Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• chrisobrien998
    chrisobrien998 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I was a member for a long time, but now back at it again. I am passionate about diet and exercise, by profession I am a pharmacist. In my free time I run a youtube channel, making relaxing sounds for sleep, exercise and other things. My goal is to be healthy and to help other people achieve the same! here is a video if you want to see my work! https://youtu.be/tsyJuspFMOw
  • Jynx09
    Jynx09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I thought I had an account but apparently not, so hello again!! I was getting my steps in with my FitBit with no problem but not recording what I ate so here I am. :)
  • Laticak
    Laticak Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im a 23yo student for croatia looking for an acc/support buddy. Msg me if you want to buddy-up (:
  • profsg
    profsg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I've been on and off MFP for a long time. I don't have a huge weight loss goal. Honestly, I just want to more consistently make better dietary choices and have always had a hard time committing. I believe eating wholesome meals will help with my mental health, my focus and memory, and will help me have a better overall quality of life. I know we don't live forever, but while I'm still alive, I want to be healthy enough to do all the things I love, so here we go. This is like my 10th time trying to improve my diet, so I'm determined to really do it this time.
  • jessica2021624
    jessica2021624 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    profsg wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I've been on and off MFP for a long time. I don't have a huge weight loss goal. Honestly, I just want to more consistently make better dietary choices and have always had a hard time committing. I believe eating wholesome meals will help with my mental health, my focus and memory, and will help me have a better overall quality of life. I know we don't live forever, but while I'm still alive, I want to be healthy enough to do all the things I love, so here we go. This is like my 10th time trying to improve my diet, so I'm determined to really do it this time.

Hi! I’m right there with ya! I’ve been on MFP on and off and decided to start fresh and create a new account. Do you find that MFP seems a lot easier to use than it was a year ago?

I’m here to track my food choices and activity, and to meet people who want to focus and improve their health too. My general goal is to increase energy and functional strength and build a stronger relationship with my body and food. :)
  • alblack324
    alblack324 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just started with MFP today. I am making the jump from years on SparkPeople.com because I feel this nutrition tracker will better suit my needs for tracking macros & other aspects of the foods I consume. I have a lot of weight to lose and have made good progress by getting back into logging my food and being consistent with exercise. My doctor has been pleased so far (and I think a little bit amazed) at what I have been able to do in the last two months. She wanted me to start on medication for a newly diagnosed chronic disease but I asked to try turning it around with nutrition & exercise and so far it is working.

I have a question. Are we able to sync a fitbit with MFP? I have not been able to figure that our yet. I am using the free version of MFP.
  • Mosaic11
    Mosaic11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi.
    I'm at my wit's end. I'm overweight, but under-eat, and have mutltiple medical issues that make food a nightmare. Need to lose weight, but struggling to eat enough. I figure the daily food diary will be a good visual reminder of where I'm at. Lots of food restrictions for diabetes, kidney disease, and gout.
  • Kateljm
    Kateljm Posts: 1,612 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Switching from SP, I have never participated in any groups on MFP before. I'm here for the 5% Challenges.
  • N0easyway0ut
    N0easyway0ut Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Back after about a month off for personal reasons. Looking to get back on track to get in shape before the end of the year. feel free to add me. :)
  • PCGull
    PCGull Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have been using MFP since March, but only now looking to join the community. I wasn't convinced that I would be able to stick to my targets as I've tried to lose weight many times over the years and never managed to make it. So far so good though and in the last 5 months I have managed to lose 51lbs. I have set an arbitrary target of losing 100lbs so I'm about half way.
  • LainiesNewLife
    LainiesNewLife Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I just started on this site today. I was on Spark People for 14 years and 11 months. I've lost 100 lbs, but still have a lot to go. I'm looking to connect with some of my Spark friends as well as meeting new friends. I'm diabetic and I'm a cancer survivor. I no longer do fad diets. I yo-yo'd for years because of fad diets. Now, I'm working on healthy eating and exercise. I eat whatever I want, as long as I do portion control. That's what helped me lose the first 100 lbs.
  • sandyleesee
    sandyleesee Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Back again to the MFP after taking a break for a few years. Absolutely loving all the changes and new content, excited to get back into it and achieve some goals ❤️
  • hicim705
    hicim705 Posts: 5,220 Member
    edited August 2021
    Options
    Started here a few weeks ago and need to understand how this site works. Over 300 SparkPeople have joined the Fall 5% Challenge that we hope to execute here. . .would love to know if I can send group e-mails (as a Challenge Leader) and/or if there is a limit to the number of people that I can send to at once.
  • DawnGW26
    DawnGW26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I was tracking regularly on SparkPeople and now that the site is closed as of today, I want to keep tracking my exercise goals. I did start MFP a little while back but never really took it seriously, well now I am a newbie and will be here most of the time. Just saying hello!
  • fiatshy35
    fiatshy35 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this calorie counting, my Slimming World subscription ran out a few days ago. On recommendation I thought I would give this calorie counting ago. I am on my second day and I am finding it really easy. I currently weigh 21st 8lbs and would love to get to 12st. I eat mainly plant based with little meat in my diet. I love how no food is off limit.
  • ZenMama_A
    ZenMama_A Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    alblack324 wrote: »
    I have a question. Are we able to sync a fitbit with MFP? I have not been able to figure that our yet. I am using the free version of MFP.

I am new to MFP and on the free app as well. If you go to "Me" at the bottom right, bottom of that page there is the option to connect apps & devices. Hope this Helps!
  • Kabootom
    Kabootom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    ZenMama_A wrote: »
    alblack324 wrote: »

I am new to MFP and on the free app as well. If you go to "Me" at the bottom right, bottom of that page there is the option to connect apps & devices. Hope this Helps!

That's the way building a healthy conversation, looks really nice when someone helps others!
  • 7KathyAnn
    7KathyAnn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    About me: Christian mom of 5, and 1 "furbaby", about the size of a miniature pony. My goal is to transform my heart, mind AND body into a strong 💪, confident women of Faith, Hope, Love.❤️✝️