Women in their 30s trying to get back on track!

Options

Replies

• kimmylyn55
    kimmylyn55 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m 36 and am STRUGGLING with getting the weight off. I lost almost 90 pounds when I was 29... but have since canned 40 of it back... and now I can’t get it off for the life of me!!! Would definitely love the support and accountability! Add me, anyone!
  • chrisrose9731
    chrisrose9731 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    35 going on 21, currently best shape of my life and just chasing my goals! -101 pounds ❤️
  • court2882
    court2882 Posts: 16 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I just turned 36. I have a desk job and a 4.5 year old. Having a child really screwed up my body and I have had weight issues ever since. Hoping to find some other people to relate to to help me stay on track. Hoping to lose 45 pounds which seems really daunting to me. I keep struggling to find the right incentive.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    Anybody ever get down on themselves? I just kind of feel like I'm not doing well at work and that at home I'm just wasting my time. I don't know, sometimes I just feel a little directionless. I think it's rough because it makes me want to eat, too, because it's that "what's the point?" attitude even though nothing is acutely going wrong. I just feel a little lost, I guess.

Yes! Absolutely. I actually was getting into a bit of depression and questioning my life choices and I realized the only thing I could control at this point was my eating habits so I jumped back on the wagon (I'm trying to go back to school and I'm in this hellish limbo at the moment). Maybe think of small goals that aren't weightloss specific and focus on those. Right now I'm trying to kick my daily Monster energy drink habit and am down to 4-5 a week instead of 7. It's not a large difference but it's doable for now. This way I can still make tangible progress even if the scale doesn't move. I'm also setting daily goals like steps or activity that get me through each day.

Do you have anyone you can talk to (not that you can't talk to us!!)? Sometimes having that one-on-one chat with a friend or even an outsider can help with those feelings or just get a fresh perspective on what's going on....
  • FluttershySweetie
    FluttershySweetie Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I need all the motivation I can get! I'm a single mom of 4 (15, 12 and 3 yr old twins) I'm about to turn 34 in a couple weeks. I lost 120lbs 5 years ago and I am 1 lbs away from my heaviest yet again. I can not seem to get back on track and via research and dr visit we have determined that my emotional eating has opened me up to food addiction.
    Please add me :) I am great at supporting
  • kcbeighley
    kcbeighley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! What a great group! I am new to the thirty club, just a couple of weeks in.

I've always struggled with my weight. Some days, I embrace it and say it's just me and I can feel pretty at any size. Other days, I look in the mirror, hate what I see, and beat myself up.

After trying to conceive for a year, I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husband and I want to have a baby and losing the weight is a step in the right direction. I've NEVER been good with dieting and exercising on a regular basis. I'm good for a while, but then I fall off the wagon. Hoping to stay on the wagon and see some real results. Just started 21 Day Fix this morning. Adding it in to my regular after work gym routine.

Any tips and encouragement would be appreciated!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    kali31337 wrote: »
    Anybody ever get down on themselves? I just kind of feel like I'm not doing well at work and that at home I'm just wasting my time. I don't know, sometimes I just feel a little directionless. I think it's rough because it makes me want to eat, too, because it's that "what's the point?" attitude even though nothing is acutely going wrong. I just feel a little lost, I guess.

Yes! Absolutely. I actually was getting into a bit of depression and questioning my life choices and I realized the only thing I could control at this point was my eating habits so I jumped back on the wagon (I'm trying to go back to school and I'm in this hellish limbo at the moment). Maybe think of small goals that aren't weightloss specific and focus on those. Right now I'm trying to kick my daily Monster energy drink habit and am down to 4-5 a week instead of 7. It's not a large difference but it's doable for now. This way I can still make tangible progress even if the scale doesn't move. I'm also setting daily goals like steps or activity that get me through each day.

Do you have anyone you can talk to (not that you can't talk to us!!)? Sometimes having that one-on-one chat with a friend or even an outsider can help with those feelings or just get a fresh perspective on what's going on....

