Boob job?

Options

Replies

• lovelyx091
    lovelyx091 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Personally i would say No. I once wanted a boob job when i was younger ( i was a A cup until I fell pregnant) but as I have grown olderI have drastically changed my mind. For one thing if you wish to have kids one day you wont be able to breastfeed, and can take away sensation (erotically) in your nipples.

That's also a main concern. The breast feeding. I wasn't breast fed (I rejected it) and I grew up constantly having ear infections.

It's a lot to think about, and I just had to ask for opinions because I know there's many :) in the end I'm going to have to see how I feel after reaching my UGW. If anything I can have them done after having children. Though I'm sure by then my breasts will be the least of my worries :laugh:
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Do what's right for you. Instead of throwing the topic out to people on MFP try to find a forum where women have gotten the procedure done already and see how they feel about it months and years later. Make a list of your personal pros and cons. ie. Do you want to breast feed one day? (con) Is this the image of your ideal body? (pro) are you doing it for a boyfriend who made a remark about your size? (con) Will it give you confidence? (pro). The list goes on and then you can make a good decision. Search for people who love their work and people who regret it and see if you can relate to any of them.
  • lovelyx091
    Options
    Do what's right for you. Instead of throwing the topic out to people on MFP try to find a forum where women have gotten the procedure done already and see how they feel about it months and years later. Make a list of your personal pros and cons. ie. Do you want to breast feed one day? (con) Is this the image of your ideal body? (pro) are you doing it for a boyfriend who made a remark about your size? (con) Will it give you confidence? (pro). The list goes on and then you can make a good decision. Search for people who love their work and people who regret it and see if you can relate to any of them.

Thank you, I will research more with time. I was curious if there was anyone here who wouldn't mind sharing. It's so much to consider, it definitely won't be a spontaneous thing. I tend to do a lot of research on things before I do them.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Not for me.
    Here is a recent thread which you may find interesting.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1070259-men-does-chest-size-matter?hl=does+chest+size+matter
    Lots of input from the male perspective on this subject, if that matters to you.
  • amluvstld
    amluvstld Posts: 212
    Options
    Depends for me! I am a large chested girl(38DD), BUT my boobs seems to be getting smaller! I guess they are gonna be the first thing to go and I am worried that once I real my goal weight, I won't have any boobs left! If I am anything smaller than a 36C I will be considering getting some implants

36DD here and I feel the same way!! I can already tell I'm losing some of the cleavage. Nooooo!!!
  • lovelyx091
    Options
    People always want what they don't have - girls with small boobs want them big and girls with big boobs want them small, thats just the way of the world!! :tongue:

Deffs wait until you've reached your goal weight and maintained it for a while to see what boobs you get dealt :) It may be that where you lose weight from the rest of you your band may decrease but the amount of breast tissue remain the same and effectively you gain a cup size. For example you may go from a 38B ( I don't know how big you are sorry!!!) to a 32DD. I've seen it happen!!

Personally I would discourage you from going too big if you do get a boob job. I'm a 30H (natural) and these things are a bloomin' occupational hazard :laugh:

38B is correct, haha you're great at guessing! Very true though, I have curly hair but wish it was straight. Girls with straight hair want my curly hair. We should just be happy with what we have but sometimes it's haaaaaard :sad:
  • MinMin97
    Options
    You could try herbal formulations for breast enhancement while you are thinking about surgery. Use a formula after you have finished reducing bodyfat, as putting on breast tissue, and losing bodyfat are opposite efforts. BTW the herbs do work, as I have used them myself. They are also very tonic to the female system, generally. They only add weight to the breast tissue. I (re)gained 2 breast sizes using them.
  • amluvstld
    Options
    You could try herbal formulations for breast enhancement while you are thinking about surgery. Use a formula after you have finished reducing bodyfat, as putting on breast tissue, and losing bodyfat are opposite efforts. BTW the herbs do work, as I have used them myself. They are also very tonic to the female system, generally. They only add weight to the breast tissue. I (re)gained 2 breast sizes using them.

Really? I'll need to google that. What brand are you using?
  • emmalzthompson
    Options
    Personally i would say No. I once wanted a boob job when i was younger ( i was a A cup until I fell pregnant) but as I have grown olderI have drastically changed my mind. For one thing if you wish to have kids one day you wont be able to breastfeed, and can take away sensation (erotically) in your nipples.

That's also a main concern. The breast feeding. I wasn't breast fed (I rejected it) and I grew up constantly having ear infections.

It's a lot to think about, and I just had to ask for opinions because I know there's many :) in the end I'm going to have to see how I feel after reaching my UGW. If anything I can have them done after having children. Though I'm sure by then my breasts will be the least of my worries :laugh:

Exactly, my guessing is you will be so stoked and feeling fab about reaching ultimate goal weight and looking and feeling fabulous, you wont care too much about the size of your breasts :) And yes I think that is wise and when older and had your chilldren and you still feel like you want bigger boobs then go for it :D That is my opinion anyway :) x
  • georgieb23
    georgieb23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    People always want what they don't have - girls with small boobs want them big and girls with big boobs want them small, thats just the way of the world!! :tongue:

Deffs wait until you've reached your goal weight and maintained it for a while to see what boobs you get dealt :) It may be that where you lose weight from the rest of you your band may decrease but the amount of breast tissue remain the same and effectively you gain a cup size. For example you may go from a 38B ( I don't know how big you are sorry!!!) to a 32DD. I've seen it happen!!

