stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Week of...
    January 6: 201.0
    January 13: 200.0
    January 20: 200.1
    January 27:

It brings me joy to see that you have leveled off again. We're right here with you as you get back where you were not that long ago. Let's do it.

Thanks so much!!!
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    HarperAnn6 wrote: »
    Name: Harper

Success / Struggles: Suddenly, I have a renewed desire to track my food again. Not sure where it’s coming from, but I’m just going to enjoy the motivation while it lasts. As for struggles, I am having difficulty with my body image. Although the scale says what I want it to, I don’t feel that I look particularly slim right now. I think I may have lost muscle and gained fat this winter — not sure.

Please join us in the Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC). It's a monthly challenge under Community->Groups. The February sign-up is here. Would love to have you join us. Many of us are maintainers and participate, not to lose weight but rather for accountability and to build strength/endurance. Others are still on the weight loss journey. It's a very supportive group for you or anyone else on this thread who may be interested.

Check it out: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/130876-ultimate-accountability-challenge-february-2019
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    Name: Jim
    Success: Loss -2.4 after buying Girl Scout cookies from our DGD! I have not bought these for years, I learned to portion control my urges! :tongue:
    Sure hope some of those cookies were the chocolate covered thin mints or the peanut butter patties...I'm drooling!
  • PiscesMan123
    PiscesMan123 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you for providing this opportunity to "weigh-in" on the maintenance plan. I am still a ways away from reaching my goal BUT...I want to align myself with the winners (you all : ) My height is 5'9 and my weight has been as high as 297, but currently am at 197. My wife says I look good, but I am thinking 185. I like what Stephen has accomplished with losing 61 pounds and getting to the 159ish mark. How does that feel for you. Do you look healthy AND how many calories do you consume as a rule in a day?
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you for providing this opportunity to "weigh-in" on the maintenance plan. I am still a ways away from reaching my goal BUT...I want to align myself with the winners (you all : ) My height is 5'9 and my weight has been as high as 297, but currently am at 197. My wife says I look good, but I am thinking 185. I like what Stephen has accomplished with losing 61 pounds and getting to the 159ish mark. How does that feel for you. Do you look healthy AND how many calories do you consume as a rule in a day?

Hi Ben, I originally went from 262 to 182 (took one year), maintained for one year, then crept up about 20 pounds in year 3. My wife thinks I look fine, but my clothes are a bit snug for me and I feel a little more sluggish than I like, so I'm going to move back down to 185, I think, by summer. That way I'll not be carrying as much around for summer gardening, etc. I really think that anything within the healthy BMI (126 to 169 for 5'9") is fine--it's what feels good to you, and you should take into account if you're muscular, etc. So: 159 probably works just fine.

As for calories: the year I held at maintenance (average 182 pounds), my average calories per day was 2,825. I'm also 6'2", but I don't know if that means anything calorie-wise. I did much more strength training that year--now, I'm just walking (~5 miles day), with some minor calisthenics and stretching in the mix.

I *think* I look healthy--I probably need to do some more strength to build some tone and function, but am going to wait until I lose the next few pounds to do so....

Hope that helps somewhat!