JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Good morning! I did okay yesterday but not great. This week at work has been a week from Hell. There is just so much to do and not enough time to do it in and I'm really struggling to keep up. There is no one else that knows my position so I can't really get help in that regard. I stayed late several times this past week but I can't make that a habit again as that is really bad for my mental health.

I know I need to be better at setting work boundaries but it's really hard when we are a very small company and the amount of work I get done in one day directly impacts the flow of everything and how quickly our clients can receive their orders. Everything I do at work is time sensitive so I just feel like I have this huge weight on my shoulders and I don't know when it will subside. The only new person my boss wants to (and has hired) is a sales rep to bring us even more business which then will create even more workload .. I'm drowning...

@maryrobinson40 I'm so happy to see you back and so sad to see you're crying πŸ˜” big big hugs, and you're looking gorgeous as always!

@Bex953172 I guess that makes sense, I just want to be fair! I am extremely susceptible to bloating (yayyyy genes lol) so there have been times where I've lost up to 7 lbs of water in a 24 hour period 😳

@littleblackskirt I am so so sorry, big hugs to you, we're all here for you!

@Snowflake1968 you can do this I believe in you!

Yesterday 10/11:

1. Stay within calorie goalπŸ˜”
    2. Finish work at 5:20πŸ˜”
    3. Do NOT let stress take overπŸ˜”
    4. Light cleaningπŸ˜”

JFT 10/12:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Do NOT let stress take over
    3. Light cleaning
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,206 Member
    Options
    Year 2017 Jan 1: 217
    Year 2018 January 1: 195.5
    Year 2019 January : 206
    Feb 1, 2019: 201.6
    March 4: 205
    April 1: 196.8
    May 5: 195
    June: : 191.2
    July: 192.4
    August: 189.4
    September: 184.6

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 1
    NAME: Joan
    SW :187.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 1)
    GW for this challenge: 182.6
    CW: 188.6 = didn't do so great with this challenge.

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2 -- Starting Date Thursday, Aug 29
    SW :188.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 2)
    GW for this challenge: 183.6
    CW: 184.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3 -- Starting Date Tuesday, September 24
    SW :184.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 3)
    GW for this challenge: 180 (my goal is to get to 178... and be out of the overweight on the charts! Those last few pounds are so hard to get off it seems!
    CW: 182.6 (current weight today)

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4 -- Starting Date Tuesday, October 8
    SW :182.6 (starting weight for the 5 pound challenge - round 4)
    GW for this challenge: 177.6 --- This would put me in the "normal" weight range... something I have been trying to do for the past 2 years, but just could never get there!!
    CW: 181.6 (current weight today) -1

My goal are basically the same. I am going to do this until these become habits.. then I will change them. Trying to keep it simple

So my goals for tomorrow, Saturday, Oct 12
    1. GO TO THE GYM
    2. work in the yard
    3. taking daughter out for breakfast, but I will eat my eggs here, and just get a diet soda
    4. going to the mall with my daughter .. going to the Yankee candle store!
    5. get out halloween decorations
    6. clean garage so we can paint garage door
    7. dig up ornamental grass for my neighbor, and plant some in another neighbors yard (this neighbor is 80, and needs help).
    8. clean up our yard (it is suppose to be near 60 out!)
    9. MINDFUL EATING
    10. WATER

Plus my regular ones:
    Goals for today
    1. mindful eating
    2. drink 4 glasses of water before I drink a diet pepsi
    3. 8+ water
    4. drink water in the evening ... no snacking, or just ONE planned snack
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options

Just for Friday
    Eat only between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. :)
    Eat no sugar, no flour foods :)
    Journal everything I eat :)
    Drink 80 oz of water >:)
    30 minutes of activity >:)
    30 minutes of self-care :)
    Podcasts :)
    Evening routine - brush/floss, wash face & moisturize, gratitude journal, spiritual readings, Calm app and lights out by 10:30 :)except the moisturizing

So far, so good! It's getting easier to not grab the candy or ice cream. Each day that goes by without it makes it a little easier the next day. But I have to keep my guard up all the time around it. Tomorrow is my "joy meal" day where I get 2 meals of anything I want. So, I'm trying to figure out what that will be. The Packers play on Monday Night Football this week, but normally they'd be playing on Sunday so that's why I chose Sundays to be my joy meal days. Gotta love football munchies!

