Weight transformation programme when you think your life’s over

Options

Replies

• BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    What you are doing really doesn't seem healthy...
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I dont know about this bro.... i know everyone is different however, i have heard that the benefits of long term fasting diminish after 48 hours.. Be careful please. We dont want to lose you....🌈
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    No wonder you almost fainted. Please tell me you don't drive when you are in this kind of state passing out behind the wheel does not bear thinking about. Why would you do that to yourself?

Your body can put up with being deprived for a while by using keytones for energy but your brain can't and after a certain amount of time your brain becomes impaired and starts breaking down proteins from your muscles and organs to fuel itself. Your heart is a muscle so worth thinking about what is actually happening to your body when you put so much stress on it.

You can lose weight without starving yourself for days on end. You need to have fuel in your tank if you are working out and nutrients in your body to be healthy and have good cognitive abilities.

I hope you are not going to keep doing this to yourself.
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Dontletitbeatyou2018 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    What you are doing really doesn't seem healthy...
    I know I’m just having a hard time mentally to with still dealing with the rejection and emotional trauma the second time round it’s effecting me and my relationship with food

• Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    I dont know about this bro.... i know everyone is different however, i have heard that the benefits of long term fasting diminish after 48 hours.. Be careful please. We dont want to lose you....🌈

I know it’s not healthy but I’m clearly effected by what’s happend in my past relationship and almost punishing my body for it. Your right too after 48 hours weight loss benefits do decrease, I’ve had dark thoughts but I’m hoping I can get through this awful period of my life
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    No wonder you almost fainted. Please tell me you don't drive when you are in this kind of state passing out behind the wheel does not bear thinking about. Why would you do that to yourself?

Your body can put up with being deprived for a while by using keytones for energy but your brain can't and after a certain amount of time your brain becomes impaired and starts breaking down proteins from your muscles and organs to fuel itself. Your heart is a muscle so worth thinking about what is actually happening to your body when you put so much stress on it.

You can lose weight without starving yourself for days on end. You need to have fuel in your tank if you are working out and nutrients in your body to be healthy and have good cognitive abilities.

It’s hard to explain but as I said before it links to the recent break up of nearly 7 years I’m in a dark place and and torturing myself and my mind over it blaming food for what happend which isn’t healthy going forward.

I know I do worry what if u just don’t wake up one morning and my body shuts down is that possible or just random cases where that has happend ?

I do hope to change this method to something more sustainable and gain a healthy relationship with food something a councilor can hopefully help with at the same time as the emotional trauma and co dependency issues that I’m clearly been effected from , I can’t go on like this every day is a struggle
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can seek some professional help to assist you with your loss which I do understand can affect eating habits. It will definitely take some time. But know that we are looking out for you. Primarily, you need to learn to love yourself and this will help you treat your body right....☺
  • GettingOld68
    GettingOld68 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Please look for professional help now. If there is a crisis hotline in your area, look up the number, call it, and tell them what you are going through. If there isn't such a hotline, please see your physician to get a referral to a therapist, if such a referral is required. No one wants you to struggle with dark thoughts, as you put it. You can and will get through this, and you need not - and should not - go it alone. Weight loss is not where you should put your effort right now, I think. It sounds like you're really, really sad and that needs to get sorted first.
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    sb6frqxuh2ox.jpeg

🙏🏼
  • manderson27
    Options

It’s hard to explain but as I said before it links to the recent break up of nearly 7 years I’m in a dark place and and torturing myself and my mind over it blaming food for what happend which isn’t healthy going forward.

I know I do worry what if u just don’t wake up one morning and my body shuts down is that possible or just random cases where that has happend ?

I do hope to change this method to something more sustainable and gain a healthy relationship with food something a councilor can hopefully help with at the same time as the emotional trauma and co dependency issues that I’m clearly been effected from , I can’t go on like this every day is a struggle

I don't know what happened in your relationship but punishing yourself by denying yourself food is not going to make anything better.

Losing weight in a healthy sustainable way and throwing in some exercise will. You will look better, feel healthier, get stronger both mentally and physically. And that will make it easier to cope with any other issues resulting from the breakup.

Could your body just pack up on you? Yes it is possible if you keep starving it like that. There is no predicting how your body will react to the lack of nutrition.

Please get some professional help with this. We all deal with heartbreak in different ways and often the one way that we forget to use is kindness. Be kinder to yourself. It is not your fault. You deserve to feel better. You are a good person in a hard place right now but it will get better. So please stop punishing yourself over this.
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    Need help guys !!!!

Been to the gym every day per week but eaten awfully at night when I should be fasting or just having a shake, had 3 take outs this week really not good as I know come weigh in I’m going to be so disappointed, not sure what’s happend to my will power this week !!!!? 😫
  • manderson27
    Options
    We have addressed this in the previous posts you have had good advice but you dont appear to be taking it in. It's because you are starving yourself. You need to fuel your excercise. Please just eat regular meals with good nutrition. You are hungry that is why you are eating awfully at night. You also need rest days so your body can recover. You are risking your health with the way you are dealing with your diet and excercise regime.
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    Only one pound down this week but that’s from emotional eating, got to claw it back when you know the facts, let’s do this
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    k0dkg9do2ba4.jpeg
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    Hi everyone for anyone whose suffering with depression or anxiety/trauma and turning to food for emotional eating I understand your pain and struggle.

But please reach out I’ve overcome these hurdles and have some good positive tactics to try and get you back on the wagon when we complete fall off. One of the biggest things for me is the whole theory oh I’ve eaten bad for 4 days I may as well carry on going, no no no you should not and get back doing your exercise because you know the post work out feeling is better than any junk food releasing 5 minutes worth of dopemine. 🙏🏼👌🏼💪🏼🌞
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    ajck3fcmaeih.jpeg
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    Come on 150 so close
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    If anybody is struggling drop me a pm happy help anyone struggling ! 🔥👌🏼
  • Dontletitbeatyou2018
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!