JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    Cschmitz110515 - That restaurant that specializes in Local is a great idea.

Nlmackey98 - Love the taco reference! That will be a Mother’s Day craft you’ll have forever. I have one from my daughter in Grade 2, it was the one where they have to say what they think about each letter in Mother. Her O says “other mothers aren’t as special to me”. I had that one hanging for years after she was an adult.

Lafayettenana- hope you have a speedy recovery.

Clicketykeys - what kind of storm kept the kids after school?

Hegoddard0928 - I hope Matt gets better soon. I understand how your depression is kicking you right now, and hope you are able to fight it back quickly.

AJB1014 - it’s hard when you have so many that love you and you love. Makes for hard decisions some days, maybe his Mother will enjoy having one on one time with him. I know I appreciate it when I get with my girls now because it is so rare.

Bex953172 - happy to see you posting, one step at a time and you’ll get there.

Well I said I had an amazing day yesterday. I spent over 2 hours shopping with the Maid of Honor and one Bridesmaid for supplies for the bachelorette party. We came back to the house and I made supper, Lauryn then arrived and we started crafting. Lauryn and the one bridesmaid left around midnight and the maid of honor and I worked until 4am! We managed to get a lot accomplished, but have way more to finish. She is probably coming out next Thursday as well. Her original plan was to spend the day today too, but she is a bridesmaid in a wedding this weekend and had duties for it today.

I took the time out from crafting last night to go to my swim lesson. I love my new instructor, he pushes me out of my comfort zone and gives me the confidence I need to do it. For those of you that followed along last year with all of my frustration with breathing, I GOT IT, I was so proud of myself last night. I swam back and forth and back and forth for about 40 minutes and only stood up once in the middle of a lap! Then we went into the deep end. I had faith that I could swim from deep end out, but not shallow end in. I did it twice, once he held his finger on my back to show me I could do it, second he swam beside me! If Rodger didn’t have to work and we hadn’t had a houseful he would have appreciated my energy waking him up when I got home!

Lauryn and Michaela picked me up bright and early this morning to go shopping and we got home at lunchtime. My eating today has been like a teenagers! I had coffee for breakfast, KD for lunch and am eating frozen pizza for supper right now. I know my calories will be over today because I’m too tired to work it off, but I had 500 calories in the green yesterday when I closed my diary so I think I’m fine.

I am going to design a couple of gifts for Lauryn tonight for Mother’s Day for the kids to give her. She said they are struggling money wise right now and she is sure Ryan has nothing planned.
  • korina75
    korina75 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    JFT 5/10
    Tackle my to do list and get it out of the way early :| Got some stuff done/not everything
    Date day! Enjoy my lunch date with hubby :) Had a great date!
    Eat for joy but mindfully for lunch :)
    30 minutes of exercise-whatever my body needs :)
    REST and relax and enjoy family Friday night. :)
    Shut off computer by 5 pm! :) Well, I'm on it now but for fun. :)

Tomorrow is going to be mostly work but the evening is all about me and hubby. Hoping for some take out and Dateline and just a quiet night. Went to movie tonight and had twizzlers and wine for dinner but managed to stay fairly close to calories. Hope everyone has a great weekend and a happy Mothers Day. If it's a tough day for you all stay off of social media and be kind to yourself!

JFT 5/11
    Eat for fuel breakfast/lunch
    Eat for joy/dinner but stay within calories
    Mindful eating
    Exercise- 45 minutes running

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,367 Member
    Options
    My eating has been out of control this evening. I was really ticked at myself, but then I looked back over my diary. I’ve felt poorly since the beginning of the month. There were only 2 days since May 1st when I ate over 700 calories. Im going to give myself a break and not fret over a few extra calories. Im actually hungry. I guess when my appetite comes back it doesn’t mess around. Guess my weight will be up a little tomorrow and that’s ok.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Friday 10 May

Catch up on my logging estimates :)
    Go for a long walk :)
    It's another beautiful day and the sea is very calm - be prepared for midges!

Walked about 6 miles' the weather was good and the views were excellent.
  • Sunshinelinzee
    Sunshinelinzee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Joining in on this one day at a time - today is day 5 re-committed for me and it's been a successful week but I really am going day by day right now. My weigh in's start on Monday.

JFT goals:
    Workout (cardio day) - DONE!
    10,000 steps (regular activity - cardio workout not included) - currently at 2k
    Log everything & stay on plan and in the green
    Alcohol free
    Finish the stupid project that I've been working on at work all week that's awful and stressing me out so its done

So yesterday:
    Workout - yes
    10000 steps - no, about 6000
    Log everything and stay the course - yes
    AF -yes
    Finish stupid project - no (see my steps, it’s a sitting at a computer project) but I made good progress.

