JFT 1/7
    1. IF/keto eating
    2. Coffee ☕️, 🍵 & H20 during my fasting times smile
    3. Sugar free
    4. at least 11/8oz cups h20
    5. Stay within my 3 hr eating window
    6. Walk at least 8000 steps per day
    7. 60 min yoga 🧘‍♀️ & meditation 🧘‍♂️
    8. Start reading The stressless brain. 9.Read chronological bible reading plan
    10. Meditation 🧘‍♀️
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Okay so some quick goals for tomorrow

Oh! I finally did the dishes!!!! My sink is completely empty!!!!

Praise the Lord!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,204 Member
    Options
    Goals for Sunday, JFT
    1. log all food :/
    2. work on business taxes. This is the time of year I absolutely hate .... business tax stuff, inventory, just a lot to do. I get so far behind throughout the year!! :):) And I am exhausted!! I HATE doing this .... always gets me in a grumpy mood because I have to go after hubby for receipts, etc.
    3. get outside for a Long Walk!!! It is suppose to be 60 degrees!!!!! :/ NO ... working on tax stuff all day! The only thing I did do was go outside and rake up 5 bags of leaves ... a little fresh air! Then ... back at the taxes.So its been a long, tiring day!
    4. red cup January challenge --- 8+ c. water :/ Completely forgot to do this >:)
    5. mindful eating --- read and look up calories FIRST!!!!!!! >:) No more buying junk for my daughter ... nuf said >:)
    6. get back on here .. be accountable :)
    7. gratitude journal :/

This is the time of year I dread .. .there is always so much work getting our taxes done and ready to take to the accountant. Why they charge what they do I'll never know, as I have to do so much to have it all perfect for them! Oh well..... but .... I just wanted to be lazy today and go outside. But ... at least I got a little stuff done!

JFT, Monday
    1. log all food
    2. go to the gym
    3. going to the swim pool with my neighbor ... walking in the lazy river current (it it a indoor pool).
    4. work on business tax ... try not to get grumpy!
    5. mindful eating ..... look up and be sure I really want to eat the calories
    6. january challenge ---- red cup .... 8+ glasses water.

January Challenge -- Red cup challenge - 8+ glasses of water

Jan 4 :)
    Jan 5 :)
    Jan 6: >:) More like only 3 cups so far.
  • Fitatelo
    Fitatelo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    January 6th:
    -Get to the gym 👍
    -Walk 30 mins 👍
    -Stay in the green 👍
    -Journal 👍

January 7th:
    -Get to the gym
    -Walk 30 mins
    -Stay in the green
    -Shop healthy for the week
    -Clean the house
  • mrsbatmo8
    mrsbatmo8 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Morning all. Back to work.... holidays over and new year new me starts now! Also jumping on the determination band waggon... I’ve got a lot to lose weight wise... nothing to lose health wise!

Goal 1 - 7 pounds off is my first target 💪🏻
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to try out some vinyl work with my Cricut. I bought this mug today to do something with tomorrow but I got excited to try so made it tonight. It’s a must g for me to remind me of my word of the year, my Dad’s definition of it and hummingbirds to remind me of my Grandmother. I did Determined first and made it crooked so purposely did stubborn crooked.
    tkrf2un1t1y5.jpeg
    opy5by5glg59.jpeg

That's a lovely mug, a great reminder of your word for the year. Some people describe me as stubborn but I call it patient!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 7 January

January water challenge
    5 fruit and veg
    Accurate logging
    Stay in the green
    Meet fit bit goals
    Plan for the week - work schedule and meals
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Monday weigh-in - new year new start!

Goal weight: 154
    Starting weight (this year): 167
    Mon 7th: 167

So, I gained at the end of the year, and put on 0.75lb last week, but when I look back at what I was this time last year I was 15lb heavier. (And 20lb heavier on Jan 1st...)

So I have achieved loads! Now just (?) To lose the last 13 and STAY THERE.

