JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Replies

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited May 2019
    Huh, what a night! Had an aweful toothache from yesterday evening until this morning when I went to see my dentist. I haven't had any sleep. When I did fall asleep for 30 seconds, I was awaken by sharp pain. Because we are ttc, before period I don't know if I am pregnant yet or not, so I stayed away from painkillers (since I am not sure which ones are allowed in early days). Doctor wanted to take an image of my teeth, but didn't because of the posibility of pregnancy, so just made a guess and opened the most suspisious tooth. It has turned out to be the right *kitten*, so it was an imediate relief. I am so grateful for not being in that sharp, pulsating pain anymore.
    I don't know if the whole precaution makes sense or it is overreacting, because I don't feel any signs of pregnancy..but I think if it, by chance, turns out to be the case, I guess I would be scared and stresses if I did something risky.

I admire you all mothers, how you are handling everything with your little ones, I feel overwhelmed before it even started!

Hug to everyone, you're doing great!

@Snowflake1968 You are such a sweet and positive lady, thank you for all of your wonderful comments, you know how to make people around you feel good about themselves!
    Congrats on your statisticss, I think you have mastered sustainable weight loss and commitment!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,241 Member
    I am still trying to find my last post!! @Cschmitz .. how did you say to do that? I've gone back like 6 pages, and still can't find it! such a active thread!

Well, I have 3 weeks left on weight watchers, but I am not going to pay the $45 a month... so I will be back to logging my food here. I did lose almost 12 pounds while on it, but I need to be better.
    It does not help that hubby thinks I look great, and tells me not to worry about it. Last nite after a stressful day we had margaritas on our patio. Then ordered dominos pizza because I was too tired to work. So that was why I liked the WW because of having to weight in front of someone, but I will get back to recording my weight here ... and be accountable to you guys!

So goals today are simple
    l. log all food
    concentrate on water
    go out for a walk since I skipped the gym
    get back on here everyday ... be accountable.

weigh in is on saturday mornings... so start recording weight here each week.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,912 Member
    @daneejela - Thank you. I just wanted to comment on your apprehension in case you might be pregnant. If you are trying and aware that you could be pregnant I think you are smart to use caution. However, there are 100's of thousands of healthy babies born all the time that were unplanned and the mothers didn't take any precautions.
    I had two unplanned babies, I missed a pill both times. I know that I did drink not excessively but on the weekend, I also had a stressful job and chewed pain pills like candy to alleviate a constant headache in those first days as I didn't know I was pregnant and still had beautiful healthy girls.

• daneejela
    daneejela Posts: 461 Member
    edited May 2019
    @Bex953172 haven't seen you last days, I hope you're doing good. Sending you a big hug!

@Snowflake1968 thank you! I intuitively agree with you and I think that I might have been overthinking it.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    I am really, REALLY tired today. Not sure why.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member

Rest. Sometimes we need to listen to our bodies. 😉
  • clicketykeys
    MLHC1 wrote: »

But. I'm already wearing my workout clothes. And if I don't go work out, I won't get my steps in today... unless if maybe I can get the husband to go for a walk with me. But it's hot out.

/whine ;)
  • wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    JFT 09/05/19 Thursday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me

No idea where my last post is. It’s been a mad few days with Liverpool beating Barcelona in an absolutely perfect game. I’m Irish and we moved to Liverpool when I was small and I’ve lived here this time for nearly 20 years. Was born a red ⚽️❤️ Watching the other semi final now. C’mon Ajax!

It’s Weigh Day tomorrow and I’m nervous. I don’t think I’ve lost anything but I haven’t been troughing it so that’s a bonus at least. I’ll try and catch up with posts but I’m pages behind :smile:

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 1,039 Member

But. I'm already wearing my workout clothes. And if I don't go work out, I won't get my steps in today... unless if maybe I can get the husband to go for a walk with me. But it's hot out.

/whine ;)

I must be tired too lol. As I was reading this I thought you meant you wanted your husband to go for a walk in your place! Oh if only exercise worked like that :)

I've been very good today, had salad for tea. My son has just come home and is eating a pizza, the smell is so tempting!

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

/whine ;)

Draining yourself can be counterproductive. But if that's not what you're doing then Im proud of you for persevering!! Just take care of yourself as well. 😉
  • clicketykeys
    *hugs* Thanks. I think it was more of a mental thing than physical... though exercise is still hard! We're wrapping up state exams, and I'm as done with it as the students are.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,458 Member
    my post poufed!
    @snowflake You are doing such a wonderful job!! steady downward movement, lots of applause!
    Wt today is down a bit. Anytime eat out (favs are Thai & Indian) this happens, not sure if those cuisines are more guilty of higher levels or not.
  • clicketykeys
    Yay! @Snowflake1968 that's such great news. :D
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    I got the call!!! I am meeting with her boss Tuesday at 1030. She gave me some tips for meeting him. I’m nervous and excited now, but as she said once that’s done it’s up to the universe, I should know I’ve given it my best.

That's great! I'll be rooting for you! I know you've worked so hard to get this. Fingers Crossed!