60 yrs and up

Replies

• michaelhardie13
    michaelhardie13 Posts: 17 Member
    Angel1960 wrote: »
    Yesterday was my first day back on MFT and have managed to cook, eat and record for the last two days and hope to make it a sustainable habit! Lots of weight to lose but am taking it one small step at a time and appreciate all of the postings by others that help keep me motivated.

Keep on keeping on!

Vigilance in tracking is the thing that makes it work for me!
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,248 Member
    Angel1960 wrote: »
    Yesterday was my first day back on MFT and have managed to cook, eat and record for the last two days and hope to make it a sustainable habit! Lots of weight to lose but am taking it one small step at a time and appreciate all of the postings by others that help keep me motivated.

Keep on keeping on!

Vigilance in tracking is the thing that makes it work for me!

Same here!
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Don't forget along with tracking its important to measure things. I'm good at looking at things and underestimating the portion size...welcome back
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Simply_jae wrote: »
    71 and looking for friends to encourage and be encouraged...we can do this

Hi, Jae. I got your note and tried to reply by way of messages. Stupid MFP software won't let me reply - it does not recognize your username. I'm going to send a friend request. Let's try that.

Take care,

Steve

• MargaretYakoda
    cherylre wrote: »
    Hi. Looking for friends 60 and older to help keep us all motivated. Maybe checking in with each other every day to keep us on track. Just started yesterday, have to lose 30 lbs. The older u get the harder it seems to get.

HI! I'm 64 and have seriously been on my health and nutrition journey, including weight loss, since the last day of June. I want/need to lose a bit more weight than you do... About 100 lbs if I want to get down to my ultimate goal weight. But I am setting my goal in increments right now so it doesn't feel too overwhelming. I weighed 315 over 3yrs ago and got down to 265, where I have been sitting since then. I decided to get serious about not only losing weight, but learning about nutrition and the right way to eat. Since starting on this journey I've lost 10 lbs and started waking on the treadmill 3 times a week. I feel great and I know my health will benefit greatly from my efforts. I would love to have a "pal" to share things with and am a great cheerleader if you need motivating. I am very positive about all of this so would love to chat with you.

The group The Biggest Loser has lots of support and challenges. Come join us!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,240 Member
    Hi all struggling with 4 horse fly bites so feeling miserable at the moment. Have a good day everyone.
  • MargaretYakoda
    I’m considering purchasing some skin cream with retinol A in it.
    I would like to use on the areas that have begun to sag some. My arms and abdomen, but mostly my arms. They’re getting crepe-y as well as sagging.

I’m drinking enough water. And I suspect loose skin will be unavoidable in my near future. But I’m hoping to keep it to a minimum.

Advice? Personal experiences? Anyone? Thanks.
  • g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    edited July 2021
    @MargaretYakoda Personal experience: It seemed like my skin turned crepey overnight! Using adapalene (closest precursor to tretinoic acid) followed by emoillent rich lotion worked wonders!

Specific brands I use: Differin and Aveeno Eczema. Total cost: under $50. Differin lasts about 2 months (and i use on face, neck, decolette, and arms). Aveeno looks like it will last about 8 months(use total body). The Differin has higher percentage and closer to tretinoic acid than the retinol lotions i have found in states. Compare percentages and cost. I use at night and/Or after bathing 3x week.

I haven't noticed any tightening, but this routine is super terrific on crepey!

Please let me know how this works for you! I am thrilled😉
  • anawake13
    anawake13 Posts: 99 Member
    Hope you are all getting ready for the week ahead. Let's all attack this battle of weight with gusto and check in next week with good results. I have been using both Nivea and NatureWell collagen for all over moisture and they have worked well on my very dry skin and are inexpensive on Amazon. Also, my dermatologist told me to just take a quick rinse in the shower rather than long, soapy showers.
  • healhierhappiness
    healhierhappiness Posts: 101 Member
    64 years old grandma here. 187.2 today want to be 160 for now. eating 1200 well lol thats the plan. so far week into this i have managed to eat close to that. I added the last 7 days up and divided and my average is 1257 a day dont do any exercise unless you count housework!!
  • MargaretYakoda
    g2renew wrote: »
    @MargaretYakoda Personal experience: It seemed like my skin turned crepey overnight! Using adapalene (closest precursor to tretinoic acid) followed by emoillent rich lotion worked wonders!

Specific brands I use: Differin and Aveeno Eczema. Total cost: under $50. Differin lasts about 2 months (and i use on face, neck, decolette, and arms). Aveeno looks like it will last about 8 months(use total body). The Differin has higher percentage and closer to tretinoic acid than the retinol lotions i have found in states. Compare percentages and cost. I use at night and/Or after bathing 3x week.

I haven't noticed any tightening, but this routine is super terrific on crepey!

Please let me know how this works for you! I am thrilled😉

Thank you! I’ll look for that stuff! And report results if I get anything noticeable.
  • MargaretYakoda
    anawake13 wrote: »
    Hope you are all getting ready for the week ahead. Let's all attack this battle of weight with gusto and check in next week with good results. I have been using both Nivea and NatureWell collagen for all over moisture and they have worked well on my very dry skin and are inexpensive on Amazon. Also, my dermatologist told me to just take a quick rinse in the shower rather than long, soapy showers.

Thankyou. I’ll keep nivea in mind. And I’ll look for the collagen.

As for long soapy showers…. Well, showers are not safe for me anymore. So it’s a quick rinse-scrub-rinse on the shower chair for me.
    And, honestly, some days I don’t even risk that. On those days it’s some isopropyl alcohol on a washcloth, and a quick cleanup of the pits, maybe a little witch hazel on some other areas.

I do miss a nice long bubble bath….