If you're NOT following a specific plan

Options
13»

Replies

• margbarco
    margbarco Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I try to limit refined carbs for health. For weight loss,I focus on calories and getting enough protein to keep me full.
  • errydayimmusclin
    errydayimmusclin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    margbarco wrote: »
    I try to limit refined carbs for health. For weight loss,I focus on calories and getting enough protein to keep me full.

Yes, this is what I do as well.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Nope. I try to get in some veggies and protein every day, but the most important thing to me is exercise. I try to get in (at least)an hour every day, whether it's all cardio or a combination of cardio, weights, yoga.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I try to eat really healthy foods during the week within my calorie range - I don't see how eating whatever (regardless whether or not it's in your calorie range) is healthy! :#

I think “eating whatever” has a practical application here. Most everyone who is “eating whatever” is aiming for higher protein intake and foods that they find satiating (so they can stay within their calorie goal and not be hungry all the time). To do that AND fit into your calorie goal, that generally means eating lean proteins, lots of veggies, a fair amount of higher fiber foods (like beans/lentils), some fruit, things like Greek yogurt, maybe things like oatmeal.

The “eating whatever” comes in IF we have calories left, we will indulge in something that others deem “unhealthy”. And we will do so without a single iota of guilt or concern because we do meet our nutritional needs. We also recognize the importance of long-term dietary adherence. Fitting occasional treats in a diet that is largely comprised of “healthy” foods is a way we can maintain these eating habits for life.

Great way to explain it. I think enough people have given examples of what they do that it's pretty funny a poster would not understand that we are not saying we ignore nutrition.