I’m 44, I weigh 272.5 lbs, who wants to lose weight with me?

Options
1235»

Replies

• amlundie
    amlundie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @pecabonitas Glad to be here, yesterday went well. Here's to another day!
  • pecabonitas
    pecabonitas Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    amlundie wrote: »
    @pecabonitas Glad to be here, yesterday went well. Here's to another day!

Yes indeed! Glad to have you!
  • DTOK71
    DTOK71 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 47. 233 Ib with a 7 year old daughter. Something has to give before my knees do. My feet are in constant pain. I huff and puff just tying my trainers let alone running in them. I am moody and sad most of the time. I make others unhappy with my self loathing. Time for change. We can do this.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    DTOK71 wrote: »
    I am 47. 233 Ib with a 7 year old daughter. Something has to give before my knees do. My feet are in constant pain. I huff and puff just tying my trainers let alone running in them. I am moody and sad most of the time. I make others unhappy with my self loathing. Time for change. We can do this.

I’m so proud of you! I really am! We can and we will do this!!!! I’m 46 now and my daughter is 11. Had I kept at it when I first wrote that original post, I’d be at my goal by now. But I can’t dwell on that and beat myself up about that. I must celebrate today... I made great eating choices and hit my calorie goal. I’m motivated to repeat that tomorrow. Onward and upward!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Hehe I’m actually still 45... I hit fast forward by accident
  • amlundie
    Options
    How is it going everyone?
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Here is my story; use it for inspiration if you like. In May, I went in for my six month check-up. I weighed in at 281 lbs and my A1C crept up a tenth of a point but still borderline pre-diabetic. I was less than a month out from my second hip replacement surgery, still rehabbing and getting used to the notion that in the not distant future, I would once again walk without any mobility aids. Day by day, bit by bit through my PT sessions and after, I did more and more and more. Than later in the summer, I re-signed on to MFP in a bid to help my situation by trying to drop some weight, now that I could. In August I entered a transition program before which I was pre-assessed, where I learned that my weight was down to 267 lbs. Near the end of September, I weighed myself at home and that was 249.6 lbs. After the eight week program (where I continued to add during and in between sessions, I was post-assessed and nearly every measured taken was improved with my weight now at 247.6 lbs. I am walking or doing pool exercise anywhere from 4-6 days a week. One year ago, I couldn't do diddly pooh!! I have a doctor appointment in November and I have never been more confident as to how it will turnout. I am a 64 year old male who is proud to stand and say any goal you set is completely and totally doable!! GO FOR IT!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    How is it going everyone?

It’s going well! How are you??? I stopped working out since I started my second job.... but I’ve kept up the healthy eating.... so I’m still losing weight.... it I need to find time to work out.... id be losing so much more
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Wow @geraldaltman that’s amazing! I’m super proud of you!!!! Keep up the great work!
  • geraldaltman
    geraldaltman Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    Wow @geraldaltman that’s amazing! I’m super proud of you!!!! Keep up the great work!

Thank you.
  • blackkitty73
    blackkitty73 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I’ve was 109kg (240 pounds) in May. Now 95.3kg (210 pounds), so approx 30 pounds loss so far. Doing WW but also now doing MFP to keep track of macronutrients and micronutrients as well as calories (I’m anemic so taking tablets). So far very helpful but I need to lose about another 35kg (78 pounds) as I’d like to be about 60kg (132 pounds) and need the motivation and support to keep going. I’ve also got back and knee issues which may need operations in the future but have to lose as much weight as possible first.
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    I’ve was 109kg (240 pounds) in May. Now 95.3kg (210 pounds), so approx 30 pounds loss so far. Doing WW but also now doing MFP to keep track of macronutrients and micronutrients as well as calories (I’m anemic so taking tablets). So far very helpful but I need to lose about another 35kg (78 pounds) as I’d like to be about 60kg (132 pounds) and need the motivation and support to keep going. I’ve also got back and knee issues which may need operations in the future but have to lose as much weight as possible first.

Wow!!!! We have lost around the same amount of weight! Kudos to us!!!! I’ve lose 28lbs and want to get down to 155. I’m 252 now but I started (again) at 280 (I even gained 8 more pounds after I originally started this post 😳). I still never gave up. We will come into stop signs, detours, construction, uturns, and all sorts of obstacles on the road to heath and wellness. We just have to keep navigating around them. Keep going! I’m super proud of you! And welcome to this group!!!
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Candy. I am 44 years old. I have almost 25 year old twin daughters, yikes. I am have been married just over 26 years to a wonderful man who loves me no matter what my size is. However, I want to feel as beautiful as he tells me I am. I have been using my fitness pal since late March 2019. My SW 288. CW is 230 and GW 144. Would love to have friends on this journey.
  • amlundie
    Options
    Hi ladies, just checking in. I have lowered my carb intake to under 100g per day and that seems to be really helpful for me. how is everyone?
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Candyn617 wrote: »
    Hello, my name is Candy. I am 44 years old. I have almost 25 year old twin daughters, yikes. I am have been married just over 26 years to a wonderful man who loves me no matter what my size is. However, I want to feel as beautiful as he tells me I am. I have been using my fitness pal since late March 2019. My SW 288. CW is 230 and GW 144. Would love to have friends on this journey.

Wow you are doing amazing!!! Welcome!!!! You have a wonderful family! You are blessed!!!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Hi ladies, just checking in. I have lowered my carb intake to under 100g per day and that seems to be really helpful for me. how is everyone?

Excellent! Feeling grateful for the opportunity to get healthy!!!! Welcome!!! Lowering the carbs has helped me as well but man I love all things carbs!! Lol
  • Candyn617
    Candyn617 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

Wow you are doing amazing!!! Welcome!!!! You have a wonderful family! You are blessed!!!

@pecabonitas Thank you so much and thank you for creating this thread! So nice to have others who understand the ups and downs of this journey we are on!!

• pecabonitas
    Options
    @Candyn617 we are all family! No judgement only encouragement!!!!
  • amlundie
    Options

Excellent! Feeling grateful for the opportunity to get healthy!!!! Welcome!!! Lowering the carbs has helped me as well but man I love all things carbs!! Lol

Girl me too carbs are delicious!
  • pecabonitas
    Options
    Visiting a friend.... she is an amazing cook..... she made homemade apple pie!!!! I had it a la mode with whipped cream!!!! Yum!!!! And I don’t feel guilty or a failure or anything!!!!! This new plan is awesome!