Personally I would discourage you from going too big if you do get a boob job. I'm a 30H (natural) and these things are a bloomin' occupational hazard :laugh:

38B is correct, haha you're great at guessing! Very true though, I have curly hair but wish it was straight. Girls with straight hair want my curly hair. We should just be happy with what we have but sometimes it's haaaaaard :sad:

Bra size guessing is my party trick :wink:

And yup, but we're only truly happy if we have something to complain about so will always want something different. :ohwell:
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Not so much a boob job because the last time I lost a lot of weight I dont think I lost anything off my boobs. Lost it from around my ribs so the difference between the band and my boobs was bigger so had to go up a cup size or 2. BUT I wouldnt mind a lift, and while Im at it get a tummy tuck as well as I dread to think what my stomach will look like at GW after being overweight/obese my whole life and having a child (I'll prob be tucking it into my socks!!! :laugh: )
  • Serah75
    Serah75 Posts: 16
    Options
    I have them. I got 500cc's in nov 06. Had 2 more children. I wish I went a little smaller, that is the only thing I regret. ????
  • MinMin97
    Options

Really. There is a site that describes a number of brands, but I after a while I figured out I think it's all from the same company (whatever!). Anyway, they all look the same. top10herbal.com
    With taking herbs, it's like other things, it's about compliance. So consider the most important factors, and whether or not you can follow through: 1. You are not on a fat-loss diet 2. you don't mind taking 3 capsules per day 3. you can take them for 2-3 months steadily.
  • amluvstld
    Options

Really. There is a site that describes a number of brands, but I after a while I figured out I think it's all from the same company (whatever!). Anyway, they all look the same. top10herbal.com
    With taking herbs, it's like other things, it's about compliance. So consider the most important factors, and whether or not you can follow through: 1. You are not on a fat-loss diet 2. you don't mind taking 3 capsules per day 3. you can take them for 2-3 months steadily.

Thanks! I'll research it. I'm still in fat loss mode, we shall see! :wink:
  • rcclcruiser
    rcclcruiser Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Why do you want one? To please a man? Men don't like anything fake. Be thankful for what you have and focus on others. There are poor children starving in other countries that don't know where their next meal is coming from. Give the money to them and you will be happier. Happiness comes from serving others. Depression comes from focusing on self.
  • mister_Big
    Options

Ummm...you're perfect....so stop it! :-*
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    14 years ago I had one, never had a chest unless I was nursing & barely even then. I was very thin, tall lanky (think Lurch!) even after 3 kids. I was a dedicated weight trainer, low body fat, no boobs, so I thought why not? Maybe I wouldn't be so boyish looking. I have never really regretted it until recently. I put on about 20 pounds about 2 years ago and it's *all* in my chest.

I still have no hips, same skinny arms & legs, no belly, just all in the chest area. With the surgery I looked more proportionate, but with 20 lbs of weight in the chest now I just look plain weird. Top-heavy. I hate it. It's not all boob, it's like the whole rib cage area. Add in that they get in the way exercising & some exercises feel strange because mine are under the muscle, just ugh.

I complained for years that I couldn't wear this or that looked weird on me and after the surgery it was more so. I COULD wear anything when I was an A cup, I just didn't realize it. I encourage you to wait until after your weight loss, any kids, etc....your body will continue to change as you get older and the results might surprise you.
  • tammycheechoo
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and a C cup plus I'm overweight. So I'd definitely consider a boob job after I lose my excess weight. I'm pregnant now and having a csection in a week but only gained 6 lbs with this pregnancy. I just joined MFP a week ago and I can't wait to start actually shedding the pounds. Lol
  • emmalzthompson
    Options
    14 years ago I had one, never had a chest unless I was nursing & barely even then. I was very thin, tall lanky (think Lurch!) even after 3 kids. I was a dedicated weight trainer, low body fat, no boobs, so I thought why not? Maybe I wouldn't be so boyish looking. I have never really regretted it until recently. I put on about 20 pounds about 2 years ago and it's *all* in my chest.

I still have no hips, same skinny arms & legs, no belly, just all in the chest area. With the surgery I looked more proportionate, but with 20 lbs of weight in the chest now I just look plain weird. Top-heavy. I hate it. It's not all boob, it's like the whole rib cage area. Add in that they get in the way exercising & some exercises feel strange because mine are under the muscle, just ugh.

I complained for years that I couldn't wear this or that looked weird on me and after the surgery it was more so. I COULD wear anything when I was an A cup, I just didn't realize it. I encourage you to wait until after your weight loss, any kids, etc....your body will continue to change as you get older and the results might surprise you.

Great advice right here :) sorry you are not happy with the result of it bu the way .....
  • emmalzthompson
    Options

Ummm...you're perfect....so stop it! :-*

I know this is not aimed at the girl whos thread this is .... but im sure most men just think Oh Shut up!! when women moan about breast size! So i love this post! Also if it is any help to you ( the poster of this topic!) before i had children and rocked the great *kitten* no tits thing .... many men couldnt careless about my small boobs , and loved my bum! this is why i have suggested working on something you can actively change to look great! also before falling pregnant a couple of 'men' informed me they liked my boobs at the time, pert soft and pretty looking, a large chest does not make a woman sexy or beautiful!