Secret club stuff

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,503 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    If I had to be part of a secret club, I would join one requiring specific networth. I don't have time for people who don't like money, don't want to make money, don't know what it takes to make money and don't have money

If ten people to the left and right of me reflect my dedication to my goals (making more money), low networth individuals would be counter productive to my secret club ideals.

Gemma, although I'm not in your socio-economic bracket and not even close to it, I would agree with you that when it comes to close relationship and private conversation I do think that people in the same bracket are most compatible. I don't begrudge the affluent for wanting to stick with their own kind. I also prefer my own - hanging with the working class who are on the lower end of the wage scale. There's a camaraderie and an intrinsic understanding that is very appealing to me. They don't invite me to shin digs and trips I can't afford to take and I return the favor. We hang in front of the TV, chat at the kitchen table, go to a diner once in a while, take a drive or a walk by the ocean or in the woods or go to free/very reasonably priced events.

So yeah, online I like talking to all walks of life but in real life I'm comfortable with people who are similar to me in these ways.

This secret cyber group though, mentioned in this thread, I'm pretty sure is a gossip/ridicule group although they may get close to each other and segue into talking about other things - I don't know.

In an Inspector Clouseau voice: you seem to know a lot about these secret groups despite not being in one

I would never join a group with standards so low as they would welcome me as a member.

..... although, Rif-Raf do stick together.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    What if I have an 812 credit score but never use credit? Am I out on technicality?

Nope. Number are all that matter here. Well.... certain numbers
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    If I had to be part of a secret club, I would join one requiring specific networth. I don't have time for people who don't like money, don't want to make money, don't know what it takes to make money and don't have money

If ten people to the left and right of me reflect my dedication to my goals (making more money), low networth individuals would be counter productive to my secret club ideals.

Gemma, although I'm not in your socio-economic bracket and not even close to it, I would agree with you that when it comes to close relationship and private conversation I do think that people in the same bracket are most compatible. I don't begrudge the affluent for wanting to stick with their own kind. I also prefer my own - hanging with the working class who are on the lower end of the wage scale. There's a camaraderie and an intrinsic understanding that is very appealing to me. They don't invite me to shin digs and trips I can't afford to take and I return the favor. We hang in front of the TV, chat at the kitchen table, go to a diner once in a while, take a drive or a walk by the ocean or in the woods or go to free/very reasonably priced events.

So yeah, online I like talking to all walks of life but in real life I'm comfortable with people who are similar to me in these ways.

This secret cyber group though, mentioned in this thread, I'm pretty sure is a gossip/ridicule group although they may get close to each other and segue into talking about other things - I don't know.

In an Inspector Clouseau voice: you seem to know a lot about these secret groups despite not being in one

I would never join a group with standards so low as they would welcome me as a member.

Where do I recognise this from?
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Dunno.... maybe a Woody Allen quote?

(paraphrasing)

• RhiAnLewis17
    Options

(paraphrasing)

Ah no, Groucho Marx.
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,232 Member
    Options
    Groucho:

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Keep_on_cardio Posts: 4,166 Member
    Options
    Ended up in the jerky club, I thought it was Gherkins but then free samplers came out and I couldn’t say no. I’m a sucker for salty contents.

• Motorsheen
    Options

(paraphrasing)

Ah no, Groucho Marx.

oh yeah..... him

file-20180503-138586-aqagis.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=496&fit=clip
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options
    A prerequisite of this club should be knowing obscure references
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

::googled obscure references::

Writes them on the palm of my hand.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    Options

Like who, you, in particular are?

Nobody knows this.

You'll run outta rooooom
  • Keep_on_cardio
    Options

Nobody knows this.

You'll run outta rooooom

Well something I’m great at! Running 😭
  • Motorsheen
    Options

Nobody knows this.

You'll run outta rooooom

Well something I’m great at! Running 😭

me too!

tenor.gif?itemid=5145932

• Keep_on_cardio
    Options
    Give me some bass and beats, to dance to and a drink to take off the edge. Also a vitamin IV bar, To hydrate before leaving. Hydration is key!