Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Options

Replies

• chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    holly00722 wrote: »
    Does anyone take vitamins? If so what would you recommend for being in your 30s?

I take a prenatal vitamin. My doctor said that regardless of if you plan on having more children, or children in general, it's the best one because we need more folic acid as we age. So even after baby and nursing I continued to take them.

Also not really a vitamin per se, but I take collagen and melatonin.
  • holly00722
    holly00722 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I do take melatonin and a probiotic. I just want to take vitamins also because I feel like I'm not getting enough daily.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    32 with 3 kids. Lost 85 pounds a few years ago, went from 230-145. I was in the best shape of my life, but somehow i always find self care on the back burner. I've yo-yo'ed since then, finding myself in the 180-190's. This time i'm going to keep it off.
  • hazelsmom89
    hazelsmom89 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Does anyone take vitamins? If so what would you recommend for being in your 30s?

I take a multivitamin, turmeric, flax oil, and elderberry.
  • akh9486
    akh9486 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I’m in my 30’s and I can relate. I finally decided to try and eat healthier and it’s such a slow process. Now my goal for the next month is to make it two the gym 2 times per week but I have yet to do that.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I take a prenatal vitamin most days.

• holly00722
    Options
    I hear ya! My son is gonna be 13 and I’m still trying to lose the baby weight too!
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    so how are you all trying to lose weight? Diet? Exercise? Portion control? All of the above? I'm a powerlifter and so I KNOW I've overfed myself for strength gains. I'm not competing again for the forseeable future, so I'm trying really hard to cut some of this fluff. I'm really taking a good look at what I'm eating right now and my average calorie consumption for now to see where I can pare down on some calories. I also just started a new workout program that I'm really hoping keeps me strong enough to compete again in powerlifting someday. It's Kelsey Well's program and I jumped on the three month for $1 access...so I'm going to try it for the next three months. If I see success with her workouts (it kicked my @$$ yesterday!) I'll jump on board with her monthly subscription price. I think once I can see where my food needs the most work, I might use some of the recipes from her site too...we shall see...
  • JilBells82
    JilBells82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Heyyy! 36 single mom of 3 kids.. struggle bus! Feel free to add me!
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    So I'm on day three of this new workout regime that I have incorporated into my normal routine and OMFG I'm sore as sh!+ today! It's a good sore, and I think I'm over the period and migraine hump of last week so yay! Who knew that your 30's was just one type of ache or pain after another lol!
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    I will admit that I usually use weekends to go off the rails a bit…but this weekend was surprisingly good! I had a cupcake Friday night…which after having some vegan ice cream at lunch that day was probably not needed…but oh well. Other than that, I stayed on plan and in my macro/calorie goals so yay! I got my groceries for the next two weeks and got all of my breakfasts and lunches prepped for this week, worked out on Saturday and rested Sunday. Today is a rest day also and then it’ll be back to the exercise grind tomorrow morning. How was everyone’s weekend?
  • amovin21
    amovin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    33 here, stay at home mom to an almost 3 year old. I started back logging again with the new year and we joined a gym. I’ve managed to go 3-5 times a week and dine pretty well staying at or under my calorie goal. It’s hard to stay motivated when I want to see immediate results. I have 100Ibs to lose, lost 3 in January.

Anyone feel free to add me as a friend so we can help motivate one another. It’s super helpful to not go through this alone.
  • Ninnoc06
    Ninnoc06 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    35 and trying to lose weight. Stupid sugar addiction! Am now trying smoothies instead of cookies for a bit of something sweet. Would love to offer/receive support! The power of a group!
  • Doaa1
    Doaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!
    I decided on my 30’s BD last year that i want to live a healthy happy life!!
    you see 9 months ago i got sleeve surgery done and lost 32 kgs
    The problem is that since the surgery I didn’t do any kind of EXERCISE!!🥺 not even ones 😔☝🏼
    So!! 2 achieve that i need all support i can get from you all ☺️ so lit’s get back on the right track & do this together... My love & Support FIGHTING!!✊🏽
  • holly00722
    Options
    I'm having such a hard time losing weight. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I'm so frustrated!
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    I'm having such a hard time losing weight. I feel like I'm doing everything right. I'm so frustrated!

Ooooo I feel you here.
  • jessica34660
    jessica34660 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm 32, and have two kids ages 6 and 12. I've used this app before but thought i would give it a go again hoping that i can keep better track of what i consume each day. Everyone always says i'm skinny, and don't have weight to lose, and that makes me so mad. I'm tall that's all... 5 Ft 9, and 152 lbs. I tend to gain my weight in my but hips and thighs and, lower belly. I agree, i don't need to lose a lot of weight but i need to tone up, and lose at least a few lbs. When i look in the mirror i see the tummy, and the saddle bags... O how i have the Saddle bags. In the next couple months i'm going to renew my gym membership but for know i have the beach, my treadmill and weight bench, as well as my bike. I find myself watching you tube videos about how to train like a victoria secret model ext... I guess i'm envious of the girls that are not even models because i wonder how they find the time in there day. Like do they work, or just live off mom and dad. I want to see a video were they talk about there day to day schedule, and fitting in there workouts. For me I'm a mom, and i work two jobs to care for my kid. I wake up at 6:30 am and get the girls ready, then my self, and get the little one to school by 7:20, and get to work at 7:30. Then i work until 4:30. I try to get home and work out for an hr on the treadmill before going to get the little one at school by 6 pm. I did not mention that i have a step son every other week that i take care of too, and on those weeks its hard because i get him right after work. And if i have to work my night job then i have to adjust that whole schedule. Not to mention everything that being a mother entails (cleaning cooking activities ext.) in addition to feeding yourself something different then what you give your kids.

I'm very motivated to lose weight, and i do eat pretty good, but i'm trying to eliminate sugar. Not so much keto but close to it....The struggle is real being a mom, still young, and trying to take some time out to focus on YOU!