60 yrs and up

Replies

• karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,490 Member
    Checking in.

Wifey is back home. All that hassle checking in and out of the hospital for one day. AARRGGHH! She's feeling better, though, and was alert and fairly coherent this morning.

I appreciate the kind thoughts and words, everyone. The frustration is overwhelming sometimes, and I let it show. Back to working on my "attitude of gratitude" today.

It's helpful to vent here, though. Helps me maintain what passes for sanity in my world. HAHA! 😁

It's inspiring to see you all keeping on. A good reminder that life goes on, regardless of our individual travails. Now I need someone to kick my *kitten* out of bed for early morning workouts. That's the one thing I need to get into the daily schedule.

Hey Steve! Vent away and hang in there!

• anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Lots of luck with the VA. My husband is in the midst of claims from agent Orange and it's an ongoing series of lost paperwork. He has had kidney cancer as well as now an undiagnosable neurological disorders the fun just keeps on going. Best wishes.
  • mssue18
    mssue18 Posts: 117 Member
    Hey Steve! Keep the faith and hang in there! Glad to hear you want to get a schedule to work out! That’s what I need. You can do it, whatever you can try!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    Margaret.. Good luck with the VA. I put stuff off too that I need to do. Need to schedule my colonoscopy since sept of 2020 , waited for the pandemic to quiet down so need to do now cuz looking like we may be headed for delta variant issues now. Not looking forward to the prep as I worry about the prep making me dehydrated and passing out and feeling yucky. I will make appt on Monday, I had a positive cologuard test in 2020.. Enjoy your quiet home front!!

I got some of the VA stuff wrangled. But not all of it…. Monday looms over my weekend peace.
    We did get an off brand cologuard from the VA earlier this week, and I managed to give my husband clear enough instructions, and was able to then, err…. ummm… “obtain the sample” yesterday. And got it properly sealed up and sent off to the lab.
    No greater love hath (wo)man than she will literally dig in (redacted) for her husband’s healthcare.

anawake13 wrote: »
    Lots of luck with the VA. My husband is in the midst of claims from agent Orange and it's an ongoing series of lost paperwork. He has had kidney cancer as well as now an undiagnosable neurological disorders the fun just keeps on going. Best wishes.

Are you going through a good Service Organization?
    We used the African American PTSD Association, and they were amazing. But even so it took a few years. Two and a half? I think? And it was a series of “we need more proof/information” until I finally sent off what I call my “45 page polite F-U letter” which was an indexed and annotated compendium of everything we had already sent.
    He was approved the next month.

And ya. My husband is an Agent Orange vet too. It caused his diabetes. Even though he was an athlete. Runner. Take Kwon Do black belt. Etc. One big reason why I get pretty rankled when people are simplistic about the causes of T2D.
  • trekkie123
    trekkie123 Posts: 249 Member
    annliz23 wrote: »
    Grand kids everywhere but hopefully by later afternoon rest time.

Lucky 🍀 you!!! Enjoy!
  • karlschaeffer
    trekkie123 wrote: »

Lucky 🍀 you!!! Enjoy!

Yes, grandkids can wear you out, but oh so worth it.

• anawake13
    Steve, glad your wife is home. Lean on us we are here when you need a place to vent. Prayers for you both.
  • healhierhappiness
    healhierhappiness Posts: 95 Member
    Happy Saturday.. Keep on keeping on. Good day to kick bad eating habits to the corner!!!! Good luck everyone
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    trekkie123 wrote: »

Lucky 🍀 you!!! Enjoy!

Yes, grandkids can wear you out, but oh so worth it.

True but at least playing hide and seek made me hit my targets today!
  • anawake13
    For those of you dealing with VA. We are not going through a service organization (probably should have) but now they have all his medical records from Dr and the 11 lbs of records we sent. He had his VA appointment and the Dr approved several different things on c!aim so now it's wait and see. Thanks to all for your imput. Have to love time with grandkids. Last time we were with our 5 year old granddaughter I was her horse, boy did I ever get a work out.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,113 Member
    I had to get up especially early to take a friend to a dr appointment. That shot the whole morning and half the afternoon. But their appointment went well. They learned some stuff I wish my dr had told me before my diabetes diagnosis.
    Which means they’ll be over to use my NuStep daily.
    I gave them permission to use it during our regular dinner time. Hopefully that will keep it free for when myself and others in the house want to use it.

Gotta start counting the miles to Rivendell soon…. See who gets there first. LOL
  • karlschaeffer
    Checking in. Weight is on a downward trend. Been walking more - eating less - it's like magic. 😁

Yay Steve! I gotta remember the eating less part! 🤣