Can I have two words for the year? If so mine will be:

Mindful - of what I eat/drink and its impact on my health

Moderation - Accepting that I can have a little of what I like, but not too much

I think both of these are important for me now I'm at that last stage, heading towards maintenance - if I want to stay there I will have to cultivate this mindset.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Jan 7th:
    Goals for today:
    1. Controlling my sweet tooth and my snacking. Yesterday things got out of hand when I was making oreo cheesecake cupcakes for my son's class. Today will be better.
    2. Treadmill, 45 minutes
    3. Drink enough water
    4. Go to bed earlier
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Cat back at vets. Sat there blubbing in car this am in their car park whilst waited for vet to open. So worried and prayed mightily for him over weekend. Vet today not sure but bloods not showing anything dreadful and she couldn’t feel hard lump so praying this is a case of bad constipation after all and he will be fine. He’s admitted and will get an ultrasound and hope that will tell me he’s just needing a rinse out of his digestive system! He’s so precious to me.

Have been good and not eaten which I would normally do as comfort eating for all this stress.
  • bookmeister86
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Cat back at vets. Sat there blubbing in car this am in their car park whilst waited for vet to open. So worried and prayed mightily for him over weekend. Vet today not sure but bloods not showing anything dreadful and she couldn’t feel hard lump so praying this is a case of bad constipation after all and he will be fine. He’s admitted and will get an ultrasound and hope that will tell me he’s just needing a rinse out of his digestive system! He’s so precious to me.

Have been good and not eaten which I would normally do as comfort eating for all this stress.

I'm so sorry about your cat. I know how you feel, as I lost my cats a few years ago and I was absolutely devastated. People who haven't had close pets don't always get it, but they are like family and very precious. I hope that in your case it does turn out to be something non-serious and that he is soon back at home with you. Sending lots of hugs and positive wishes your way. <3
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4 bottles water
    - No alcohol
    - Go to gym

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Monitor fullness after each meal
    - Differentiate between hunger, desire and craving
    - Give myself credit!

- Read Beck Diet Solution
    - Prioritise to-do list and tick things off!
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights out by 11

Current calorie balance: 0
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. Log all food
    2. Drink 150oz water
    3. Workout after work
    4. Only one healthy snack after dinner.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Sunday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item.
    2. Call parents. Put dishes away. Duo.
    3. Put laundry away. Lang8 journal entry. Blog post.
    4. Grocery shopping. Thrift store? Walk to 10k.
    5. Saag. List assessments for English I and compare to standards.
    6. Chop celery. Pack lunch for tomorrow.
    7. Therapy exercises. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10. Alarm set for 5:50.

JFT Monday
    1. Therapy exercises. Feed cats. Morning meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Duo. Take the shoes!
    2. Get schedules. Print roster. Respond to emails.
    3. Class 1-2: Check in with students who did not complete honors summer project.
    4. Planning: Blog post. Check in on Bollig. Write discussion post 1.
    5. Class 4: Reflection 47. Print projects. Project presentations? 4th needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Return computer cart. Update class websites.
    6. Review assessments. What is my purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Put the rest of the laundry away.
    7. Strength class 4:30. Zumba 5:30. Text B. Call parents. Find contact information for gastro; need to set up initial appt (Feb 7?)
    8. Prep Tue lunch: Saag. Chop celery. Pack lunch bag. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 9:45, devices off by 10:00, alarm set for 5:50.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    Today: 189.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding.
    2. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Regular: needs practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me).
    3. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook.
    4. Develop writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts.
    5. Write next blog post. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Barn order: stapler, pencil sharpener
    6. Keep track of medical stuffs. Dentist? Also Feb 7 9:30 w Ac Int. Sub already set up. Apr 22 McC. Need sub. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Gifts for dad and DH - look for licorice puffs (Dollar Tree), cookbook. Fix laptop bag. Find a recipe for squash soup that looks good.
    8. Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Can poetry unit be condensed?
    9. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, Harvey Mansfield, or Robert Adams). Check on alternate translations for The Prince.

Ah, stress dreams, how I haven't missed you. :P Woke up well before the alarm this morning sobbing into my pillow because I'd worn boots to rehearsal and the director was so frustrated with the (minimal) noise that they'd made that he'd started shooting at me and I was so upset that I said I'd just leave, that I knew that they didn't even need me anyway.

So begins the first day of new classes :lol:
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @snowflake1968 I may be doing some more of Leslie Sansone, too. And, thank you for being supportive...

@HEGoddard0928 Congrats on dishes! I got mine done, too, yesterday. They had been sitting way too long. LOL.
    Also, congratulations to your husband.
    And, I'm sorry to read about MIL.

