JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,480 Member
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Hugs to @littleblackskirt! So sorry you are going through this.

JFT 10/14 M
    1) Walked dog before work 3.49 mi 1:03:27 ~ first time in ages the sky was clear before sunrise, and I could see Orion ~ stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    4) Complete GA-S(P) records request list / prep check-in list & email to M & T (cc Ben) / prep name tags for Wed. seminar (maybe fill holders & alphabetize during Packers game on tv)
    5) Evening: dig out compost & fill containers / make supper w/ hubby (he has federal holiday off, I don't) / make apple sour cream cake for dept. food day T / bed not too late after game ends

Last Sat. a.m. I walked in the Run for the Hill of It 5K. It was cold (I wore my fleece lined pants, wool socks, gloves & winter headband), very windy, and muddy. And totally fun! At one point, a deer crossed the trail in front of us, got caught in branches trying to cross the creek, and managed to free itself and scramble up the bank. The sledding hill section at the finish was altered somewhat due to muddy conditions, and I managed to get up the hill in 1:58. :star: Total time of 48:06. :smiley:

My Fitbit said I was on an elliptical, and my heart rate was at Peak for 73% of the race. Not bad for a trail event with hilly sections, tree roots, rocks and mud... had to slow in some spots to navigate; my shoes and pants knee-downward were mud-spattered but I stayed dry.

Afterwards, one of the runners (cute male maybe half (?) my age) saw me take a big cookie and said "that kind of defeats the purpose." I laughed and said I do this so I CAN eat the big cookie! Life is too short to not eat big cookies. :wink:
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

JFT 10/14 M
    1) Walked dog before work 3.49 mi 1:03:27 ~ first time in ages the sky was clear before sunrise, and I could see Orion ~ stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    4) Complete GA-S(P) records request list / prep check-in list & email to M & T (cc Ben) / prep name tags for Wed. seminar (maybe fill holders & alphabetize during Packers game on tv)
    5) Evening: dig out compost & fill containers / make supper w/ hubby (he has federal holiday off, I don't) / make apple sour cream cake for dept. food day T / bed not too late after game ends

Last Sat. a.m. I walked in the Run for the Hill of It 5K. It was cold (I wore my fleece lined pants, wool socks, gloves & winter headband), very windy, and muddy. And totally fun! At one point, a deer crossed the trail in front of us, got caught in branches trying to cross the creek, and managed to free itself and scramble up the bank. The sledding hill section at the finish was altered somewhat due to muddy conditions, and I managed to get up the hill in 1:58. :star: Total time of 48:06. :smiley:

My Fitbit said I was on an elliptical, and my heart rate was at Peak for 73% of the race. Not bad for a trail event with hilly sections, tree roots, rocks and mud... had to slow in some spots to navigate; my shoes and pants knee-downward were mud-spattered but I stayed dry.

Afterwards, one of the runners (cute male maybe half (?) my age) saw me take a big cookie and said "that kind of defeats the purpose." I laughed and said I do this so I CAN eat the big cookie! Life is too short to not eat big cookies. :wink:

LOL as if someone said something.
    I would of looked at him dead in the eyes and took another bite lol!!!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options

EXACTLY!!!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,129 Member
    Options
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 167.4
    GW: 162.4
    28/08: 162.4 - 5 lb It’s taken almost the whole month! And I could be up again tomorrow. 😂

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 2
    SW: 162.4 (28/08)
    GW: 157.4
    25/09: CW: 157.2 - 5.2
    WOO! HOO! 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 3
    SW: 157.2 (26/09)
    GW: 152.2
    07/10: CW: 155.8 - 1.4 lb 😃
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 4
    SW: 156.0 (08/10)
    GW: 151
    14/10: CW: 154.6 - 1.4 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

JFT: Mon 14 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection 🌟
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate 🌟
    • Knee Physio 🌟
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise🌟
    • am: prep for painting w/shop🌟
    • 2pm: Painting w/shop: Silhouettes 🌟
    • Stay up to date with chores 🌟
    • 7000+ steps🌟
    • 15 mins declutter🌟 art materials

