January 2019 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    shanaber wrote: »
    Not running related but wanted to share the beautiful view from our agility trial venue this weekend. We had rain here and snow in the mountains so it made for a beautiful morning! An hour or so later the mountains were covered in clouds again.

You could kidnap me and hold me for ransom there indefinitely.

Unfortunately - it doesn't look like that very often so we just have to soak it in when it does. Most of the time, unless it is really clear you can't even see the mountains but when you do it is like 'oh there you are!'
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    For those looking for a new running challenge.... blindfold racing! LOL

https://youtu.be/e150riM9ehM
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    For those looking for a new running challenge.... blindfold racing! LOL

https://youtu.be/e150riM9ehM

That's a whole new level of mental.
    Ouch.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Day January
    1 2.3
    2 0
    3 2.6
    4 2.85
    5 3.1
    6 3.1
    7 11

Total: 24.95
    Goal: 115 (minimum of 100)

Today was my LSD run so I was trying hard to keep my pace somewhere in the 12-minute mile range. I ended around 12:52 average.

I stopped to take some photos, texted, and scrolled through Facebook to keep going slow.

I almost lost my shoe when I tried to go around a puddle but clearly, there was some quicksand or something on that side of the path. I had no issues the first time when I went around the other side. Now my pretty tie dye shoes are covered in mud. Well, one is.

As usual, I will post photos on Instagram later. Because they are on my phone and I am not (I'm supposed to be editing photos).
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Tramboman wrote: »
    Not running related but wanted to share the beautiful view from our agility trial venue this weekend. We had rain here and snow in the mountains so it made for a beautiful morning! An hour or so later the mountains were covered in clouds again.

You could kidnap me and hold me for ransom there indefinitely.

Unfortunately - it doesn't look like that very often so we just have to soak it in when it does. Most of the time, unless it is really clear you can't even see the mountains but when you do it is like 'oh there you are!'

It's a really beautiful vista.
  • LadySaton
    LadySaton Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Jan2 (3.1mi run) (4.1mi walk)
    Jan 6 (3.8mi run) (1.2mi walk)
    Jan 7 (1mi run) (.5mi walk)

(7.9mi/30mi) (5.8mi walk)
  • abowersgirl
    abowersgirl Posts: 3,409 Member
    Options
    newbie here

Jan 1 : 1.5 =1.5/30 miles, walking 5.6 miles (after run) note: run took 19.13 min

Jan 2: 3.02= 4.52/30 miles, walking 11.13 miles (after run): run took 37.02 min 👍improvment

Jan 3: rest day= 4.52/30 miles, walking 4.11 (after run) I think I pushed myself too hard too fast for a non seasoned new runner the day before. My legs were sore up until last night.

Jan 4: 1.91= 6.43/30 miles, walking 4.22 (after run): no time improvement

Jan 5: 1.5= 7.93 miles, walking 7.47 (after run)

Jan 6: 1.5= 9.43/30, walking 4.5 (after run)

Jan 7: 1.52= 10.95/30, walking TBD (after run) run took 20.17 👎 today I was lethargic and not feeling it, i consider it a win that I did it at all.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,390 Member
    Options
    HonuNui wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Tomorrow is something easy, submarine/whale watch in Kona, some sitting time. Then later in the week, if you (@HonuNui )want company perhaps a beach trip and lunch is on us, if Eric hasn’t lost his wallet for good between now and then. He’s the one with all the money on this trip. I get to say “yes dear all week”. I’ll holler at ya. Or you me.
    I know it's probably somewhere on the links I sent you, but Huggo's on the Rocks is a great ocean front restaurant in downtown Kona-a bit of a walk (to the right) from where you come back from the submarine ride.....dolphins, turtles, surfer views from your table....which is set in beach sand that you can dig your toes into.
    Beach day is Tuesday or Thursday....your choice!

Waaah I wanna come too!
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    Apparently, I am not going to get any "real work" done at work today. I am going to post random internet stuff instead. Oh, Monday.

Just call me Blabber Mouth Gottapee.

2rgbywoviz2a.png
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Last place Von Streaker