@maryrobinson40 I'm so sorry to hear you have been crying. I am praying for the Lord to wrap his arms around you and give you a big hug and bring you peace, honey.

Just for Saturday
    Eat only between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
    Eat no sugar, no flour foods
    Journal everything I eat
    Drink 80 oz of water
    30 minutes of activity
    30 minutes of self-care
    Podcasts
    Declutter at least one drawer in kitchen or bathroom.
    Evening routine - brush/floss, wash face & moisturize, gratitude journal, spiritual readings, Calm app and lights out by 10:30

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 186 -2.6
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I started the 5lb challenge this tune up even more than the last time.

Oct 9 - 191.2
    Oct 10 - 190
    Oct 11 - 191.8
    Today - 191

My goal for this next week is to get back into the 180’s.

Today I am going to clean, do laundry and then I have to go outside and sand some wood slices to start getting ready for craft fair season again. We aren’t doing as many this year, but are doing a few to help offset Christmas expenses.

Tomorrow is our Thanksgiving dinner with the family.

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    @littleblackskirt I am so sorry to hear about your mom! You have had a lot thrown at you and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and in my prayers. I'm sending you hugs, and I hope you can feel them.

@aubyshortcake I totally agree with @snowflake1968! I also left a position like that near the end of 2017. I used the entire year of 2017 trying to figure out how to rid myself of stress. Don't let it make you sick. Hugs to you.

@Snowflake1968 Sending you :heart: just because.... :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    @littleblackskirt So sorry about your parents. Sending positive vibes your way. πŸ’•πŸ’–πŸ’•

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb πŸ˜ƒ
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    12/10: CW: 155.9 - 0.1 We went out for a meal last night, and although I was under goal I think the meal was high sodium, so I'm hoping this is mostly water weight, which should shift fairly quickly.

JFT: Sat 12 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise 🌟 did 50 mins line dancing.
    • am: local shopping🌟
    • Buy new winter shoes 😏 not yet!
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟 underwear

JFT: Sun 13 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • Visit DED and grandsons
    • Stay up to date with chores
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options

JFT 10/12
    Shopping for work :) done!
    Figure out play date for L :) girls were happy to play together, and I’m glad to have arranged it
    Track and stay green :'( two days in a row over. Need to do better tomorrow
    Walk :) 19k steps
    Self care - massage! :) I needed this!

Today was a nice day. My daughter won her soccer game and got errands done early. Enjoyed an evening out at the local fall fest.

JFT 10/13
    Need to track and stay green
    Walk
    Visit dad
    Do back exercises
    Clean one room
    Make soup

• CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday 13/10/19
    Look for motivational images in my photo albums πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Read 20 pages of « Story TellingΒ Β» book πŸ‹πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    Make a rough draft of my portfolio πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Mindfulness session πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

I guess the weekend really makes me have a different type of motivation or need. I just couldn’t get myself to work on most of the goals set these past 2 days... that is new data. I will see if I continue to set goals outside of body preoccupation on the weekends.

JFT Monday 14/10/19
    Mindfulness session in AM
    Groceries
    Visualisation exercise
    Respond to R email

@littleblackskirt - sorry to hear about your parents. Hang in there. Sending you much strength and love
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    I started the 5lb challenge this time up even more than the last time.

Oct 9 - 191.2
    Today - 189.2 - I’m sure a lot of this loss is water weight. I finally got all of my water in yesterday.

This morning I have to make some pies, cook some potatoes for my dressing and run to the grocery store for a few last minute things. We aren’t having dinner until around 6 we both of my girls are working today.

@litlleblackskirt hugs to you, I hope one of your siblings if you have any can come help you out.
  • Iamfocusingonme
    Iamfocusingonme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just for today I am going to log everything
    That all I want to focus on for now. I think starting small and learning along the way is the best way for myself
  • PackerFanInGB
    Options

Just for Saturday
    Eat only between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. :smile:
    Eat no sugar, no flour foods :smile:
    Journal everything I eat :smile:
    Drink 80 oz of water :fearful:
    30 minutes of activity :fearful:Wasn't feeling real well yesterday. Still sore from fall I took Thursday night.
    30 minutes of self-care :smile:
    Podcasts :smile:
    Declutter at least one drawer in kitchen or bathroom. :fearful:
    Evening routine - brush/floss, wash face & moisturize, gratitude journal, spiritual readings, Calm app and lights out by 10:30 :smile:

Hopping on quick so I can post my goals. Been a busy morning. Had to run to Urgent Care clinic to get some fasting labs drawn for the Integrative Medicine doctor I saw last week. Now I'm getting ready to go on a private tour of Lambeau field. I'm pretty excited! My friend from work has a relative that works there and is allowed to give a tour twice a year and really go behind-the-scenes, so we will see places there that most people never see. I'm such a Packer fan, and for me this is a once in a lifetime chance. and he is doing it for free! :smiley:

Hope everyone has a good day! I'll hop back on later!

