Keto - My 2018 Journey losing 140 pounds on Keto~

Options
AnointedBlue
AnointedBlue Posts: 19 Member
edited January 2019 in Success Stories
Since Doing Keto and transforming my life to the Ketogenic way of living I have felt like a new man a changed man and now I feel it's my turn to give back by spreading the good Word of the ways of Ketogenic lifestyle and the story of my Journey and how I got to where I am today. I used to weighed 388 pounds and now I weigh 240 pounds.

5byugco1y1x2.jpg

[Edited by MFP Mods]

Replies

• saresimsr36
    saresimsr36 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I just started back at keto from last summer when I last did it. Question, did you allow for cheat days?
  • eve7166
    eve7166 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Good job! Been doing Keto for a few months now and have lost 44lbs. I do need to start working out more. Do you do weight lifting and cardio or just weights? I'm one of those scared to lift and gain weight lol. I know its stupid (im a logical person) but hard to move past the mindset. I also wonder about the cheat days. One cheat day has set me back a week!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's quite the accomplishment!
  • AnointedBlue
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Nice you two, that's good to hear. No I never felt I had to have myself a cheat day although at first when starting out is natural that you are urged or compelled to want to cheat but is when you use your sheer will not too after your body adapts over the couple weeks it becomes easier plus when ever I eat I feast in my meals which was 2 meals a day or one. Eventually I applied Intermittent fasting which further help sky rocket my weight loss. @ Eve, Yes eventually I did move in Weight training after I hit a certain amount of body weight. It's actually essential and I'll tell you why because if only stick to Cardio, eventually you will drop the desire weight but you will end up a chubby skinny looking mess almost a body without real form with pockets of remaining body fat trust me is not what you really want plus on that of that depend how much you lost you can result with a bad case loose skin which may vary among people all depends on many individual factors but still occurs so to truly prevent this you have to add weight training. Not only just to help you stay fit but help structure back your Glass bottle body under all of that weight and skin by building up your muscle and shedding the remaining body fat between your muscle and skin. So simply start out with what you feel comfortable with lifting in weights then every 2 -3 weeks you increment your weights 2.5 to 5 pounds to continue breaking and building up that new and improved figure of yours and yes I still do Cardio 15 - 20 minutes along with Weight training before our after it. I Hope this helped answer your question Eve trust me you will not regret it, sure you may put back a bit of weight but you will have gained so much more in the end and that will be worth it. Happy 2019!! Now Let's Go and Dominate our day! >=]
  • AnointedBlue
    edited January 2019
    Options
    sof8fm3rlaco.jpg
    Now me on Christmas Eve of 2018.
  • hotchachacha
    hotchachacha Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OP how tall are you? great work btw!!
  • LadyKinder97
    LadyKinder97 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’m just starting the Keto diet today. I’m a 5’2” woman. What should my daily fat intake be a day? Thanks and congrats on your weight loss!!
  • AnointedBlue
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Hotchacha I am 5'11" in height. And Congrats LadyKinder in making an effort towards a better version of yourself, you have a long journey ahead but with a little bit of work you too can get there ;) 💪the first two weeks your Macro intake percentages should be 75% Fat, 20% Protein and 5% Carbs. Now for Grams you would need to find that out in a Macro reading app everyone's body type is different. Depends on your Age and your daily Activity lifestyle to determine a proper reading then it will give you a rough estimate of how many grams and calories a day you should be roughly consuming but the trick is to stay at a 20% caloric deficit always while you eat this way you are guarantee to always be losing weight instead of just maintaining it. (Also depending if you are practicing Keto for a healthier style of living or simply to lose weight up to you.) Dont forget also to apply the Keto Diet way of eating, eat plenty of Fiberous leafy Greens you can have plenty of that ^_^ salads are golden you simply add everything else, your fats and yummy proteins then you will be off to a great start. Best of Luck! I'll be here if you need further help or advice. Soon I'll have my YouTube Channel up and running to further help and explain many Keto issues that people tend to ask or run into ;).. with that said, Let's Go and Dominate your day! Wooh!
  • queenfredabanquet
    Options
    Hello guys, my handle is Queensbanquet.. I have decided to try Keto Diet I am 59 years old and want to lose 60 lbs before my birthday in December . Dont know where to start should I do a detox first. Any suggestions appeciated.
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Congrats @AnointedBlue - outstanding success!

@queenfredabanquet - I would suggest you check out two MFP groups - one Low Carb (also includes lots of info on keto) and one specifically focused on Keto.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1143-keto

The low carb group is members only. You'll simply have to ask to be added to the group. If you decide you don't want to stay, you can simply delete yourself from the group.
  • missllaauurraa
    missllaauurraa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing and so much younger. I am starting today. I am excited and prepared! I did a lot of research and studied what is a carb and what they are in. I was surprised to find they are hidden everywhere from non dairy creamer to soda. Healthy fats verses not so good fat options.
    I am using a K E T O calculator from my dream shape.
    Keep up the great work! <3

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    @LadyKinder97 keto is more about the carb macro than fats or protein especially at first I found when I went Keto in Sept 2014. The first year I kept getting knocked out of nutritional ketosis due to factors @missllaauurraa mentioned. Keeping carbs to around 50 grams daily works good for me to stay in nutritional ketosis.

If one does not master the carb issue then ketosis never will happen.

With that being said I do eat a high fat diet. My first cup of coffee is around 800 calories due to coconut oil and half and half creamer added. For four years now I have been eating 2000-3000 calories daily but keeping my carbs down to about 50 grams daily.

Next month I turn 68 with better health and health markers than 30 years ago.

Keep in mind while not eating over 50 grams of carbs is typically required to do Keto the macros of fat and protein do really vary from person to person. I burned 50 pounds of my own fat the first year and it has not returned three years later. If I drop out of ketosis my pain levels start to go back up so I am lucky to have built in motivation to stay under 50 grams of carbs daily.

Best of success and check out some of the Keto sub forums here on MFP if you wish.
  • kristydenee79
    kristydenee79 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Keto today! Thanks for such an inspirational post!
  • AnointedBlue
    Options
    Thanks Bametels and Miss Laura for the support! I'm trying to give back to the Keto Community the way Keto has helped me by sharing my story. And to Queen I would suggest that you do start a Cleanser detox of your whole body first before doing anything this goes for anyone that wishes to start Keto and hasn't before .. this way your body can start at a clean slate and not have to deal with any health ailments being caused by toxicity levels in the body while doing Keto since it may hinder your results, that's exactly what I did before starting out the Ketogenic way of life. True fact!
  • AnointedBlue
    Options
    If anyone wishes to know more or ask any questions be sure to add me or post right here and I'll be more than happy to answer any question you may have about the Ketogenic diet. C:
  • __Chanda__
    __Chanda__ Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! I started back on Keto 12-26-18. I love this WOE.
  • cqdejavu
    cqdejavu Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's inspiring to read your story.
    I started Keto with OMAD somewhere in Sept / October and lost around 10kg / 20lb. I never paid attention to macro. It was a lifestyle change and I was not counting anything until now. Even with such relaxed diet, when I now see improvement (not very with weight but improvement in attitude, mood and waistline), i yesterday downloaded this app and started counting. I'm going to concentrate on 20% deficit from now on with more awareness. Hoping for the best.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!