JFT Goals 5/11
    Stay on plan and log
    Get workout in
    Get some yard work and gardening done
    AF
    Get the grocery shopping done and do NOT deviate from the list
    Take a few minutes to just enjoy the nice day without worrying about or doing work

• Faebert
    Faebert Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Morning all, hope everyone had a good end to the work week. I ended up staying up quite late on the phone to my boyfriend last night and was tempted to snack but made a hot drink instead. V proud of myself as I was frustrated for various reasons, which I’ve noticed is a big trigger emotion for me, but I held firm. A later than usual exercise class for me today, but so grateful to my amazing mum for coming to take the kids so I could get my workout in. Off to shower, eat lunch and then join them now...

Friday goals recap:
    - morning run ✅ and more speed improvements! 😃
    - pack snacks and milk for work ✅
    - home lunchtime for car and shake ✅
    - send docs to conveyancer ✅
    - GaG certificate before leaving ✅
    - health food store and tan after work ✅
    - Pick up L from play date at 6:15 ✅
    - bed by 9:30 ❎ not even close!

Saturday goals:
    - get kids up and ready to go to my parents ✅
    - Warrior class 10:45 ✅
    - groceries ✅
    - head to parents place
    - laundry and start cleaning
    - kids homework
    - movie night with kids
    - bed by 10

Have a lovely Saturday everyone x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Checking in from Friday
    1. AM run: 4 miles, <60 min. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Log 1 item. Post JFT by 7 AM.
    2. Before school: Update first directions. Update class websites. Pull chapter 6 questions. Check grading.
    3. Class 1-2: Chapter 6 work; makeup work. Return papers. File papers. Email O - how long should course be?
    4. Planning: A - Insert quotes into essay. B - Draft. C - Grade late work. D - Grade late work. DRAFT ESSAY.
    5. Class 4: Introduction to Romeo & Juliet. Check with CC about plans.
    6. Connect standards to assignments and include them in titles and in gradebook and lessons. Review assessments. Align with purpose for each unit. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Lifting? Maybe? Read 10 pages of Cafeteria, update Goodreads.
    8. Choose recipes for next week. Check grocery list. Butcher? Juice samples? Library?
    9. Therapy exercises at 8:30: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, plank. MEDS. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. In bed by 8:45; devices off by 9:00. Alarm set for 6:00.

JFT Saturday
    1. No AM run. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts. Balance practice. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Update JFT by 8:00. Leave for Y by 8:30. BodyPump. Eval research. Zumba. Cancel membership.
    3. Dishes? Finish essay. Read to D. Choose a recipe. Update grocery list. Send D to butcher.
    4. Library - return book and pick up holds. Birthday dinner! Lang8 post?
    5. Therapy exercises. Chop celery. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Make sure to charge devices! In bed by 9:45; devices off by 10:00. Alarm set for 6:40. Sunday runday; groceries, juice bar, then parents; take chicken out to thaw for Monday with roasted potatoes and carrots.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 190.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Go to Mac store and see if they can retrieve the files off the iMac. Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen), On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie). Add lamp and wobble board to grocery list.
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist. Onco. PCP. Call to set up checkups with Dass (October). GET MAGAZINES FOR COLLAGES FROM DOCTORS.
    7. Theater: Audition for Mamma Mia??? House Mgr next Friday.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling and taking items to the dump.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday.

WFTY: Climbing.
    Positive thought: Caught up with my fitness plan by doing my moderate run AND lifting yesterday. Go me!
  • clicketykeys
    edited May 2019
    Options
    Oooo. It is supposed to POUR all day tomorrow. Maybe I should send the husband for groceries while I go to the Y today...

@Snowflake1968 - WTG on the breathing!
    @nlmackey98 - I'm glad to hear you're feeling better than you had been. Hopefully the appetite will ease up :)
    @AJB1014 - It's hard when there's a parent's holiday and there's multiple sets of parents ;D We're trying to juggle plans for tomorrow too.

Update: Husband said yes! The only downside is that means I get the older car without working AC and the drive back after working out is going to be even less pleasant. Oh well - if that's as bad as it gets, this will be a lovely weekend!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@Bex953172 big hugs to you! It's nice to see you 😊💖

@lafayettenana I hope you recover very quickly!

@Snowflake1968 that is AWESOME about the breathing at your swim lesson, you should be so proud!!

Yesterday I struggled again and went way over my calories. I'm not sure what my deal is this week, but it WILL NOT happen today. 😤

Yesterday 5/10:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😞
    3. Go for a walk at lunch😁
    4. Finish work at 5:15😞
    5. Do full weekly report at work😁
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills😁

JFT 5/11:

1. Give Rukia her a.m. pills 😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Get a minimum of 5,000 steps
    4. Buy mother's day gift
    5. Do workout
    6. Give Rukia her p.m. pills
    7. Buy groceries
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Been sick since Thursday night. Friday I slept as much as possible and I hoping today is the last of this silly sickness. I'm going to spend the weekend recovering as much as possible. Today is my son's 17th B-Day and I have a Final Exam at 8 pm tonight, so we'll see how it goes.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,797 Member
    Options
    JFT - Friday May 10 - DETERMINED
    2L of water - 🙂
    Calories in green - 😒
    Walk 1 Mile - so close when I was shopping
    Plank Challenge - 👿
    5 Fruits and Veggies -2/5
    Only 1 evening Snack - 👿
    5 something at bathroom break - 👿
    Something on commercials - 👿
    Write in Journal - 🙂
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices - 😏 considering how exhausted I was I think I did the best I could.

