Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Hi, I'm Terri.

Heres a photo of my happy poodle on the oregon coast.

Hey! Are you in OR? I'm in Portland!

Also....I've got that same 40 that's been hanging around about seven years....I gotta get it off!

• Chantell1979
    Chantell1979 Posts: 28 Member
    I’m Up and down with weight. Ready to drop some weight and get back on track...Please add me!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited February 2019
    I started MFP when I was 25, but I'm 33 now, sooo...

I have gotten much healthier in my later 20s and early 30s. I've been a happy maintainer for several years, but moved across the country two years ago. This turned out to be a mistake, and I gained 10 or 15lb the first year and a half or so.

I've taken that back off, but now I'm working on those last 5-10 vanity pounds, because I'm also finally getting off my butt and going to graduate school this fall. I prefer to be at my best for that endeavor. That, and make the best first impression possible.
  • Dawncce
    Dawncce Posts: 1 Member
    I've been 21 for the past 16 years. ;) I've been overweight my whole life. Had 100 pounds to lose...hoping to lose enough where I can look decentish in summer clothes this clothes. Just got taken off from beta blockers (which killed my metabolism and helped me plump up not so nicely) so I'm ready to do this.
  • I just had two beautiful baby boys in September. I want to work on getting myself healthy so I keep up with them once they start moving. I would love the extra help. I feel like I am struggling to come up with quick easy meals to take with me to work for breakfast and lunch.
  • kaykn1
    kaykn1 Posts: 5 Member
    I work out 5 days a week, I know can’t succeed without major focus on healthy eating 😩
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Wow, I love this thread and the support that is on here! 31, new mama, and I have a goal to lose 20 pounds. So far with calorie counting and exercise I finally see progress *knock on wood* :D
  • holly00722
    holly00722 Posts: 66 Member
    Went out to dinner last night with my son. I wanted to eat everything that was bad for me. I did good though. I had grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and a baked potato. When going out to eat what are some healthy choice everyone makes?
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Hi everyone 34 living in Portugal and been slowly moving in the right direction for the last couple of years. But, now is the time to make my health my focus!

I'm long time single, no kids and a workaholic.

Exercise is entering my world to help me find a work life balance, and that coupled with eating well will see my find the body i love and then maybe someone else to love it too..... but, for now this journey is about me and for me and no one else.

Would love to share it with likeminded people! Feel free to add me :)

Happy weekend everyone :)
  • ryando
    ryando Posts: 31 Member
    edited February 2019
    Good luck !
  • rbrducky
    rbrducky Posts: 34 Member
    Hi everyone! I am 30, work as a CNA while going to school for nursing. I am trying to get back on track this year as well. I am in desperate need of some accountabilibuddies on here so please feel free to add me!! My goal is to lose 100lbs and go from there as to what feels right. I just want to be healthy and in shape... let's do this together ladies! :)
  • Lift_Eat_Repeat
    Lift_Eat_Repeat Posts: 76 Member
    holly00722 wrote: »
    Its so hard especially when I'm always on the go. Its so easy to just drive thru somewhere and grab something to eat.

The trouble at this age is life gets in the way, work, family, stress.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Heeeeey everybody. I'm 31, no kids, no husband, no desire for either, just a cat and potentially an axolotl on the way. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Currently weigh less now than I did in highschool, but I still have 50 to lose to get to my goal weight. It's been nice to be back on it. Did this once when I was 26-ish and overdid it and ate the weight all back pretty quickly. I'm definitely taking it slower this time. My mental health is a lot better this time, so that's really the big thing that I think will help me this time around.
  • Hjbaker
    Hjbaker Posts: 165 Member
    Hey everyone.... I'm 31 , but don't feel a day over 30 haha. I'm back on the 'find myself again' buzz. I've got a five year old and recently finished study so now it's my time to re-fire the bounce in my step (instead of a jiggle) and would really like a hand to keep myself motivated
  • Ninnoc06
    Ninnoc06 Posts: 7 Member
    I find that there’s a HUGE difference in my mood and tendency towards my depression between exercise days and non-exercise days. I am trying to use this and the better night’s sleep as motivators. Only mistake was listening to that one Rihanna song because it’s been in my head continuously for the past few hours....
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Heeeeey everybody. I'm 31, no kids, no husband, no desire for either, just a cat and potentially an axolotl on the way. I've struggled with my weight my whole life. Currently weigh less now than I did in highschool, but I still have 50 to lose to get to my goal weight. It's been nice to be back on it. Did this once when I was 26-ish and overdid it and ate the weight all back pretty quickly. I'm definitely taking it slower this time. My mental health is a lot better this time, so that's really the big thing that I think will help me this time around.

100% Mental state is key for a successful weightless. I can relate <3
  • mrob1987
    mrob1987 Posts: 2 Member
    I will be 32 this year, just had a my 3rd child 2 months ago. 2019 is our year baby. We will be in the best shape of our lives... Send me an add y’all.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,624 Member
    I'm 31 and I need all the motivation and support I can get!