Yeah, I actually go to therapy every two weeks. I'll admit I've come a long way from where I used to be, but the old feelings do crop up sometimes. I should make sure to save this post somewhere so I remember to bring it up. Sometimes I'll have a good day or something acutely bad that happens and it takes up the appointment time rather than the things that are a little deeper under the surface. A big part of our therapy sessions has been making work too important in my life to the point where my day is ruined if work doesn't go well, so I think I might be slipping into that and need to get out of it. Thanks for mentioning that.
  • noodle412
    noodle412 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all! 34 here and trying to get back on track. Feel free to add me, vegan, open diary and post workouts! Would love to support everyone in their journey ;)
  • RedFreckles82
    RedFreckles82 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 36 and I've had a lot of ups and downs. I have a thyroid condition which makes it hard to lose weight. I've tried losing weight several times before, but always get discouraged and say what the point. I decided to give it another try and lose a little weight and get healthier. I was at my heaviest back in January, but I've lost about 10lbs since then. I'm happy about it, but can't help but think I'm going to gain it back with a little extra like time's before. I'm trying to stay positive, but finding it very hard.
    Add me and we can be each others support group. 😊
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! 34 here, and a trip to Hawaii in 48 days! 😬 gotta tighten up 🙊
  • holly00722
    holly00722 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Has anybody ever detoxed? Its something I would like to try but don't even know what my options are.
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I used myfitness pal to lose weight and did eventually get pregnant.
    After having my child I gained weight back because I lost focus.
    I am now on a plant based lifestyle and almost all of my PCOS symptoms are gone.
    I had to experiment to see what worked for me so, I’d say listen to your body.
    Be persistent, consistent and above all patient with yourself.

kcbeighley wrote: »
    Hi everyone! What a great group! I am new to the thirty club, just a couple of weeks in.

I've always struggled with my weight. Some days, I embrace it and say it's just me and I can feel pretty at any size. Other days, I look in the mirror, hate what I see, and beat myself up.

After trying to conceive for a year, I was diagnosed with PCOS. My husband and I want to have a baby and losing the weight is a step in the right direction. I've NEVER been good with dieting and exercising on a regular basis. I'm good for a while, but then I fall off the wagon. Hoping to stay on the wagon and see some real results. Just started 21 Day Fix this morning. Adding it in to my regular after work gym routine.

Any tips and encouragement would be appreciated!

• Justshapes
    Justshapes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Calling on some motivational ladies to add me as a friend.

35 female canada
  • abell979
    abell979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Started Keto 45 days ago and lost over 20lbs. Hoping it continues but it’s slowed down. Goal is to be fit before I’m 40!
  • Jamiedw38
    Jamiedw38 Posts: 7 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm 38 and really need some motivation to stay on track I feel like I'm losing it! Using this app to Try to make some friends with the same kind of issues
  • radaubs
    radaubs Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'll be turning 30 this year so hopefully I can join in 😊 has anyone thought about making this thread into a group?

I lost 50 pounds using MyFitnessPal a couple years ago. Then some crazy stresses came into our lives and I gained 40 back. Those stresses are gone and I can focus on myself again so here I am. However, I know CICO works so thankfully I am very optimistic and feeling relaxed about the journey. I am still searching on how to make it sustainable for life. I don't really want to have to record my food for the rest of my life so that's what I'm trying to figure out this time around. 💛
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 37 and still have my baby weight (despite the youngest "baby" getting ready to start high school). I lost my weight once and after dealing with a major medical issue for my hubby I feel back to old habits. I do not want to lose it using a fad diet or get a skinny quick program, but I want to lose it! I have been carefully watching what I eat and drink for four weeks and have very little to show for my effort. I am back to the gym 4 times a week in high-intensity classes and logging everything I eat (even my breath mints).

It is harder to get the weight off in your 30's but I am done! I have about 70 pounds to lose and am excited to have a group of ladies dealing with the same issues!

Happy losing!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 37 and still have my baby weight (despite the youngest "baby" getting ready to start high school). I lost my weight once and after dealing with a major medical issue for my hubby I feel back to old habits. I do not want to lose it using a fad diet or get a skinny quick program, but I want to lose it! I have been carefully watching what I eat and drink for four weeks and have very little to show for my effort. I am back to the gym 4 times a week in high-intensity classes and logging everything I eat (even my breath mints).

It is harder to get the weight off in your 30's but I am done! I have about 70 pounds to lose and am excited to have a group of ladies dealing with the same issues!

Happy losing!!

Good luck to you! Starting a new exercise program can sometimes mask fat loss with increased water weight, so hopefully it will still continue to come off. The water weight can take a few weeks to come off.
  • joiegl80
    joiegl80 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I am still in my 30s for one more year. Found it easy to lose weight after my first little girl but after this little lady I had 6 months ago I am feeling heavier and find it harder to lose the weight.