caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    kace_kay wrote: »
    The 4i's club, only for people who wear glasses.... All the time.

So basically-
    Myself
    tinkerhellraiser
    DeadliftsAndSprinkles..... Sometimes

I feel left out, have you shunned me from the 4-eyes club?

Pouty face

Post a 4i's pouty face selfie and your in 🤝

Do you really wear glasses all the time?
    I couldn't make it home w/o mine lol

I do, mostly. I bought a 6 month box of contacts 2 years ago and still have some.

I sometimes walk around without my glasses on, my eyes are: left -2.75 and right -3, so definitely need correction, but not totally blind. Definitely needed to drive, and recognize people at a distance.

Well I'm a sucker for a pouty face... You're in Dude 👍🏼 lol...

Your honorary lapel pin is in the mail
    ta06cngbdp0p.jpg

Thanks J, happy for your inclusion!

But now I feel needy for pouting my way into a club....I'm too much of a cat for that!

I'm gonna start my own "Fake Not 4 Eyes" club for 4 eyes people who take their glasses off for pics or wear contacts (the true deceivers)!

Visionary Shapeshifters, that I know...
    kace_kay
    iMago
    SabAteNine
    caco_ethes
    RunHardBeStrong

...the people I know who switch it up...glasses/not

People I know and have missed...you've tricked me! Fess up, and apply for initiation!

Anyone else who is a shapeshifter between glasses and pretend good vision (even if only for pics) is welcome
    ...(If they can figure out the secret password!)

(I'll give you a hint if you want to be part of the " Fake Not 4 Eyes Visionary Shapeshifters Club")

And for the wordy purists, I know I'm maybe using 'visionary' wrong, but I like it in this context, twofold!

Yeahhhh I wanna join! I always wear glasses, just prefer to take pics without them. I have contacts but they tend to bother my eyes so I don't wear them often. And I think we're the same blindness, V!

3 of us with the same blindness!
    Contacts bother me too, I keep thinking I should use them up before they expire.
    Don't think I'll ever get Lasik, I like to "hide" behind my glasses
    I'm way too much a of puss to do Lasik! I have grown fond of glasses too, I feel weird when I don't wear, like they've become a part of my face. I've felt self conscious a bit with them still, my coworkers told me "you look so pretty without your glasses"... like ok, who dafuq asked you? I let their comment infiltrate my psyche so that's why I usually don't take selfies with them.

I take them off for selfies most often too because I'm self-conscious of my small features, glasses always look "big" on my face, especially in photos I think.

Get that about infiltrating psyche.

My vision is about -.5 in my left eye and -.25 in the right (after Lasik a few yrs ago) but i have severe astigmatism in both eyes so i need the glasses for working on my computer or night driving. I tend to wear them all day if I’m going to work though because the astigmatism correction makes me nauseous if i take them on and off too much. I don’t wear them if I’m not going to work.

We have a similar script @caco, I only need mine for computer work or lengthy reading cuz of my astigmatism. Once I put them on at work they have to stay on all day or it really messes with me. If I'm not working, they aren't on.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options

So basically-
    Myself
    tinkerhellraiser

Pouty face

I do, mostly. I bought a 6 month box of contacts 2 years ago and still have some.

I sometimes walk around without my glasses on, my eyes are: left -2.75 and right -3, so definitely need correction, but not totally blind. Definitely needed to drive, and recognize people at a distance.

ta06cngbdp0p.jpg

But now I feel needy for pouting my way into a club....I'm too much of a cat for that!

I'm gonna start my own "Fake Not 4 Eyes" club for 4 eyes people who take their glasses off for pics or wear contacts (the true deceivers)!

kace_kay
    iMago
    SabAteNine
    caco_ethes
    RunHardBeStrong

People I know and have missed...you've tricked me! Fess up, and apply for initiation!

Anyone else who is a shapeshifter between glasses and pretend good vision (even if only for pics) is welcome

(I'll give you a hint if you want to be part of the " Fake Not 4 Eyes Visionary Shapeshifters Club")

And for the wordy purists, I know I'm maybe using 'visionary' wrong, but I like it in this context, twofold!

Yeahhhh I wanna join! I always wear glasses, just prefer to take pics without them. I have contacts but they tend to bother my eyes so I don't wear them often. And I think we're the same blindness, V!

