Options

Replies

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 10 May

Catch up on my logging estimates
    Go for a long walk
    It's another beautiful day and the sea is very calm - be prepared for midges!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. AM walk. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull chapter 5 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Chapter 5 work; makeup work. Return papers. File papers.
    4. Planning: A - Insert quotes into essay. B - Grade late assessments. C - Call juice bar - minis? D - Grade late work. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Makeup work. Return papers.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting 3:30. Run to 10k on TM. Pack lunch. Read 6 pages of Cafeteria, 10 of Cross-training.
    8. Check grocery list.
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

JFT Friday
    1. AM run: 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull chapter 6 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Chapter 6 work; makeup work. Return papers. File papers. Email O - how long should course be?
    4. Planning: A - Insert quotes into essay. B - Draft. C - Grade late work. D - Grade late work. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Introduction to Romeo & Juliet. Check with CC about plans.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting? Maybe? Read 10 pages of Cafeteria, update Goodreads.
    8. Choose recipes for next week. Check grocery list. Butcher? Juice samples? Library?
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. Lang8 post. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 5:00. Update Goodreads Friday.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Apr 25 Dentist. Apr 22 McC. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia???
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. May 4 is SW Day and FCB Day. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing. Got my run in. 4 miles at 59:37. *sigh* Everything is SO HARD ;p
    Positive thought: TGIF.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Thank you for the support ❤️💕💕 I did do better yesterday and only went about 20 over my calories even though I wanted much more.

@Snowflake1968 that is so exciting for both of you, and good luck!!!!

Hugs to all of you!

Yesterday 5/9:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😑 pretty close but a tiny bit over
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😁
    5. Workout after work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁

JFT 5/10:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for a walk at lunch
    4. Finish work at 5:15
    5. Do full weekly report at work
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    5/8/19 Wednesday
    Weight 152.8 lbs
    Stay in green 🙁
    At least 4 8 oz. glasses of water 🙂
    Exercise 🙂 (push-ups, triceps dips, back exercises including crunches & planks)
    Bed by midnight 😞

5/9/19 Thursday
    Weight 152.8 lbs
    Stay in green 😞
    4 8 oz. glasses of water ?
    Exercise 😞
    Bed by midnight 😞

Jft 5/10/19
    Weight
    Stay in green
    4 8 oz. glasses of water
    Exercise
    Bed by midnight
    Don’t get too stressed out today/heading into a very busy day with stressful type issues.

• AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT Thurs
    1. WATERS! :)
    2. Log all food :)
    3. Eat packed lunch :)
    4. Hard boiled egg for snack before job #2 >:)
    5. NO CANDY at job #2 :| had 4 jelly beans - but its an improvement from 4 mini chocolates
    6. Cook dinner at home - meatballs and raviolis :)
    7. Book hiking hut for mum :)
    8. Make coffee :)
    9. Bed by 9:30 >:)

So today, I'm feeling pulled in a million directions - Mom got tickets to a red sox game on Mothers day. I thought she was going with step dad but she just invited me. Its mothers day so I felt kinda obligated? But, it's my one day off - and mom and I are doing a sleep over on Tuesday since I thought we werent doing anything Sunday. I had asked DH to make plans with his mom for Sunday to bring her to a nice greenhouse, so now I think he feels kinda slighted that I asked to make these plans and now I'm doing something else? Yikes, my people pleasing is coming out strong today :s Blaaaaah!!! Atleast its Friday! Happy Friday, everyone!

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food
    2. Start waters NOW
    3. Eat packed lunch
    4. Make a grocery list/meal plan
    5. Work until atleast 4:30
    6. Pick up OPK's
    7. Order bouquet
    8. Measure DH for linen shirt - order this weekend
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Yesterday started out as a good day and then piled on a world of suck at the end. A storm rolled in, and so I got to keep my most rambunctious class for an extra hour and a half PAST the final bell. Did NOT get my lifting in. So that means I get to stay late today if I'm going to do it and miss out on time with my husband (one of the reasons I wanted to lift yesterday was that he was scheduled to stay late at HIS school). So I got home and I was irritated and frazzled and got none of my essay work done either. I was exhausted and accomplished N O T H I N G. Did get lunch packed for today. So not QUITE nothing. And then I went to bed. :p

*hugs* to @HEGoddard0928 and @lafayettenana and everyone else struggling with medical stuff. Not only is it a physical thing, it's stressful as heck.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @Faebert I am on holiday, thanks for checking :) Didn't get chance to post to tell you all that before leaving as was soooo busy in the run up to the holiday. Flying back tomorrow.

I have been reading the posts (or skimming) whilst away as have wanted to keep up with what's going on with everyone! But I haven't posted as I'm supposed to be having a break (and am getting told off when I spend too much time on my phone...). Back posting in a few days!

P.s. congratulations on the interview @Snowflake1968 !
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 @Faebert I am on holiday, thanks for checking :) Didn't get chance to post to tell you all that before leaving as was soooo busy in the run up to the holiday. Flying back tomorrow.

I have been reading the posts (or skimming) whilst away as have wanted to keep up with what's going on with everyone! But I haven't posted as I'm supposed to be having a break (and am getting told off when I spend too much time on my phone...). Back posting in a few days!

P.s. congratulations on the interview @Snowflake1968 !

Have fun on your holiday! I figured that was where you were ... we miss seeing you on here! Anxious to see how your trip was.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

Positive thought: My mom and I are getting along better than we have in forever. She is much nicer these days.