Just for Sunday
    Eat only between 10:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
    Eat no sugar, no flour foods
    Journal everything I eat
    Drink 80 oz of water
    30 minutes of activity
    30 minutes of self-care
    Podcasts
    If you meet someone famous from the ESPN Monday Night Football crew or one of the Packers, DO NOT FAWN like a teenage girl meeting one of the Jonas brothers!
    Evening routine - brush/floss, wash face & moisturize, gratitude journal, spiritual readings, Calm app and lights out by 10:30

DISCARD 5 LB CHALLENGE #4
    SW: 188.6 on 10/8
    CW: 186 -2.6
    GW: 183.6 would be a 5 lb loss

WOY 2019: TENACITY I will NOT give up!

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,130 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. πŸ˜‚

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb πŸ˜ƒ
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    13/10: CW: 155.0 - 1 Yep!!! Water weight!

JFT: Sun 13 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌟
    • Visit DED and grandsons 🌟
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟aromatherapy oils

JFT: Mon 14 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: prep for painting w/shop
    • 2pm: Painting w/shop: Silhouettes
    • Stay up to date with chores
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    1. AM run: 3 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Groceries. Write a blog post. Deposit checks.
    3. Date day! Zoo? Lunch/dinner with B.
    4. Read 20 pages of Just Mercy.
    5. Put laundry away. Prep saag.
    6. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 6:00.
    7. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Another weekend down. I'm SO glad that I have tomorrow off! And then next weekend I'm not scheduled for Sunday.
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options

JFT 10/13
    Need to track and stay green :smile: I hope I don’t spoil it with last minute snacking
    Walk :smiley: two walks in, one leisurely with family and one a bit faster paced.
    Visit dad :smile: he thought I was his sister but oh well
    Do back exercises :smile:
    Clean one room :| more like half a room but I’m Ok with that
    Make soup :) Caribbean black bean for lunches this week, filling and low cal

Today was a low key day, but nice. I enjoyed a trip to a local park with family, and was happy i didn’t give into my craving to hit Starbucks or Wawa for calorie laden drinks.

JFT 10/14
    Finish year end accomplishments at work
    Track and stay green
    Exercise
    Finish cleaning bedroom
    Make egg salad

• CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday 14/10/19
    Mindfulness session in AM πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    Groceries πŸ§˜πŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    Visualisation exercise πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈ
    Respond to R email πŸŠπŸ»β€β™€οΈ

Mhhh.... not great. Trying again tomorrow. It has to be a consistent practice I suppose. And I am changing things quite a bit so I don’t feel down for not reaching goals.

Hope you are all well

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your messages of support, it helps :)

JFT Monday 14th October

Do back exercises
    Do not buy chocolate
    Do big pile of work laundry
    Get on top of housework
    Hospital visits
    Look after son's pets

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 14/10 179 -2lbs
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've not been awol this time lol! I have been reading @littleblackskirt I'm sorry to hear what happened, how is everything now?

We didn't have the girls Friday night to sat night so me and Ash had a bit of a treat night. But on Saturday we went for an hour long walk!

I'm finding it hard to get my exercise in. Ash has started coming downstairs for dinner and then watching telly together afterwards Which is GREAT that he can do that now because his agoraphobia used to keep him in his bedroom a lot.

But that was also my exercise time and I don't want to say to him can you just stay upstairs a bit longer. And I don't want an audience whilst exercising.

Soooo not sure what to do with that.
    I still do at least 3 walks a day with school run x2 and dog walk. Which is helping me stay in the green but I really want to do some vigorous exercise!

Anyway
    Goals are to
    - Get water in
    - Log!! (Been slacking on this a bit!)
    - And walking exercise.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 14 October

Our friends have just left after a 10 day visit. I didn't set goals whilst they were here as I knew I'd not keep to them. I've put on a few pounds eating and drinking too much and not excercising so it's time to get back on track. I have read your posts and send hugs to all.

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - start the loss process.