JFT: Tue 15 Oct
    • Meditation/Reflection
    • Log CICO/in the green/hydrate
    • Knee Physio
    • 25 + mins intentional exercise
    • am: Patchwork Group
    • Stay up to date with chores
    • 7000+ steps
    • 15 mins declutter
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options

chemjenny wrote: »

JFT 10/14
    Finish year end accomplishments at work :)
    Track and stay green :'( I was doing so well but some cookies were my downfall. Very annoyed with myself
    Exercise :)
    Finish cleaning bedroom :'( lazy today
    Make egg salad :/ outsourced to hubby

Today was a blah day. Lost steam at the end of the day and gave in to my cravings. Boo.

JFT 10/15
    Track and stay green, even with lunch out
    Visit dad
    Buy oven mitt
    Call vet
    Do back exercises

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. AM run: 2 miles. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea!
    2. Lifting early! Update next unit plan and print.
    3. Grade poetry projects and enter.
    4. Read 20 pages of Just Mercy. Update Goodreads.
    5. Put laundry away. Prep saag.
    6. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:00.
    7. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create unit plan for Malala. Put jewelry away. Fold laundry. Complete bartending course. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. Request parent meeting with KC and BW.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 191.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Oct 29 8 AM. Onco Oct 22 9:30. PCP Schedule for July. ObG Oct 22 10:30. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: What's next?
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike night for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter.

WFTY: Climbing. Today and tomorrow are fall break; tomorrow is a teacher work day. We went to the zoo today. It was absolutely beautiful outside.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Monday 14 October

Our friends have just left after a 10 day visit. I didn't set goals whilst they were here as I knew I'd not keep to them. I've put on a few pounds eating and drinking too much and not excercising so it's time to get back on track. I have read your posts and send hugs to all.

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green >:) but not by as much as recently
    5 fruit and veg >:) 4
    Water >:) not sure as I didn't log
    Fitbit excercise goals :)
    Attend to Happy Scale trend - start the loss process :# not properly.

• bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So today I worked so hard outside all day, and I was so hungry right before dinner. I knew that was a entire box of peppridge farms chocolate chip cookies in the pantry. ... and I almost grabbed one. But I stopped myself, peeled a orange, and was so proud of my NSV. Then I ate a very healthy dinner ... huge salad with hard boiled eggs, lots of veggies, and a greek yogurt.

what happened. Well, after dinner, I decided I would eat "just one" of those cookies. I ended up eating the entire bag ... yes. ... 8 cookies. I am so upset and mad at myself. I have lost 25 pounds since april. I am only 4 pounds from being out of the "overweight" section, and being in the healthy, normal range. And I just can't seem to get there. I go up and down with my weight ... I just want to get to that number. And then I do something like I did tonite. For no reason... other than it just sounded good.

How is it that in just a mere seconds, I can scarf down that many cookies. Now, I am sick (literally).

But I have to put this aside, and start again tomorrow, and remember how far I have come ... not what I still need to lose. But sometimes, that is hard to do.

SO JFT, Tomorrow, Tues
    1. Log ALL food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. think before I eat
    5. drink water in the evenings .. which is my worse time.

You're doing really well! We all slip and eat the cookies sometimes, but you're nearly there.

You're only 4 pounds away - that's fantastic. You WILL get there. The key thing is to be patient and not worry about losing those last 4 pounds too quickly. Focus on keeping the other 25 off, having good habits - wherever you can, we can't be perfect all the time - and they WILL come off!

I listened to this Half Size Me podcast the other day where a lady was aiming to lose 10 pounds in 10 years. It sounds like ages, but you know what? If she does it, at the end of it she'll be 10 pounds lighter - a great place to be. As opposed to trying to lose 10 pounds in 10 days (I'm exaggerating), getting disillusioned, eating your feeling, and ending up 10 pounds heavier.