I think I may be feeling better, I ate Mexican last night and it didn't kill me. My stomach is still grumbling a bit, but not like it was, and I feel stronger after eating. My weight loss has also slowed over the last few days to a more reasonable 0.2# in 2 days. I'm just hoping that when I get hydrated the weight doesn't pack back on. Even if it does, it's ok because I'm tired of being tired and too weak to do things I like.

Now for my funny story of the day... The kids at church were making Mother's Day crafts Wednesday evening, and the teens decided to join them. Painted Mother's Day flower pots was the craft. I come downstairs and look in and someone said "You'll never forget this Mother's Day gift". My daughter proceeds to tell me that she was going to write Mother, but she instead wrote Mom. No big deal, but she didn't pay attention to what she had done. She told me she started to put an "e' in then realized an "e" doesn't go there so she did the "ther" still not realizing what she had done. My daughter is a 16 year old honors student who was designated "gifted" way back in grade school. I am one proud Momther. She told me she went ahead and put the date on it so I'd know she was 16 when she did it. The child has no shame, but at least she can laugh at herself.

So happy to read your positive thought! I am happy you are getting along better ... something us mothers always want.
    And I love the mothers day gift. that is a gift you will always treasure.. makes it very unique!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

I'm feeling slightly better now that I'm at work. It's a super easy day today. I get most of it to myself. Lol.

I guess I should make goals. I'm going to keep them easily attainable though.

JFT, 5-10-19

1. No candy tonight
    2. Wash the sandwich containers in the sink
    3. Bag the dirty clothes for tomorrow
    4. Make the skillet meal that's in the freezer
    5. Hang out with Matt
    6. Drink 4 water bottles/ cups of water

Okay. I think that's good.

We missed you also! And glad you are feeling a little better today. Making small goals are what we need to do when things are getting us down. Thats what I've been doing lately ... just small, attainable goals are important. Hugs.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    JFT - Thursday May 9 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - :/ For the first time in forever, I was below my water goal unless I count pool water. Very busy day yesterday and just forgot.
    Calories in green - :)
    Walk 1 Mile - :)
    Plank Challenge - :/ 40 Squats
    5 Fruits and Veggies - 5/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - :):) - None
    5 something at bathroom break - :)
    Something on commercials - didn't watch any tv, so no
    Write in Journal - :/ didn't go to bed until 4am so none of my regular bedtime routines
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - :)

JFT - Friday May 10 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I had an amazing day yesterday and I have a lot to share, but Lauryn and Michaela are here waiting to go shopping so I have to run. I will catch up with everyone's post and tell you all about my day later on.

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    So today ive had an okay day. Managing my emotions a bit better, holding my tongue a bit too to stop me flying off the handle.

I havent posted goals in ages.
    And i didnt intend to, but today i logged.

Its my first baby step to starting again.
    I dont think im gonna post goals still. I think for now its best i just do what i can in the day, and let you know what i managed rather than feeling like ive failed when i cant achieve what i planned. Does that make sense?

I did make a list last night of all the cleaning i had to do. A very detailed list so i knew EXACTLY what i had to do. And catergorized into rooms. I got music on and got cracking.
    I blitzed the lounge and it looked great. Until the kids got home but i dont feel disheartened because i DID still achieve it. I would have got more done but we went out and got lots of new curtains and bits for the house.
    Kids are away until tomorrow night now.
    So thats a positive in that i can have a bit of a rest and get more stuff done.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    So today ive had an okay day. Managing my emotions a bit better, holding my tongue a bit too to stop me flying off the handle.

I havent posted goals in ages.
    And i didnt intend to, but today i logged.

Its my first baby step to starting again.
    I dont think im gonna post goals still. I think for now its best i just do what i can in the day, and let you know what i managed rather than feeling like ive failed when i cant achieve what i planned. Does that make sense?

I did make a list last night of all the cleaning i had to do. A very detailed list so i knew EXACTLY what i had to do. And catergorized into rooms. I got music on and got cracking.
    I blitzed the lounge and it looked great. Until the kids got home but i dont feel disheartened because i DID still achieve it. I would have got more done but we went out and got lots of new curtains and bits for the house.
    Kids are away until tomorrow night now.
    So thats a positive in that i can have a bit of a rest and get more stuff done.

I'm happy you are able to participate in life a little. I hope this is the beginning of your next great success.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 967 Member
    Options

JFT 10th May

Log everything yes, had to guess a couple of things
    Stay in the green no, about 1500 cals
    Back exercises yes
    Shopping yes
    Collect prescription from doctors yes
    Apply for physiotherapy no, postponed until next week
    Visit parents yes, took all afternoon
    Pack and load car for working away this weekend yes
    Tidy house before I go yes

Reporting back tonight as I have an early start tomorrow and won't have time. Will be working through the day but then having a celebration meal with a friend. So not intending to calorie count this weekend. Won't have internet access a lot of the time either.

Have a great weekend everyone.

• wannabeskinnycat
    wannabeskinnycat Posts: 205 Member
    Options

JFT 10/05/2019 Friday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening :smile:
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal :smile:
    3. Take at least 5500 steps :neutral: nope I didn’t get around as much as I wanted today.
    4. Make time to be mindful for me :smile:

Have a good Friday everyone xx

JFT 11/05/19 Saturday

1. I’ll come back here in the evening
    2. Log everything and be under calorie goal
    3. Take at least 5500 steps
    4. Make time to be mindful for me