1,000 calories in 1 hour? Almost.

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,463 Member
    If you jogged up stairs for an hour, you'd probably hit 1000 calories in an hour.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,753 Member
    It would take me close to two hours to that much. Yep, good economy of time spent.

Do you eat back most of those calories?
    Do you do anything else other than cardio?
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,851 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    2 calories more than when you posted the same in December, that's progress.

Oh, I thought it looked oddly familiar. While 9*170*0.67 checks out I doubt this equation would work on a threadmill as you're basically just jumping up and down and not propelling yourself forward.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    My FTP is around 275w, which means I can burn almost 1,000 kcals in an hour ... if I want to take the next three days off.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    edited January 2019
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I can tell you my treadmill states I burn 120 cals a mile at 3.125 mph... actually burn by a year of tracking 75 cals...

How is your burn so high? I only burn 35-45 per mile at faster speeds.
  • PaigeAnderson1793
    PaigeAnderson1793 Posts: 21 Member
    Nice work!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Congratulations - you burned more calories than any activity on LiveStrong's list of the 10 best cardio workouts in terms of calorie burn:

https://www.livestrong.com/article/18777-cardio-workout-burns-calories/

I have see lists that go higher with elite athletic activities going over 1000.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    edited January 2019
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    I can tell you my treadmill states I burn 120 cals a mile at 3.125 mph... actually burn by a year of tracking 75 cals...

You mean, "by a year of estimating..."

But regardless, your numbers/experience have nothing to do with OP's numbers.

Fair enough.... estimations only. Just like food tracking in off. It's just an example how much machines can actually be off. As a side note.. my "estimation" was actually 75.65, but, the .65 felt like bragging...Next time I will have to do a Vo2...

How is your burn so high? I only burn 35-45 per mile at faster speeds.

Could be differences in incline, body comp, I am male... ect...