JFT - Saturday May 11 - DETERMINED
    2L of water
    Calories in green
    Walk 1 Mile
    Plank Challenge
    5 Fruits and Veggies
    Only 1 evening Snack
    5 something at bathroom break
    Something on commercials
    Write in Journal
    Do not disappoint myself, be conscious of my choices

I have the kids today while Lauryn is at work. I will finish her gifts and wrap them and have Jonah make a card for her. Michaela made one last weekend so I will give her an envelope to decorate today.

Today marks the 10th anniversary of me being smoke free. When I started that journey I swore I would never have another cigarette and that I wouldn’t gain weight when I did it. I didn’t gain the weight until three years later but I’m sure by my 11th anniversary I will be down. I have never had another cigarette.

Rodger woke me up early this morning and now has gone back for a nap himself. I may curl up on the couch, I still feel tired.

Have a great day everyone.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,367 Member
    edited May 2019
    Options
    nlmackey98 wrote: »

JFT Friday
    - Up by 6:30 :( more like 7:15
    - Weigh in :smiley: more reasonable loss of 0.2. My clothes weigh exactly 2# today
    - Pack up flowers to deliver to folks at work. (fundraiser) :smiley:
    - Go over special details for a few tests with the laboratorians. :smiley:
    - Clean up Career Development form (might as well update resume at the same time) :smiley:
    - Check up on MFP folks :smiley:
    - Reprogram instrument to deal with increase concentrations for non-routine samples :smiley:
    - Leave work by 4:30 ;) Gave up and left at 4:00.
    - Pick up youngest from practicing her audition piece for tomorrow. :smiley:
    - LAUNDRY :smile: well one load
    - FLOORS :(
    - Dinner ??? Hubby cooked
    - ????? I laid about and ate. I was hungry, but my choices were poor

JFT Saturday
    - Sleep in a little :smiley:
    - Laundry :smiley: started
    - Downstairs floors :smiley: you see every dog hair on the new floors
    - Iron Vs outfit :smiley:
    - Clean bathrooms :smiley:
    - Take V to her audition
    - Try to clean dog hair out of hubby’s car
    - Check in on S race today
    - Go to my mom’s and do a few things for her
    - Pick up V
    - Continue Laundry
    - Dinner to stay green

Positive Thought: All that is good comes from God.

Back on the horse today. I will not allow my overindulgence of yesterday halt may progress.

• lafayettenana
    lafayettenana Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Snowflake1968 congrats on 10 years smoke free. I quit years ago too and it just goes to show that habits can be changed. Still working on other habits to break. :#

Have a good weekend everyone
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    I won’t be posting much for the next week. The surgery went well. It’s been about 24 hours and DARN the nerve block has worn off so I’ll be managing pain now. My hubby has gotten lots of healthy food for me. Not really hungry yet. Take care everyone

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jointreplacementsupport/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2348888488/

they are both very helpful!!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options

JFT, 5-10-19

1. No candy tonight :DWell I managed to stay away from the candy but ate 4 snack cakes...
    2. Wash the sandwich containers in the sink :)Ended up doing all of the dishes in the sink...and then made dinner so there are a few more in there that I have to clean
    3. Bag the dirty clothes for tomorrow :)Most of them. Got the rest in today and boy was it stuffed! Had trouble closing the bag!
    4. Make the skillet meal that's in the freezer :)Very tasty but went right through Matt. *sigh*
    5. Hang out with Matt :)We both just hang out on the couch
    6. Drink 4 water bottles/ cups of water :)WAAAY more. Probably closer to 7 or 8. And each refill of the bottle was 24oz. I was in the bathroom A LOT.

Had a decent night last night. Matt woke me up with coffee this morning. He snuck out of bed and woke me up with a freshly made cup. He makes it really well. Lol. And then we cuddled on the couch for like an hour and a half watching baseball. I kinda was in and out of dozing. It was really nice. So I'm thinking today will be a good day.

JFT, 5/11/19

1. Attempt to log my food (the good, the bad, and the ugly)
    2. Laundry :smile: Already started
    3. Pick up groceries :smile: Done. Got everything I need to make Mom beef stew for dinner tomorrow
    4. Work on a story...any story. Just write something!!
    5. DO THE F***ING DISHES!!!!
    6. Night routine
    7. Bed at a reasonable time
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 11 May

I didn't post goals but I've had a lovely relaxing day and I've met my Fitbit excercise goals so I'm happy with today's efforts

• clicketykeys
    Options
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Reigned in my people pleasing yesterday. Told mom sorry, but I cant do the game on such short notice but we will still have our sleepover. She of course is fine with that and totally understands. DH appologized for his attitude yesterday morning. Realizing more every day i cant control a situation only my reaction to it.

Glad to hear that your mom is understanding about it! Are you going to... the greenhouse, I think?