Now I'm not advocating taking THAT long to lose 10 pounds, but I do think there is something to be said for taking those last few pounds slowly and focusing as much as you can on the habits rather than on the scale. I know that's hard to do, but just think about how far you've come. You've done so well! I bet the Joan at starting weight would be absolutely thrilled with where you are now - and not that bothered about 4lb!
  • bookmeister86
    Options

JFT 10/14 M

Who DOESN'T exercise so they can eat? Weirdos... :smile:

That reminds me of when I had an induction at a gym once. While I was exercising I mentioned to the PT that I like exercising cos it means I can eat more. He laughed like it was the funniest thing anyone had ever said to him. I was like, what's funny....? :D
  • CocoLoris
    CocoLoris Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday 15/10/19
    Draft a reply to Rebecca 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Watch 1 video on Youtube watch later list 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Mindfulness session in AM PM 🧘🏼‍♀️
    Journal - digital or paper 🏊🏻‍♀️
    Add 1 page to journal (log book) 🧘🏼‍♀️

@mytime6630 - I can sense you are really frustrated with your weight fluctuations and not yet reaching a major milestone.
    And you eating these (I’m sure - delicious) cookies is a way to momentarily feel good from being frustrated. But you are doing great ! Your goal is to get into a healthy range for your height and you have worked hard for it. Some cookies are not going to invalidate your progress. Enjoy the cookies and enjoy the journey, you will eventually get there as it is obviously important for you.
    Hang in there and appreciate what you have already done.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    So today I worked so hard outside all day, and I was so hungry right before dinner. I knew that was a entire box of peppridge farms chocolate chip cookies in the pantry. ... and I almost grabbed one. But I stopped myself, peeled a orange, and was so proud of my NSV. Then I ate a very healthy dinner ... huge salad with hard boiled eggs, lots of veggies, and a greek yogurt.

what happened. Well, after dinner, I decided I would eat "just one" of those cookies. I ended up eating the entire bag ... yes. ... 8 cookies. I am so upset and mad at myself. I have lost 25 pounds since april. I am only 4 pounds from being out of the "overweight" section, and being in the healthy, normal range. And I just can't seem to get there. I go up and down with my weight ... I just want to get to that number. And then I do something like I did tonite. For no reason... other than it just sounded good.

How is it that in just a mere seconds, I can scarf down that many cookies. Now, I am sick (literally).

But I have to put this aside, and start again tomorrow, and remember how far I have come ... not what I still need to lose. But sometimes, that is hard to do.

SO JFT, Tomorrow, Tues
    1. Log ALL food
    2. mindful eating
    3. concentrate on 8+ water
    4. think before I eat
    5. drink water in the evenings .. which is my worse time.

It's kinda weird isn't it, that we do things over and over again when we know it makes us feel bad after, yet we don't learn from it!!
    I'm constantly making the same mistakes over and over and it drives my partner nuts!

Maybe, you could try that thing again, where before you eat anything, ask yourself how you will feel afterwards. So for example, you allowed yourself one cookie, and you thought that because it would probably fit in your calories AND you'd feel good because you've done well and you deserve a treat.
    That's fine.
    But you should of asked (before you ate the first one) but how would I feel if I ate more than one, or the whole pack.
    Maybe stick a post-it note on the cupboard saying "How many will make me regret it?" To remind yourself to think before eating!
  • bookmeister86
    Options
    Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat
    - Stick to food plan
    - Be in the green
    - 4+ bottles water

- No eating whilst standing
    - Savour every bite
    - Talk back to sabotaging thoughts
    - Give myself credit!
    - Stay positive

- 45+ minute lunch break
    - Finish work by 7.30pm
    - French chat + 1 other French thing
    - Holiday prep
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11

Words for 2019: Mindful Moderation
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Tuesday 15 October

I struggled yesterday, bad habits seem to establish themselves much more easily than good ones! At least the scale didn't go up any further. Shopping today and I will stock up on fruit and veg, my visitors much preferred cake and creamy dessert ......

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit excercise goals
    Attend to Happy Scale trend
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your messages of support, it helps :)

JFT Monday 14th October

Do back exercises no
    Do not buy chocolate yes, was difficult though!
    Do big pile of work laundry half done
    Get on top of housework only some of it
    Hospital visits yes
    Look after son's pets yes

I'm annoyed with myself that I didn't do my exercises. They are a full set given to me by the physio, and they and the acupuncture have been helping. I was hoping to ease myself back into walking and build up my back strength again. But all the running around re parents has set me back, I could hardly move by bedtime last night. I will just have to try and be careful.

