked potatoes. Or greens. I'd probably even like bread dipped in it. But not gluten free bread because gluten free bread is gross.