Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Options

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    safisana wrote: »
    Hi ladies! I'm a mom to a 6 year old and a 16 month old. Once I stopped nursing the little one, I gained about 7 lbs back, on top of the extra pounds I had already been carrying around. I don't have a lot of self-control, but I'm starting to feel unhealthy enough that I'm gaining motivation.

Just feeling unhealthy tipped me over the edge into working on it too. I just didn't feel good, and I knew I could feel better because I have been in much better health before.
  • chunky_pinup
    chunky_pinup Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I’ve lost the weight before – then had surgery that took away a lot of use of my leg for a long time. I’ve been trying so hard to just do exactly what I did before that, but couldn’t seem to figure out what I have been doing wrong since…and I just realized that I have been missing a key component since trying and failing over and over again these past few years – SLEEP!! I had lost the more than 40 pounds after baby with diet, exercise and SLEEP. Now it seems so obvious and yet I had stopped focusing on sleep. So my big goal is to really start trying to be mindful of the amount and quality of sleep I am getting. It really does make a massive difference in everything else I do – the energy I have to workout effectively, the motivation to cook nourishing foods, etc. So – the goal by end of this month is to be getting between 7-9 hours of quality sleep again each night.

How do you all seem effected by sleep?
  • Doaa1
    Doaa1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doing exercises 4 times a week eating small portions 4-5 a day doing a yoga 🧘‍♀️ ones a week & living the good life.
    keep up the good fight!! 👏🏼
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    Doaa1 wrote: »
    Doing exercises 4 times a week eating small portions 4-5 a day doing a yoga 🧘‍♀️ ones a week & living the good life.
    keep up the good fight!! 👏🏼

Nice!
  • MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 31 with another birthday in June. I am motivated to work hard to lose 10-15 pounds, by June. I am working on meal prep to help keep me on track. Feel free to add me.
  • fonsecat
    fonsecat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m in! How does this group work? What info do we share daily to keep the motivation going?
  • Laura48593
    Laura48593 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I’m 30 and looking for support. I spent 2018 on the couch with an injury and Dec 2018-Feb 2019 on the couch recovering from a surgery from said injury (took forever for insurance to approve my operation). I was 128 and a size 2, now I’m afraid to weigh myself and I’m a size 10. Just started eating better again, I justified not eating healthy since I couldn’t do much working out anyway. Looking for some friends to keep me accountable with healthy eating first and then exercising in a couple of months (when I’m able) to please friend me!! <3
  • 23MJ88DBFan
    23MJ88DBFan Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    holly00722 wrote: »
    Went out to dinner last night with my son. I wanted to eat everything that was bad for me. I did good though. I had grilled chicken, steamed broccoli and a baked potato. When going out to eat what are some healthy choice everyone makes?

Last night at Red Robin, I chose black beans for the side which were only 90 calories as opposed to the over 300 for fries (that was so hard, I love fries) and I asked for a lettuce wrap instead of the bun. You made great choices too! Hey, I can't cut potatoes out completely either, making potato salad tomorrow for a get together for ex and best believe I will eat some. Lol
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 this year. Can I get in on the action? :D Lost 145 lbs previously. Gained it all back. I've lost 13 lbs since January 2nd. I am getting married March 2020. Add me y'all!
  • Timkoetta
    Timkoetta Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all. Thirties have been rough. Just had a baby a few months ago and still trying to lose the weight. Going through Tax Season is stressful and I just want to eat brownies all day. Summer is coming. Need some motivation to keep me on track. Add me as a friend so we can help each other out!

I can relate! I am going through tax season as well and trying to get healthy. It is so hard this time of year!
  • Shanel0916
    Shanel0916 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 this year. Can I get in on the action? :D Lost 145 lbs previously. Gained it all back. I've lost 13 lbs since January 2nd. I am getting married March 2020. Add me y'all!

Congrats I'm getting married February 2020, I really want to be in great shape for my day.
  • chunky_pinup
    Options
    fonsecat wrote: »
    I’m in! How does this group work? What info do we share daily to keep the motivation going?

I think it's just a free-thought no-real-rules forum for women of the same age with similar goals to just talk about whatever comes to mine - success, frustration, etc!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I'm saving up for a Nintendo Switch and it's inadvertently helping my eating. I'm pre-planning better instead of grabbing a frozen meal that sounds appealing at Target during lunch, which was getting expensive compared to prepping and bringing a lunch.
  • Lindsayr33d
    Lindsayr33d Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m so upset I let myself get this big. I’ve started eating better and exercising regularly but the number on scale just keeps going up. I want to give up!
  • ponomarenkoruslan
    Options
    Hi there, I am 37 and not considering my self as old for the change)) feel free to add me as a friend so we can do those changes together;) keep moving and results will come.
  • mzbarrientes83
    mzbarrientes83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 35 and I have 4 kids that keep me very busy. I am new to my fitness pal and would love to have support and accountability friends on here. I have struggled with my weight for too long now. I have lost weight in the past but it has been so much harder as I get older. It doesn't help that I am an emotional eater and have a bf who doesn't care about what or how much he eats. I am focusing on trying to eat healthier and get into a routine of being more active.
  • allie4785
    allie4785 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Almost 34 and completely fallen off the wagon. I recently started a 2nd job and now my gym time has been taken over by those hours. I am working hard this week (and going forward) to log my food just to hold myself accountable for calories again and see if I can drop some of the weight. The struggle is real! I had lost 60lbs a couple years ago, and I've gained it all back, plus some. Hoping something will "click" and keep me focused on eating better & holding myself accountable. Add me :smiley: