crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    crampus1 wrote: »
    This closing of threads stuff is so very.

(That means it is bad)

Sometimes it just cannot be helped. Once the reports start going in fast and furious? The Mods have no choice BUT to act. The balance will always be heavy toward the banal. Millions of people around the world use the site. Thousands and thousands AROUND THE WORLD use the forums. A few manage to skate on the edges of the rules and slide over the line now and again.

A vocal minority will always hold more sway than a few witty joculariasts. The site is useless if it gets on the wrong side of internet censors. And that is a LOT easier than it might seem. And pretty difficult to rectify once it happens. Thus has it ever been.

Call them fun suckers, prudes, whatever. They don’t answer to jokesters like us. They don’t answer to the minority. Their job is to keep MFP accessible to the majority. Always will be.

This is neither a suggestion nor a complaint. It is a statement of fact. YOURE FIRED.

Just because it’s a fact doesn’t mean I can’t complain about it. Now fetch my steed, my lovely lady Sancho Panza!

Sorry, Don. We are more like Ken and Barbie. You are actually kinda like Skipper.

As you wish, li’l buddy.

bosy1.gif

Well I just happen to be wearing a coconut bra so this is actually pretty accurate.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

(That means it is bad)

Sometimes it just cannot be helped. Once the reports start going in fast and furious? The Mods have no choice BUT to act. The balance will always be heavy toward the banal. Millions of people around the world use the site. Thousands and thousands AROUND THE WORLD use the forums. A few manage to skate on the edges of the rules and slide over the line now and again.

A vocal minority will always hold more sway than a few witty joculariasts. The site is useless if it gets on the wrong side of internet censors. And that is a LOT easier than it might seem. And pretty difficult to rectify once it happens. Thus has it ever been.

Call them fun suckers, prudes, whatever. They don’t answer to jokesters like us. They don’t answer to the minority. Their job is to keep MFP accessible to the majority. Always will be.

This is neither a suggestion nor a complaint. It is a statement of fact. YOURE FIRED.

Just because it’s a fact doesn’t mean I can’t complain about it. Now fetch my steed, my lovely lady Sancho Panza!

Sorry, Don. We are more like Ken and Barbie. You are actually kinda like Skipper.

As you wish, li’l buddy.

bosy1.gif

Well I just happen to be wearing a coconut bra so this is actually pretty accurate.

I know. I saw.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

(That means it is bad)

As you wish, li’l buddy.

bosy1.gif

I told you the coconut bra was for The Christmas play. Now it's covered in bewb sweat. Sweet baby J ain't gonna be happy come play night.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You can have a differing opinion from someone without being a complete arsehole to them.

Whaaaat????? Since when?
  • kds10
    kds10 Posts: 452 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    If you tell us we will be eating at 6, don’t be cooking the food until 8.

This^^ we went to SIL for "lunch" get to her place and she is like I was thinking we could eat around four. .
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Please quit stocking the vending machine with Sun Chips and Nutri-Grain bars. Can a brother get a moon pie up in here? Damn.

What's your feelings about vegie straws?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I’d like to suggest mfp reward good posters with little palm trees over their avatars so we can pretend we’ve won a vacation.

Hmmm. Define "good" posters.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I would like an owl, penguin and parrot emoji please.
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I would like an owl, penguin and parrot emoji please.

I definitely second this sentiment
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Yes, we know. MFP's Chit Chat milieu is a second chance for some people who didn't get an invite to join the popular gang in high school so they're making up for lost time by recreating some warped version of that petty kitten that was a waste of time even in the day. But keep your mean spirited manure on your walls and your PMs, mkay?

Manure is actually pretty darn good stuff. Best gardens I ever had was when we had horses and a manure pile in the back.

Plus it’s fun to say manure. Sometimes to be fancy I pronounce it man-oo-Ray. I suggest everyone do that.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    If someone posts a question about a product on Amazon, and you don't have the answer to the question, you can just move on without responding. I can't imagine why people do this:

au5m0ojjm9q2.jpg

because amazon marketing/devs solicited answers by emailing people who bought the product like they’re taking a survey then auto populates the response, super counterintuitive for people less computer savvy (like older folks) and it resulted in stupid/unhelpful responses

Whoa. The "sorry, I don't know the answer" answers always made me irrationally angry but I just got my first email with that "survey".

It still makes me irrationally angry. :)
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I want an elephant and dolphin emoji too.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    You can have a differing opinion from someone without being a complete arsehole to them.

This all depends on perspective, I guess. I find some people don’t care about the point and simply enjoy being argumentative.

Oh for sure, there is always someone who enjoys playing devils advocate or giving their two cents just for the sake of it.

Me 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Get rid of the Inspiring button and bring back Awesome. Replace Woo with an Eye Roll one.

Nah... Like makes Awesome redundant

I like inspiring, It doesn't work so well in chit-chat but in the other 90%, it's needed

What we need is an LOL button
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    DemSwells wrote: »
    We need more cowbell round here.

You really do like that guy don't you lol