JFT Tuesday 15th October

Do back exercises
    Do not buy chocolate
    No snacking
    More laundry
    Hospital visits
    Pets

DISCARD 5LBS CHALLENGE 4

NAME: Ellie
    SW: 181
    GW: 176
    CW: 15/10 180 -1lbs

• awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Tuesday
    1. Log all food
    2. Gym drink 150oz water
    3. Eat lectin free
    4. Meditate
    5. Journal
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning! @Snowflake1968 I needed that, thank you - you are exactly right. I've made a promise to myself for this week to not stay late on any of the days whether I'm finished or not I just can't stay.

JFT 10/15:
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Stop and THINK before reaching for all the snacks
    3. Finish work by 5:20
    4. Cook dinner
    5. Do dishes
    6. Wash clothes
  • cschmitz110515
    Options

JFT 10/14 M

Who DOESN'T exercise so they can eat? Weirdos... :smile:

That reminds me of when I had an induction at a gym once. While I was exercising I mentioned to the PT that I like exercising cos it means I can eat more. He laughed like it was the funniest thing anyone had ever said to him. I was like, what's funny....? :D

TOTALLY agree!!! :)

Thanks for all the comments about my big cookie, everyone. You made me smile. :smiley:
  • cschmitz110515
    edited October 2019
    Options
    Recap 10/14 M
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 16,557 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 46 floors :smiley:
    3) Meals & snacks prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water = Net cals green :mrgreen: , sodium -86, sugar -1 :smiley: , fiber & protein good, 14c water
    4) Complete GA-S(P) records request list :neutral: ran into some complications & in progress / prep check-in list & email to M & T (cc Ben) :) more complications & numerous emails for payments due reconcilement but I think finally ready / prep name tags for Wed. seminar :) ditto more complications, had to make edits in Admin mode & ran out of holders (maybe fill holders & alphabetize during Packers game on tv work day :) )
    5) Evening: dig out compost & fill containers :smiley: hubby dug & I assisted ~ he was impressed that I didn't scream when mouse ran by, then laughed when I screeched (a little) when chipmunk caught me by surprise and nearly ran over my foot / make supper w/ hubby :smiley: (he has federal holiday off, I don't) / make sour cream apple cake for (autumn theme) dept. food day T :) finally in oven at start of halftime ~ whew! / bed not too late after game ends ~ and what a game! Last second field goal won it! :smiley: 10:35 :)

JFT 10/15 T
    1) Walked dog before work 3.52 mi 1:03:36 cloudy skies, so couldn't see Orion, but light rain started only in last mile / stretched after = happy dog & happy me :smiley:
    3) Breakfast & supper prelogged / food day in dept. since 3 bdays w/in 8 days ~ heavy on the sweets this time & I'm not going to log b/c would be total guesses but keep portions limited / 14c water
    4) Complete GA-S(P) records request list / start GA-C/V records request list / out of office message / other?
    5) Evening: Office Max for name tag holders / gas in car / finalize remaining name tags / make leek soup / empty yard waste containers at curb for pick-up / wash dishes / charge LED headlamp & dog collar / other?
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / bed & tv off 9:45 (leave home 7:00 a.m.)
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Goals for Thurs

I wanted to ask you all a question, when you were at your heaviest did you get more problems with your digestion? I quite frequently have stomach problems, mostly trapped wind and bloating, heartburn and feeling nauseous leaving me feel very uncomfortable.
    But I'm pretty sure it's not IBS or any medical condition, I'm pretty sure it's not an intolerance. I can't really seem to pin point it to anything other than maybe eating a few to many unhealthy snacks or eating late at night (even though they fit in my calories)

Will losing weight help this do you think?
    I'm not really one for going to the Drs.

I swear when I was eating well and exercising my body ran like a well oiled clock. When I started adding back empty calories and massive quantities of carbs I felt it. I don't know that it is the weight as much as the nutrition, but I have more tummy issues now than ever before.