Yesterday:Sun., 1/6/19 A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: :) 156.2 lbs Yay!
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me. :)
    Stay in the Green :)
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year). :)
    Go look at House - my daughter & SIL may be int'd in leasing. :)
    Bedtime: midnight :'(

Extras, maybe?:
    Laundry... :)
    Dishes ...
    Declutter/clean a little...
    Do some meal planning... :)
    Find fitness classes to attend
    Make a schedule

Mon, 1/7/19 A lot of what I post will be the same tame, every day...
    Weigh: :) 157 lbs Oy.
    Red cup challenge- but 4 cups will be acceptable for me. That is how poor I am at drinking water. Just 4 cups daily is HUGE for me.
    Stay in the Green
    Stay focused!!! - (no matter what, no excuses... I can make them for every meal and every bite, but not going to pass muster this year).
    During lunch... review & write out some questions & send to oldest bro re: eldercareatty/parents
    Buy bread
    Make it to class on time
    Bedtime: midnight

Let's all make it a great day!!
    Elbee1
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Jft Sun
    1. DH quality time >:)
    2. Bed by 930 :)
    3. One more water :)

JFT Mon AM
    1. Smoothie :)
    2. Fish oil :)
    3. Up by 7 >:)

JFT Monday
    1. Prenatal and Met
    2. Water - 3 by noon, another 3 after, 2 at home
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Log all food
    5. Cook dinner at home
    6. Pay bills; cable, student loan, propane
    7. Be kind - dont take people crap personally
    8. 10 squats/bathroom trip
    9. 10 minutes yoga/meditation
    10. Bed by 9:30

JFT Tues AM
    1. Smoothie
    2. Fish Oil
    3. Up by 7
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,478 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Wow, 72 posts since I was on Sat. afternoon. I'll have to catch up later, for now recapping my weekend for my own accountability, and posting JFT.

Recap Sat. 1/5 ~ Lazy day at home with hubby ~ be patient w/ him as he doesn't want to "do anything." :p We ended up taking dog with us on a lazy drive ~ it was nice! :smiley:
    1) With melting snow on roads, not sure if there's ice under water/snow, so to be safe I walked treadmill in basement = 3 mi 49:36 + cool down + stretched :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,851 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 & 20 floors :smiley:
    3) Drink 12c water (harder for me on weekends) = :smiley:
    4) Making new recipe for supper ~ kielbasa with lentils & veggies / net calories zero = New recipe is a keeper! Late evening hubby snacked on chips & dip, and I joined him ~ ack! Net calories -183 :/ , sodium -37 (I'll take it), sugar green (yay), fiber & protein good (yay)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :smiley: / floss :s / retainers :s / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :smiley: (Bible class & church)

Recap Sun. 1/6 ~ Ended up being a rest day since I was stayed so busy.
    1) Bible class & church = :smiley: When alarm went off I really wanted to sack in, but so glad I went ~ the messages were so on point for me!
    2) Move hourly / 5 somethings = Fitbit 10,060 steps, 250+ steps 11/14 & 20 floors :smiley:
    3) Drink 12c water = :smiley:
    4) Made chili for supper / net calories zero = Ack!!! Evening I ate peanut M&Ms again! Bright side: there are no more peanut M&Ms in the house! Net calories -272 :s , sodium -422 :( , sugar -31 :s , fiber & protein low-ish
    5) To-do's: happy I got so much done :smiley: washed dishes & put them away / washed sheets & towels / put away decorations & dusted as I went... only got about half packed up and stored in basement when lower back started aching & I quit / packed up & stored fake tree w/ hubby's help / read Sunday sales ads / watched movie w/ hubby <3
    6) Floss :smiley: / retainers :smiley: / set/verify alarm, bed & tv off 10:30 :s (workout M before work)

JFT M 1/7 ~ Weather is really crappy & gloomy ~ snow started overnight & temps warmed so now we are getting rain on top, which makes a slushy mess. I'd rather have snow! Wind & sleet hitting windows this morning woke me up, since I kept banging the snooze alarm off. No workout. :s
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks at work / 5 somethings
    2) Meals & snacks prelogged / stick w/ plan / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Send car ins docs to HRD-Ins / prep/send initiation memo for PA-TCO / prep for next audit
    4) Leave office 5-10 min. early / hair appt. / on way home, buy ingredients for fruit salad / prep dish for Tues. office food day (co-worker's belated b-day since she is a Christmas baby) / pack more Christmas decorations
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / set/verify early alarm, bed & tv off 10:15 (treadmill before work T)