Contacts bother me too, I keep thinking I should use them up before they expire.
    I'm way too much a of puss to do Lasik! I have grown fond of glasses too, I feel weird when I don't wear, like they've become a part of my face. I've felt self conscious a bit with them still, my coworkers told me "you look so pretty without your glasses"... like ok, who dafuq asked you? I let their comment infiltrate my psyche so that's why I usually don't take selfies with them.

I take them off for selfies most often too because I'm self-conscious of my small features, glasses always look "big" on my face, especially in photos I think.

My vision is about -.5 in my left eye and -.25 in the right (after Lasik a few yrs ago) but i have severe astigmatism in both eyes so i need the glasses for working on my computer or night driving. I tend to wear them all day if I’m going to work though because the astigmatism correction makes me nauseous if i take them on and off too much. I don’t wear them if I’m not going to work.

So basically-
    Myself
    tinkerhellraiser

Pouty face

ta06cngbdp0p.jpg

kace_kay
    iMago
    SabAteNine
    caco_ethes
    RunHardBeStrong

We have a similar script @caco, I only need mine for computer work or lengthy reading cuz of my astigmatism. Once I put them on at work they have to stay on all day or it really messes with me. If I'm not working, they aren't on.

I only 'got' astigmatism recently, I get a bit of a dizzy feeling when I take my glasses off for a moment, but I see better up close without glasses, always have.

Curious now if astigmatism effects close vision and distance? Because my close up is super sharp but when I read I sometimes find myself closing one or the other eye. Wonder if this is because of the difference in correction needed or astigmatism, or just lazy? Maybe
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    crampus1 wrote: »
    I’ve heard rumors about secret groups and stuff. Not interested in that. I am, however, interested in Secret Clubs. I’m interested in good names for secret clubs, how the leadership is organized in secret clubs, handshakes? What is part of your secret club if you had one? What would it be called? What would the rules be? Come on, help an introvert out and blab, so I know what Secret Clubs are like!

If I told you anything about my Club, Id have to kill you.. and nobody wants that 😙
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    The first rule in Secret Clubs is "No one talks about Secret Clubs."
  • InkgirlKC
    InkgirlKC Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've never been asked. :o:'(
  • crampus1
    crampus1 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    I think that it is pretty clear that there are a LOT of secret clubs and groups and collectives and bands and such here at MFP. I have been asked to join no less that 73 over the course of my time here. Clearly my winning personality, dedication to fitness and and willingness to traffic in newdz has won me a cult following the likes of which has never been known. But I turned them all down. Because I am not a joiner.

The likes of which has never been known?! So you say. I’ve been asked to join no less than 74 times. So there!!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I think that it is pretty clear that there are a LOT of secret clubs and groups and collectives and bands and such here at MFP. I have been asked to join no less that 73 over the course of my time here. Clearly my winning personality, dedication to fitness and and willingness to traffic in newdz has won me a cult following the likes of which has never been known. But I turned them all down. Because I am not a joiner.

The likes of which has never been known?! So you say. I’ve been asked to join no less than 74 times. So there!!

You're a filthy liar and a four-flushing dragon slobberer. I challenge you to a duel.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    denny_mac wrote: »

You're a filthy liar and a four-flushing dragon slobberer. I challenge you to a duel.

yspquts4ekbo.gif

I wanna be the cat in this one because, damn, dose bangs.
  • crampus1
    Options

Shows what little you know. I don’t even eat flour. And I’m a drooler, not a slobberer!! Ha.
  • SwannySez
    Options

Shows what little you know. I don’t even eat flour. And I’m a drooler, not a slobberer!! Ha.

OMG! You see imaginary "l"s! This is SO much worse than I thought.
  • crampus1
    Options

OMG! You see imaginary "l"s! This is SO much worse than I thought.

So much BETTER than you thought
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    My bet is there's a secret club for people who use the word "rapscallion". I've seen it three times today which is more than my whole fekkin life.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    My bet is there's a secret club for people who use the word "rapscallion". I've seen it three times today which is more than my whole fekkin life.

that's just the Baader-Meinhof phenomenon.

you're def gonna see the word Baader-Meinhof irl now too
  • crampus1
    Options
    iMago wrote: »

We have a fish named that.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options

I'm familiar with that phenomenon.

But this isn't it. They weren't randomly dispersed occurrences. They all happened here, in one day.
  • SwannySez
    Options

I'm familiar with that phenomenon.

But this isn't it. They weren't randomly dispersed occurrences. They all happened here, in one day.

giphy.gif